Too much change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

It will disrupt us from being our usual shitness.
    This. apart from a 4 month between Sept-Dec we were ####. Even that good period blew hot and cold during games and goals were hard to come by.

The squad appears to be building up quite well and just need 2 decent goalscorers added.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

We will only get that amount of points if we sign a decent striker.
      Then again, perhaps Warburton is a genius who will get goals out of Oteh, Eze, Smyth, Shodipo and BOS
      We'll get a couple of strikers in definitely. Then I can see Oteh and Walker going out on loan. The first team squad shouldn't exceed 25 players and clubs on a tight budget have been known to go with 22.

Still plenty more to leave yet.

Comment

Barring Smith and Freeman, I couldn't give a monkeys about half of those that have been shipped out.

Squad needed a shake up as it has been poor for a while now. Just hope Warbs has got players who know the position/job they are brought in to do. End of square pegs in round holes hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post

Disruptive to what though? We were s.hit
          Not for the whole season though.

Comment

We used to sign 15 players and release 10 more nearly every single period for a very long time until not so long ago - that worked well didn't it - LOL

Last season we only signed one player in summer window and loaned in four and then we had the embargo so the squad been consistent for a period

I think a couple of the sales have been wrong if I was in charge

Myself personally if we can on to Mass - I would - he not the most gifted of players but I think the job he does even if he does not seem to do anything much or is spectacularly noticeable there is something about him that the results have always been markedly better if he is around as to not so I am hoping all suitors change their minds

I would have kept Matt Smith the larger -never let the club down and in my eyes deserved a lot more credit for the job he did - a guy that was able to make the most of his resources etc

But new manager and all that - it happens a lot more than we think.

Yes i been very surprised by how many signings and this early also..

Comment

I'm glad to see the back of Bidwell Cousins & Lynch. Freeman let go on the cheap, the only one we released and sad to leave was Pawel,, need to get in some front men, not feeling to optimistic about this season, but the manager will have to earn his crust, or He'll be toast

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                I'm glad to see the back of Bidwell Cousins & Lynch. Freeman let go on the cheap, the only one we released and sad to leave was Pawel,, need to get in some front men, not feeling to optimistic about this season, but the manager will have to earn his crust, or He'll be toast
                Good double bread analogy there

Comment

Looking at our squad - I think we have 10 squad players from last season - that and the lack of depth scares me

Comment

Working...
                  X