In a weird kind of way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a weird kind of way

Although I of course much prefer it when we are on a winning roll and I am old enough to remember at least a couple of times that happened I for some reason seem to enjoy away games when our backs are really up against the wall and nobody gives us a chance of a getting a result

Believe me I have done the mini bus midweek trips to the Grimsby's and Yeovil's of the world when we could not fill a coach and have gone to away games for nearly 35 years but games like Blackpool a couple of weeks ago and Coventry tomorrow when the chips are down are when I enjoy the trip a lot more, well the trip up at least

I suppose its because its the same old faces I have known for donkeys years and despite the fact that we all moan like hell about the team and club in general there is always that magic moment when you actually get the three points.

Last time we were in a similar situation was away at Wolves one night and we won 2-1 I think years ago and the few that went celebrated like we had won the league

Would much rather we won every game all season but to me at least there is a special part in me that regardless of how we are doing in the league there is simply nothing else that compares to watching QPR

Nice post, i feel like going now.

Comment

I don't - we'll get stuffed again.
      http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Would much rather we won every game all season but to me at least there is a special part in me that regardless of how we are doing in the league there is simply nothing else that compares to watching QPR[/QUOTE]

Amen

Comment

yep good en paul isnt that what supporting the rs is all about great post!!

Comment

its very true
            i think one such occasion was our last game at the old coventry ground highfield road, think we might have one that 2-1
            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

george santos, i seem to recall, won us the game single-handed, well toe-poke/deflection.... happy days. was going to decorate tomoro but i might find meself heading up the m40 instead.. cheers 4 that

Comment

Working...
              X