QPR podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR podcast

Does anyone else listen to it? Of late its certainly gone down hill. It used to be a good listen whilst I was at work. Who is the camp american? Has an extremely irritating voice and is hardly a football man. The young girl who has also been on it also very irritating and thinks she's the new gabby Logan. Women can't be women these days and they must be getting desperate for guests
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

I've been listening to the one in the link below recently.
    Not a bad show.
    Hi Fellow R's We put on a weekly weekly QPR podcast broadcast Tuesday's 9pm - 10pm on Love Sport Radio (https://twitter.com/lovesportradio). If you can't listen live the you can download at https://soundcloud.com/ranger-things Open all R's is probably you're first call for QPR pods, we try to be a bit different with our
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Does anyone else listen to it? Of late its certainly gone down hill. It used to be a good listen whilst I was at work. Who is the camp american? Has an extremely irritating voice and is hardly a football man. The young girl who has also been on it also very irritating and thinks she's the new gabby Logan. Women can't be women these days and they must be getting desperate for guests
      Listened to 'rangers things' a week or two back, not bad. Was the episode that had Marcus bean on.

Are you talking about Finney's podcast? He seems to get a lot of stick on twitter over it. That woman they had on there caused a bit of bother with her comments about people having racist undertones when describing Eze as lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

Listened to 'rangers things' a week or two back, not bad. Was the episode that had Marcus bean on.

Are you talking about Finney's podcast? He seems to get a lot of stick on twitter over it. That woman they had on there caused a bit of bother with her comments about people having racist undertones when describing Eze as lazy.
        She - Flo Lloyd-Hughes - also said that we have a racism problem at the club because we don't have a 50/50 percent split between black and white fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          I listen to it and I also enjoy it. They get a range of fans on and the views are interesting even if I don't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

She - Flo Lloyd-Hughes - also said that we have a racism problem at the club because we don't have a 50/50 percent split between black and white fans.
            did she actually say that lol? i do find it odd that we don't have more black fans at the club given shepherds bush is full of black people but they seem to support arsenal or chelsea. i've only ever seen 2 somali's at the club

Comment

Did she say that, or was she talking more generally about football? I do recall her and Ferdinand talking about race, but it was nothing controversial. I think there was something about getting more people from the local non-white community and they were asking the question why they don't come. I think we all know why people don't come...we struggle get our won fans in!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

Did she say that, or was she talking more generally about football? I do recall her and Ferdinand talking about race, but it was nothing controversial. I think there was something about getting more people from the local non-white community and they were asking the question why they don't come. I think we all know why people don't come...we struggle get our won fans in!
                She said that we should be ashamed that most people who go to QPR games are white males and we should do everything to achieve a 50/50 white/black split.

When pulled up about this she accused several people of racism and, later on, when she was told that she was talking ######## by black fans - and a couple well known too - she completely ignored them.

She's a trouble maker who should be banned from airing such views on a QPR podcast and should be shunned or questioned every time she sits in R block.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

did she actually say that lol? i do find it odd that we don't have more black fans at the club given shepherds bush is full of black people but they seem to support arsenal or chelsea. i've only ever seen 2 somali's at the club
                  Problem is that most people today don't really support crap lower division teams but opt to 'support' successful sides from their armchairs. The percentage is even higher among the black/Asian communities.

We're not just competing against other clubs for customers but also need to acknowledge that for the cost of a ticket and a programme tonight you can get a whole month's worth of Sky sports. Any problem attracting fans isn't because we're institutionally racist, or whatever term she would use, but because we're crap and it's more expensive to see us tonight than it is to have access to 100s of matches on TV for month.

Anyway, short of pulling guns on black people and making them come to Loftus Road or having a 'bring a black day', what does she want us to do?

Comment

She said that we should be ashamed that most people who go to QPR games are white males and we should do everything to achieve a 50/50 white/black split.

When pulled up about this she accused several people of racism and, later on, when she was told that she was talking ######## by black fans - and a couple well known too - she completely ignored them.

She's a trouble maker who should be banned from airing such views on a QPR podcast and should be shunned or questioned every time she sits in R block.
                    Perhaps you should email her and find out why she holds these views? A very wise person once explained to me the value of understanding why someone thinks the way they do.

Comment

Problem is that most people today don't really support crap lower division teams but opt to 'support' successful sides from their armchairs. The percentage is even higher among the black/Asian communities.
                      Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

Perhaps you should email her and find out why she holds these views? A very wise person once explained to me the value of understanding why someone thinks the way they do.
                        Ha ha, I did ask her on Twitter but she told me that the EDL, or Football Lads Group, was located in the Ellersie Road...

Comment

We're not just competing against other clubs for customers but also need to acknowledge that for the cost of a ticket and a programme tonight you can get a whole month's worth of Sky sports. Any problem attracting fans isn't because we're institutionally racist, or whatever term she would use, but because we're crap and it's more expensive to see us tonight than it is to have access to 100s of matches on TV for month.

Anyway, short of pulling guns on black people and making them come to Loftus Road or having a 'bring a black day', what does she want us to do?
                          lol true. its kinda sad though how smaller clubs are gradually just dying out due to a long term lack of support, especially in london.
                          i'm from bracknell and a lot of people started supporting reading when they got promoted, i wonder if that'd be the case for us if we reach the prem again?

i love the 'bring a black' idea though

Comment

Working...
                          X