Routledge... /merged thread/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funky View Post
    I'd be amazed, I think Wayne wanted out and I'd imagine has had quite a considerable pay rise.

Plus playing at St James Park week in week out must of been quite hard to turn down.

I think in the end it was a good deal for both parties although as a fan i'm gutted i cant watch Wayne in the hoops he was a terrific player for us in the short space of time that we had him.

Must admit though not playing Radek Cerny makes me wonder if he has some sort of appearance clause in his contract.
    Open your eyes mate.

He did not want out. We accepted a bid and this all makes sense as to why.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Routledge...

Routledge To Shelve Respect For Sousa

By Craig Hope

WAYNE Routledge admits that he will shelve his respect for former Queens Park Rangers boss Paulo Sousa when Newcastle United go looking for a swift return to winning ways at Swansea City this weekend.

The former Portugal international, now in charge at the Liberty Stadium, was the reason Routledge signed for the capital outfit just over 12 months ago.

But the pair's stay in W12 was not to last and, by April, Sousa was sacked. Routledge, meanwhile, was headed for the Loftus Road exit doors some nine months later with St.James' Park his chosen destination.

The livewire winger has since caught the eye at Gallowgate only for a successful start to be marred somewhat slightly by the midweek defeat at Derby County.
      And that is why, despite harbouring an admiration for Swans chief Sousa, Routledge is determined to get one over on his former boss on Saturday lunchtime.

"Paulo was the reason I signed for QPR," revealed the 25-year-old, "I sat down and had a talk with him and his football philosophy is amazing.

"Everything revolves around football with him and I enjoyed working with him.

"He's doing well at Swansea now and is getting results.

"He's got a good side and they are bound to play good football, so it will be a difficult game.

"But we're going there on the back of a defeat and the team togetherness is stronger now after Derby.

"We're all determined to bounce back from that and get a win on Saturday.

"A good result here could be the start of another unbeaten run and that is our aim."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100...240137_1963822
      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Wayne did not want to leave, but Flavio and Paladini wanted him to go for the money.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
          Routledge To Shelve Respect For Sousa

By Craig Hope

WAYNE Routledge admits that he will shelve his respect for former Queens Park Rangers boss Paulo Sousa when Newcastle United go looking for a swift return to winning ways at Swansea City this weekend.

The former Portugal international, now in charge at the Liberty Stadium, was the reason Routledge signed for the capital outfit just over 12 months ago.

But the pair's stay in W12 was not to last and, by April, Sousa was sacked. Routledge, meanwhile, was headed for the Loftus Road exit doors some nine months later with St.James' Park his chosen destination.

The livewire winger has since caught the eye at Gallowgate only for a successful start to be marred somewhat slightly by the midweek defeat at Derby County.
          And that is why, despite harbouring an admiration for Swans chief Sousa, Routledge is determined to get one over on his former boss on Saturday lunchtime.

"Paulo was the reason I signed for QPR," revealed the 25-year-old, "I sat down and had a talk with him and his football philosophy is amazing.

"Everything revolves around football with him and I enjoyed working with him.

"He's doing well at Swansea now and is getting results.

"He's got a good side and they are bound to play good football, so it will be a difficult game.

"But we're going there on the back of a defeat and the team togetherness is stronger now after Derby.

"We're all determined to bounce back from that and get a win on Saturday.

"A good result here could be the start of another unbeaten run and that is our aim."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100...240137_1963822
          I don't believe any of this. He's just a money-grabbing journeyman who is part of an evil conspiracy concocted with Sousa-loving members of this messageboard to support an utterly hopeless and clueless manager who struck luckily struck gold by inheriting such a high class and expensively assembled squad at Swansea.

Comment

I believe in his interview he actually stated that he hadn't been looking for a move but was told that Newcastle had come in for him and that the bid had been accepted so he thought why not?

Comment

Working...
            X