Please play Chair, Steve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please play Chair, Steve

The midfield two created sooooo little today. I know Mass is back next week, which is good, but Chair, in his little cameo, offered so much more offensively than either Manning or Scowen. Really need get cooking again. Chair offers something. Let's play him.

Agree. Of all the kids fans are demanding this is the guy, Eze aside, with something about him and ability to have impact

Comment

100%. Chair gets the ball in his feet and knocks it off quickly. He has a bit of pace and gets about. We need to see if he can do for 90 minutes in first team. If Manning is the answer I'd hate to hear the question so let's see what Chair has got.

Comment

I agree
        chair can be like shakira at the pool is
        Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

I'm glad MacLaren made some changes yesterday. Oteh didn't have a good game, but we were woefully ineffective in midfield again. No real chances were created for him.

I do think Manning and Scowen was a slight improvement from Scowen and Cousins. But all 3 are too workmanlike and do similar jobs. We need a footballer in their next to them.

I'm guessing Mas will be back next week and will slot straight in. But next time he's unavailable, MacLaren needs to be smarter about who he selects in the middle.

And yes, I'd like to see Chair get more game time. Looks lively and creative each time he gets a cameo. Shame we never see him before the 85 minute mark.

Comment

Chair is brilliant, he really needs a chance

Oteh too needs a little more game time to shine
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I'm glad MacLaren made some changes yesterday. Oteh didn't have a good game, but we were woefully ineffective in midfield again. No real chances were created for him.

I do think Manning and Scowen was a slight improvement from Scowen and Cousins. But all 3 are too workmanlike and do similar jobs. We need a footballer in their next to them.

I'm guessing Mas will be back next week and will slot straight in. But next time he's unavailable, MacLaren needs to be smarter about who he selects in the middle.

And yes, I'd like to see Chair get more game time. Looks lively and creative each time he gets a cameo. Shame we never see him before the 85 minute mark.

This more or less what I said on another thread , your on it saying scowens cousins and Manning are all workmen , scowens being the best workman and workmen are there to complement a more creative partner imo chair should be in the managers thoughts for game time seeing as the work men collectively have been given a a fair run , and there's no guarantee what sort of form Luongo is going to be in after more or less sitting on the bench for a month

Comment

Think yesterdsy showed why likes of Manning and Oteh etc benefit from a loan as they had bright start then kind of got swallowed up and bullied more the game went on. If they do season playing week in week out against lumps like Portsmouth, who were a poor physical side, it would do them and us the world of good.

Some players, although young, are just that bit more advanced and ready to step up like Eze and potentially chair

Comment

agree always rated chair. JN

Comment

I don't disagree with the OP, it's funny though, last week many were calling for Manning to be our saviour in that role, he got his chance yesterday and from what I saw and what has been reported he didn't cover himself in glory! I think we had a very good pairing in Luongo/Cameron, they could do the defensive hard work and had enough creativity to play out of the midfield!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

not seen a lot of chair so far

Comment

Looks a very talented player and one who can see a pass and like the fact he looks to pass forward and quickly. Give Eze a rest and give chair a 3 or 4 game run in the team.

Comment

Thought Chair was superb for the little time he got on the field. Could easily play the number 10 role.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Thought Chair was superb for the little time he got on the field. Could easily play the number 10 role.
                            Totally agree mate. I feel we've missed a trick since Mas has been away. Could have played Scowen next to Cousins or Manning with either Chair of Freeman in the number 10 role behind Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Totally agree mate. I feel we've missed a trick since Mas has been away. Could have played Scowen next to Cousins or Manning with either Chair of Freeman in the number 10 role behind Wells.
                              Agree. As much as I like Eze he's just been off the pace enough to warrant a spot on the bench while someone else plays that role (IMO) and yeah, Freeman or Chair could easily slot in there with BOS on the wing.

Comment

Working...
                              X