X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

We'll have to agree to disagree! We were awful under that formation. It made no sense and he kept with it for ages. Anyone else would have changed it well before he was forced to. And lets not forget him almost getting us relegated the previous year from a position of safety. 7 losses from last 8 games. Unbelievable incompetence. Great guy **** manager.
    Yeah I agree the three at the back was awfull it was a bad choice the players we're to thick to play that way the manager should have stuck to a back four D Mc said all the coaching staff were in favour of the three due early injuries , but you ain't disagreeing with me Foxy your disagreeing with D Mc who claimed to inside info , see if you can find it ! If it wasn't true ( the whole article ) he left hiself open to the club taking legal action , you know there's always rumours comming up like the one about we took Gladwin along with lunogo to save Swindon paying spurs a sell on fee if we paid over a certain amount for Luongo , as if couldn't take Luongo by his self and just pay any sell on fee ourselves instead of the supposed conspiricey of turning spurs over , not saying you Buddie but there's always itk rumours popping up

Leave a comment:

• powerrangers
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Dave Mc get west London put that to bed about Holloway being told to stop playing the three at the back , telling us Holloway was advised by his coaches to play three at the back because we was so shlt at the start of last season , so use the the extra man in mid field also D Mc stated Holloway has always been in favour of a back four which with the emergence of the young players at the turn of the year he was able to revert to a back four by HIS choice

Yep.....and we had a shortage of experienced defenders out with various injuries also made us go to 3 at the back......User furtives response above is funny....fingers shoved in ears not wanting to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Dave Mc get west London put that to bed about Holloway being told to stop playing the three at the back , telling us Holloway was advised by his coaches to play three at the back because we was so shlt at the start of last season , so use the the extra man in mid field also D Mc stated Holloway has always been in favour of a back four which with the emergence of the young players at the turn of the year he was able to revert to a back four by HIS choice
    We'll have to agree to disagree! We were awful under that formation. It made no sense and he kept with it for ages. Anyone else would have changed it well before he was forced to. And lets not forget him almost getting us relegated the previous year from a position of safety. 7 losses from last 8 games. Unbelievable incompetence. Great guy **** manager.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    yet, Power Pinkie, Uncle has since admitted what looked to be the case in that Ollie was spoken to about his pet formation ..

you know the formation that led to all those losses in a row and made no sense. About the same time the youngsters started getting real game time too and CR started having a larger presence.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by The General View Post
    Like Ollie dumped Shopido and played Ben Gladwin you mean all manager have their favourites don't they I'm afraid
    They do but Smythe happens to be a favourite with me and like others I talk to don't see why he seems to be falling behind
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 14-09-2018, 06:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    yet, Power Pinkie, Uncle has since admitted what looked to be the case in that Ollie was spoken to about his pet formation ..

you know the formation that led to all those losses in a row and made no sense. About the same time the youngsters started getting real game time too and CR started having a larger presence.

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by powerrangers View Post

Why can`t you all understand the way things are!...........What that we was told the clubs moving forward getting rid of the last manager and not progressing.....but going backwards you mean.....You say why can`t we understand yet we

had a manager before who was fitting our exact requirements and we`ve employed a manager who has not carried on the good work.....and changed our plans/direction we thought we were going.
    Powerrangers...... I wasn't making any reference at all to Ollie and Steve. It was about where we are as a club financially and the way we have to operate but...... Since you are comparing the two... Ollie had lost 6 of his first 7 games. Manning wasn't that great when he played last season. Smyth had played well but I'm most definitely NOT in favour of playing our youngsters no matter what. If there are others playing better in training and showing more to Steve then he sees more than us. And Ollies record before the board made him change his formation was dire so the improvement for me wasn't down to him and we still lost a good few after we went 442. Everybody says Ollie had kept us up comfortably but i will go one more to say if he had've seen the error of his ways much much sooner we would have had a much better season and finishing much higher up the table just being based on what happened after the formation had changed. ALL managers work differently and Steve is still finding his way in competitive games for us. And you mention the loans Steve has. Would you prefer us to be playing Smith and Washington. Ollie had 3 transfer windows to try and bring in goal scorers. And in fact did so in David Wheeler but refused to play him in the positions where he got those goals at his previous club and in fact hardly playing him at all before his injury. But he brought in 4 wingers instead and didn't play them.

Leave a comment:

• powerrangers
    replied
    Power is not Pinkie Foxy I've checked 50 previous posts handwriting ,,grammar ,,and punctuation and there is no match
    We need to give him a break he just loves Ollie as much as pinkie did maybe ))

Ive been accused of being this pinky a few times on here now......i am just me with my own mind and i did not love holloway....but loved what we was doing and progressing with the youngsters.....Something that the owners and les

had said was the way we was going to go from now on........We played some great bits last season....and yes as in reply to user furtive....the manager changed things after the forest game and had to...as whoever he put in was not doing

the buisness...hence the change in tac.....was quite obvious why it was done...and the manager should of got plaudits for it...and from my time on other boards/forums mostly he did.......But as it appears on here there seems to be a

staunch 7 or 8 or so that will not have a good word spoken about him....quite funny really.....Anyway hopefully it wont be like another birmingham game tomorrow and we start playing well.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Power is not Pinkie Foxy I've checked 50 previous posts handwriting ,,grammar ,,and punctuation and there is no match
    Could be argued either way General! There are some similarities in language suggesting that after being outed before he is trying to be careful.

I'd be happy to see him back, is a distraction from the football if nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    Like Ollie dumped Shopido and played Ben Gladwin you mean all manager have their favourites don't they I'm afraid

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    Agreed Dogs me too

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    I'm quite prepared to give S Mc time to try and get stability jist like I'm hoping Amit will bring , but I do have gripes about something's S Mc is doing what disappoints me is young Smythe appears to be falling down the pecking order

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Holloway !! Ollie ! Brizzle boy Holloway there I've said it now call me Pinkie

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    Power I feel the problem is with the owners and will be for years even Jose cannot fix our club atm
    Its worse than. I thought to be honest I thought we were able to go forward financially but we cannot it seems
    Ollie is probably happy. That he is not manager any more it's a farking mess right now
    Any manager whoever it is has an impossible job going forward at the moment .
    Its not really about Ollie or mc laren or Jose it's the mess the owners have left and it's going to take years to fix
    Owners not Managers our the problem that we have

Leave a comment:

Working...
X