Next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next season

Most likely neither Freeman nor any of the players on outgoing contracts will be here next year (Wszolek, Cousin, Lynch, Bidwell, Hall, Rangel, Cameron, Hemed, Wells). That's ten players.

Out of these ten just one started today (Cameron) and we did very well.

Next season we can add Chair, Smyth and Oteh to the squad and provided we sell Freeman for a decent fee (£5-6m) we will be able to add a few freebies and loans on decent salaries, despite the FFP situation - and we might even be able to pay one or two modest transfer fees. I think it is very likely we will sign 4-5 new players over the summer (a couple of center backs, a central midfielder, a goal scorer and maybe a left back).

All the young players will get one year older and more experienced and better.

I think this might turn out better than many fans are fearing, provided a decent manager. Contrary to many other supporters I don't think we will get relegated.

The financial situation will change drastically in 2020/21 when we remove the huge loss from the 2017/2018 season from the three year rolling FFP calculations. We might upper the budget by £10m in 2020/21 and still comply well with FFP. At the same time a host of other clubs will face FFP restrictions for the first time, just when we put our biggest worries behind us.

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

At the same time a host of other clubs will face FFP restrictions for the first time, just when we put our biggest worries behind us.
    They won’t they will they? Look at Brum and Derby as good examples of how to get off Scot free: the first with a meaningless points deduction and the latter by selling their ground to the owner! The only club which has been battered by FFP is QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

They won’t they will they? Look at Brum and Derby as good examples of how to get off Scot free: the first with a meaningless points deduction and the latter by selling their ground to the owner! The only club which has been battered by FFP is QPR.
      Yep and our worries will stay in front of us for years to come ! We haven't been shafted for one year

Comment

The thing i dont get is when tony kept coming out with - dont worry as if the worst comes we the owners will pay it, and im probably wrong but it seems the clubs paying for it when i was pretty sure tony gave the assumption that it would be coming out of their pockets not the clubs, so why not stick to what we was told and pay it off in 1, then the club can get back to normal surely shirley
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I think there is a misunderstanding among some supporters of what the FFP problem is about.

The problem now is not the fine we got (£17m + £3m of legal fees). This is not affecting our FFP calculation going forward. It is financed by owners and will be paid by the club over a ten year period. It is interest free, so just an idiot would pay it off in one go.It is not limiting our future financial maneuvering, as financing is not the bottleneck.

The problem with FFP going forward is the same for QPR as for any other Championship club: We cannot have annual losses exceeding £39m over any rolling three years period. Our problem is linked to the huge costs we carried over from our time in the Premiership - costs that outperformed the parachute payments and led to £21m loss in 2017/2018. This limits the total losses we can post in 2018/2019 and 2019/2020.

Other relegated clubs will face the same problem once they are coming to year three in the Championship.

Those clubs having got points deduction might face a finanacial punishment on top (not yet decided - can take years to determine), but the biggest worry they have is that they need to make cost cuts to comply with the rules. We are not the only one to face this dilemma, but because of our lower income (less supporters, less sponsors, limited success in developing and selling players) we are admittedly more badly affected than some others.

Comment

So what about any of the funds from transfers over the last couple of years or so, but good post oslo thanks
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
            X