Best save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best save

So as it was the FA cup this weekend. I remembered that save David Seaman made against Sheff Utd. I'm sure you remember the save.

This made me think about the best save made by a QPR goalie.

We talk about best players, best goals. but whats the best save you have seen?

For me, i remember Simon Royce having a great game against Derby, saving a penalty and making an unbelievable save.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iR2BGbPifo

Whats the greatest save you have seen made by a QPR goalkeeper?

This is a good question, got me racking my brain.... and I've drawn a total blank! Must be my age. I'm sure I saw Smithies pull off a few worldies. I can't remember Roberts or Sommer even making a save. Camp was decent. I'm sure Parkes made some great saves.

Comment

Good thread. Greeno did one helluva save or double-save actually. Was it against Southampton?

Comment

Paddy Kenny versus Leicester at home in the promotion season, 0-0 at the time and Yakubu lobbed him from outside the area and Paddy back pedalled to tip it over from under the crossbar. We went onto won 1-0 with Ishmael Miller getting a late winner.

Comment

Seen some great saves over the years but one I never forget was Budgie away at Charlton 2-2 draw I think, he twisted in mid air when ball took a deflection and changed direction to tip it round the post.....was an absolute world class save ! For importance Daisy v Oldham In Play Offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Seen some great saves over the years but one I never forget was Budgie away at Charlton 2-2 draw I think, he twisted in mid air when ball took a deflection and changed direction to tip it round the post.....was an absolute world class save ! For importance Daisy v Oldham In Play Offs.
            Budgie’s save at Charlton was the best save I’ve ever seen, even better than Gordon Banks save against Pele.

Kit, I thought we beat them 2-1 that day.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              This. John Burridge, the best save I've ever seen.

Comment

Big Jan was special.
                He made many great saves but, my vote goes to Nicky Jones for that epic moment of saving a penalty with his face.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

The only magnificent 'saves' made by Julio Cesar in his time at QPR were in his bank account, share holdings & premium bonds....

Comment

When we played Oldham in the play-off semi, Chris Day pulled off an incredible save from close range in the final minute with the score at 1-0. Sticks out for me given the game’s importance.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Budgie’s save at Charlton was the best save I’ve ever seen, even better than Gordon Banks save against Pele.

Kit, I thought we beat them 2-1 that day.
                      Could well have been, saw us win 2-1 and 3-1 and draw 2-2 all around that time, was an evening game. Seem to remember Andy Pape making his debut in one of those games too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        Big Jan was special.
                        He made many great saves but, my vote goes to Nicky Jones for that epic moment of saving a penalty with his face.
                        Loved Stejskal. Remember his last minute penalty save at Newcastle to give us the points.

Comment

Every save by Derek Richardson was special as he didn’t make many
                          Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X