Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one seems to suggest that we could get relegated now, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one seems to suggest that we could get relegated now, why?

Just read a fresh article with several respectable pundits (pun?) stating who will get relegated this season and not one has suggested us despite our increasingly precarious position in the table and abysmal recent form. The teams directly below us are fighting and getting points, while we are not, the gap is narrowing and might all but disappear by next week, and yet our club is blithely deemed safe. I must be missing something vital here, please enlighten me, berate me and shame me if you will.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

I don't think its just the pundits, the club collectively and individually also don't seem to have woken up to the possibility, let alone do anything about it.

Comment

I can see us getting relegated and when we lose at Millwall tomorrow, the pundits will start bandying our name around as relegation fodder..

Comment

Im not sure if the pundits know how crap we are

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          Im not sure if the pundits know how crap we are
          Hinchcliffe does - absolutely slated us on Saturday !

Comment

It was noticeable that London and Sinton dismissed the possibility out of hand when commentating on the shambles v Bolton ( and had agreed how awfully we were playing ). Sacking McLaren suggested something different but Saturday suggested more sleepwalking. I hope Wednesday hasn’t already been discounted as another ”bonus” game which we are bound to lose. It won’t take long to tell!

Comment

Well the bookies are no mugs and they have three teams odds on for relegation, whereas Wigan are 9/1, Millwall 10/1.
              Big gap to us and Birmingham at 50/1. So in their book we’re highly unlikely to be relegated, but there is a remote possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                Well the bookies are no mugs and they have three teams odds on for relegation, whereas Wigan are 9/1, Millwall 10/1.
                Big gap to us and Birmingham at 50/1. So in their book we’re highly unlikely to be relegated, but there is a remote possibility.
                So what do the bookmakers know that we don't?
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

If we are relegated from the position we are in then we deserve to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post

So what do the bookmakers know that we don't?
                    How to assess probabilities and likelihoods I guess

Comment

Maybe its cos of their next games Norwich v Reading and Rotherham v Villa ?

Comment

Back us to go down then.
                        Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 09-04-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

The teams below us have been even worse than us this season. I am hoping we have enough points to stay ahead but wouldn't rule us out being dragged into a nail biting finish.

We'll see if there is any improvement against Millwall. If not we either need to appoint someone now or even make CR caretaker to see if he can more out of team than Eustace.

Need bit of bulldog spirit. At present would put a poodle to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                            They offered £5,000 to 1 against Leicester winning the Premier League. They could be wrong you know!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                              Just read a fresh article with several respectable pundits (pun?) stating who will get relegated this season and not one has suggested us despite our increasingly precarious position in the table and abysmal recent form. The teams directly below us are fighting and getting points, while we are not, the gap is narrowing and might all but disappear by next week, and yet our club is blithely deemed safe. I must be missing something vital here, please enlighten me, berate me and shame me if you will.
                              There is a large section of our support who are so arrogant that they refuse to believe there is any chance of us getting relegated this season. Just search this forum and a few months ago there were numerous people saying that, plus they were also berating some for getting worried about our form and we could be drawn into a relegation battle.

Before the season started I likened us to the Charlton team that got relegated from the Championship in 2016. I still believe our squad is so similar, hopefully we will just have slightly more experience to keep us up.

Comment

Working...
                              X