Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting piece of information from a few years ago......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting piece of information from a few years ago......

I got told this in the summer but completley forgot to post it

Anyway, before Chelsea were taking over by Abromavich, QPR, Fulham and Chelsea has all agreed to building a single stadium for them all to share on the site that is now Westfield. The plans were all finalised and accepted by the council-the only reason for it not going ahead was that the Police did not want to have to manage up to three games a week.

Could you imagine us in a 30/40000 seater stadium? Crazy
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
    I got told this in the summer but completley forgot to post it

Anyway, before Chelsea were taking over by Abromavich, QPR, Fulham and Chelsea has all agreed to building a single stadium for them all to share on the site that is now Westfield. The plans were all finalised and accepted by the council-the only reason for it not going ahead was that the Police did not want to have to manage up to three games a week.

Could you imagine us in a 30/40000 seater stadium? Crazy
    We were, not that long ago. Mid/late 70's
    Probably have more fans now than we did then.

Not so crazy.... Give them the team, and they will come.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

This was only 5/6 years ago-at the moment there is no way we would fill anywhere near that, even with a good team
      Now, Then, Forever

Comment

This was only 5/6 years ago-at the moment there is no way we would fill anywhere near that, even with a good team
        I'll have to disagree with you there.

I'd say if we were in the same position as Fulham are now... we'd be getting more than them.
        I'd say 30,000ish, if we had a good stadium, and a decent team challenging for Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
          I'll have to disagree with you there.

I'd say if we were in the same position as Fulham are now... we'd be getting more than them.
          I'd say 30,000ish, if we had a good stadium, and a decent team challenging for Europe.
          It would depend on numerous factors, the main one would have to be getting 'glory supporters' begining to support us. If you remember when we went to Cardiff in the Playoff final in 2003 we struggled to fill 30,000 then and that was a huge game to us.
          Now, Then, Forever

Comment

i'd have to agree with qprjames,where are these extra fans coming from?attendance figures of late just don't stack up even when we were performing

Comment

Originally posted by bertiebasset View Post
              i'd have to agree with qprjames,where are these extra fans coming from?attendance figures of late just don't stack up even when we were performing

I'm talking about if (a big if!) we were in The Premier League.
              Huge difference between that, and a few wins in october in the second division.

All I'm saying is that we have more base support than Fulham or Reading, who were getting 25,000 ish in the Prem.
              Part-timers, glory hunters, people call them what they like... but they would roll-up for Premier League Football.

Comment

I'm talking about if (a big if!) we were in The Premier League.
                Huge difference between that, and a few wins in october in the second division.

All I'm saying is that we have more base support than Fulham or Reading, who were getting 25,000 ish in the Prem.
                Part-timers, glory hunters, people call them what they like... but they would roll-up for Premier League Football.
                I know were you are coming from but in the 1990's we rarely got over 20,000-we were playing good prem football then
                Now, Then, Forever

Comment

I know were you are coming from but in the 1990's we rarely got over 20,000-we were playing good prem football then
                  Not being funny here, but that's partly because the ground only held 20k then.(!)

I take your point, but The Premier League is a different animal now, unrecognisable from 15 years ago.

It's just my opinion that if we were top half of that league, and had a stadium worthy of it... we'd easlily get 25k+ every week.
                  And more for the Man Utd, Chelsea etc.. games.

Hope we get to settle this one day, and see who's right!
                  Quite a while off, I'd say.

Comment

Not being funny here, but that's partly because the ground only held 20k then.(!)

I take your point, but The Premier League is a different animal now, unrecognisable from 15 years ago.

It's just my opinion that if we were top half of that league, and had a stadium worthy of it... we'd easlily get 25k+ every week.
                    And more for the Man Utd, Chelsea etc.. games.

Hope we get to settle this one day, and see who's right!
                    Quite a while off, I'd say.
                    i'd love to see you proved right,imagine.......25k and what an atmosphere i'm sure,we can but dream........ eh?

Comment

the thing about the stadium on westfield is rubbish
                      certainly preliminary plans for a stadium were drawn up based on the unigate site the other side of white city station but westfield, drawn up and approved by the council, No
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                        the thing about the stadium on westfield is rubbish
                        certainly preliminary plans for a stadium were drawn up based on the unigate site the other side of white city station but westfield, drawn up and approved by the council, No
                        This was from a QPR director at the time, trust me-its spot on
                        Now, Then, Forever

Comment

This was from a QPR director at the time, trust me-its spot on
                          if they were approved by the council then it would have been public knowledge and would be all over the press. especially as three teams were involved. are three teams allowed to share one ground?

Comment

"This was from a QPR director at the time"

Which one, pm me if easier and i will ask them
                            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                              "This was from a QPR director at the time"

Which one, pm me if easier and i will ask them
                              Sorry but I dont need to prove myself. Believe it if you want...if not forget it.
                              Now, Then, Forever

Comment

Working...
                              X