Lumley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumley

Usually rate him , as if you haven’t guessed by now , most of the time I’m a parody. But I’m being serious here - he is S HIT. 2/3 goals we concede he dosent dive , he can’t kick , should’ve saved the winner yesterday. His “s hithousing” isn’t even that good - and it puts us under more pressure . New goalkeeper , among pretty much every position, needed next season if we want to progress .
    JN

Agree not at all keen
    Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Not sure he is our problem at all..
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Not sure he is our problem at all..
        Agree Shania. He’s not perfect but strengthening other areas is more important.

“He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Agree Shania. He’s not perfect but strengthening other areas is more important.
          Think so,yes!!
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

i think lumley has a lot of potential, i think he can go on to play in the prem eventually. he's still only 24 which is young for a goalkeeper and aside for a few loans at lower level clubs this is his first taste at regular first team action. he's made mistakes but he's also pulled off some great saves, against brentford he was our MOTM despite letting in 3 goals.

he's not as good as smithies but he is stronger in other areas like communication. his problem is the poor defence in front of him imo.

theres no need to replace him and as shania said, theres other areas that need strenghening more than the gk

Comment

Mainly going through a not so good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                i think lumley has a lot of potential, i think he can go on to play in the prem eventually. he's still only 24 which is young for a goalkeeper and aside for a few loans at lower level clubs this is his first taste at regular first team action. he's made mistakes but he's also pulled off some great saves, against brentford he was our MOTM despite letting in 3 goals.

he's not as good as smithies but he is stronger in other areas like communication. his problem is the poor defence in front of him imo.

theres no need to replace him and as shania said, theres other areas that need strenghening more than the gk
                Great post Corbs, and fully agree.
                A keeper needs confidence to be able to perform consistently at a high standard, a lot of that confidence comes from his defence; if you are not 100% confident in those in front of you, you are unable to fully relax, hence mistakes happen.
                I think, once we have a solid, consistent defence, we will also so a much more consistent Lumley.
                As others have already said, other areas need replacements much more than our number 13.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

he's still only 24 which is young for a goalkeeper
                  If Joe Hart is anything to go by then he has about 4/5 years left...

Comment

agree with this tbf , but a lot of us round where I sit have said
                    it too, a lot of the goals we concede he dosent even dive . JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

agree with this tbf , but a lot of us round where I sit have said
                      it too, a lot of the goals we concede he dosent even dive . JN
                      Almost as if he can't be bothered?
                      I sort of get where he is coming from. He is still quite young, 1st full season in 1st team, that no doubt he was really pumped for. Then he watches those in front of him melt like chocolate teapots.
                      Feel bad for the lad.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

To be fair he is up against it. When you think about it we’ve had some cracking keepers over the years. Kenny and Smithies amongst others. Personally think Green wasnt too bad either though he did have his moments Further back the likes of Seaman. We’ve been spoilt in that department to a degree. All keepers make mistakes but as has been said, they’ll make a lot more when the defence in front of them is shaky. Watch any match in the chsmpionship this weekend and you can bet your bottom dollar both keepers will make a few errors.

“He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Was it not Lums playing against Leeds n Brom ?

Comment

can't blame lums for either goals , with bidwell , lynch and furlong in front of him

Comment

Working...
                            X