On my way own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way own

We said we missed Angel and Cameron badly. We managed less than an hour between the two today with one not even fit enough to make the squad. Our whole starting back 4 is out of contract at the end of the season. 3 more starters also and a couple on the bench. That’s 9 in the matchday squad. When we were doing well and around 8th spot at Christmas and a few points off the play offs, players have not been awarded new deals. Lynch went to Media and said he was hoping for a new deal and that can start to take effect if not awarded. Yes the players are professional or supposed to be but football is unique in that it works on a contract basis and a lack of security can creep in for individuals whether we fans can accept that as an excuse or not. Who behind the scenes is dictating renewals whether it’s McClaren (if it is and he wants different personnel next season then we have to trust that and get by this season having probably got the job done already with now insecure playing staff) If it’s higher up then there’s fault there at not renewing players early or earlier for the players themselves or manager.

The ball bouncing off Lumley twice today. This was a keeper who was third choice this time last year. No scope to sign a new number 1 all season and when you throw in an out of contract back 4 then that’s the whole back 5 we’re expecting to be a brick wall, it’s just not going to happen.

Did Hall and Lynch both start today to potentially justify their futures? All this squad uncertainty, it’s very important we don’t have manager uncertainty too and in 2-14 months this isn’t going to end very prettily if we don’t get some stability and direction into the club.

In terms of performances and results, we’ve had games where we’ve deserved to win or draw and then drawn or lost with late goals, bad refereeing decisions or unluckily timed injuries and the law of averages after that for what I would describe a mediocre team anyway is that we’re going to get some bad form/displays and then of course you lose anyway. I don’t think the clamouring for an FA cup run has helped the league situation. The Portsmouth replay made it a very tough February with a weakened squad and we are now firmally in the mire in different ways.

In short, I don’t think the manager McClaren (please show the guy some respect instead of abusive nicknames or even just spelling his name incorrectly) is not the centrepiece of this downturn in fortunes but as the manager of the football club attention naturally turns to him.

Lets focus on the remit which was to survive under FFP issues with an Embargo and a woeful start to the campaign amid an unsettled summer.

Originally posted by Steve_Mac_Fan View Post
    We said we missed Angel and Cameron badly. We managed less than an hour between the two today with one not even fit enough to make the squad. Our whole starting back 4 is out of contract at the end of the season. 3 more starters also and a couple on the bench. That’s 9 in the matchday squad. When we were doing well and around 8th spot at Christmas and a few points off the play offs, players have not been awarded new deals. Lynch went to Media and said he was hoping for a new deal and that can start to take effect if not awarded. Yes the players are professional or supposed to be but football is unique in that it works on a contract basis and a lack of security can creep in for individuals whether we fans can accept that as an excuse or not. Who behind the scenes is dictating renewals whether it’s McClaren (if it is and he wants different personnel next season then we have to trust that and get by this season having probably got the job done already with now insecure playing staff) If it’s higher up then there’s fault there at not renewing players early or earlier for the players themselves or manager.

The ball bouncing off Lumley twice today. This was a keeper who was third choice this time last year. No scope to sign a new number 1 all season and when you throw in an out of contract back 4 then that’s the whole back 5 we’re expecting to be a brick wall, it’s just not going to happen.

Did Hall and Lynch both start today to potentially justify their futures? All this squad uncertainty, it’s very important we don’t have manager uncertainty too and in 2-14 months this isn’t going to end very prettily if we don’t get some stability and direction into the club.

In terms of performances and results, we’ve had games where we’ve deserved to win or draw and then drawn or lost with late goals, bad refereeing decisions or unluckily timed injuries and the law of averages after that for what I would describe a mediocre team anyway is that we’re going to get some bad form/displays and then of course you lose anyway. I don’t think the clamouring for an FA cup run has helped the league situation. The Portsmouth replay made it a very tough February with a weakened squad and we are now firmally in the mire in different ways.

In short, I don’t think the manager McClaren (please show the guy some respect instead of abusive nicknames or even just spelling his name incorrectly) is not the centrepiece of this downturn in fortunes but as the manager of the football club attention naturally turns to him.

Lets focus on the remit which was to survive under FFP issues with an Embargo and a woeful start to the campaign amid an unsettled summer.
    god if there was a peoples vote,if you wrote the speech you could convince me too remain, hang on we are
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Haha ffs , quoting........:-

"Who behind the scenes is dictating renewals whether it’s McClaren (if it is and he wants different personnel next season then we have to trust that and get by this season having probably got the job done already with now insecure playing staff)!"

Get out of it, there is absolutely no defending him at all, he lost us this game again today through poor decisions, and loads of other management/coaching errors.
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post

god if there was a peoples vote,if you wrote the speech you could convince me too remain, hang on we are

Comment

You're just a much more articulate, much politer version of Pinkie.

Unfortunately you're both championing lost causes.

Comment

The lost cause is the club, not the manager should such a decision be made so I hasten to add the noise is only going to aid and abet that

Comment

The lost cause is the club, not the manager should such a decision be made so I hasten to add the noise is only going to aid and abet that
              Would have agreed with most of that right up until the last 3 home games.
              All I saw was some of the worst football I've witnessed in years.

Comment

Sensible post , most of these players will not be here next season so it’s just a matter of just getting over the line this season .The question is do the board believe McLaren is the man to bring the right players in during the summer on a very small budget, I’m not sure they do.

Comment

with our new budget we really cant compete in champs,we more like a league 1 club.
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

with our new budget we really cant compete in champs,we more like a league 1 club.
                    ......and it shows!

Comment

Nothing wrong with watching a competitive QPR side in League 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Nothing wrong with watching a competitive QPR side in League 1.

I am not so sure this side would be competitive in L1.

Comment

Really sensible OP. Still means it’s squeeky bums though.( also totally agree with the childish need to use insulting versions of names )

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

You're just a much more articulate, much politer version of Pinkie.

Unfortunately you're both championing lost causes.
                            Thats not really saying much, a brussel sprout on ketamine is more articulate than pinkie.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Thats not really saying much, a brussel sprout on ketamine is more articulate than pinkie.

I do apologise to our precious ones lol, i will put more effort into my replies on my phone from now on, so hopefully i dont upset rodders and itso, thought the spelling and grammar team had left here

Comment

Working...
                              X