Don’t give up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t give up!

I see no reason to give up, despite the worst start of a season in the clubs history and one of the worst of any Championship teams ever.

We are three players short of the team that comfortably beat relegation by a margin of 15 points last season. We haven’t lost one single midfielder, winger or striker worth mentioning since last season, and even with Washington, Sylla and Smith as the only strikers we finished lower mid-table last year.

If we get in a good goalkeeper and a decent central defender before the closing of the loan window, we have a team equal to last season. Add the fact the youngsters are one year older and we probably get Hall back and the squad isn’t the problem. If we even manage to loan a decent striker on top we could actually have a better team than last season.

The only problem is the manager. Except Les and a small minority of our fans, everyone knew before the season started that McClaren isn’t suited for QPR, and the poor results should not come as a surprise. There are still 42 matches to go, and we can get Holloway back or find another one that can get the best out of this squad. We are not attractive to some, but I am confident there are quite a few managers out there that would see QPR as a good opportunity right now. When expectations are low, the downside is limited, and this is a good starting point for any managers.

In my mind, we also need to replace Les, as the McClaren appointment is unforgiving. However, this might be an advantage, as there will be more experienced candidates for the vacant manager position once the job description includes full responsibility for signings (admittedly we will only do loan signings the next ten months).
    Amit, please get down to work!

Every word buddy but I'm not to sure there will be too many candidates for S Mc job if left much longer

Comment

I get your optimism, there is a deep in house problem at QPR imo,
      1. DOF needs to go I agree
      2. Is Penrice doing anything
      3. McLaren is a has been imo (good coach probably manager no)
      4. Who let Manning go and kept Freeman Scowan Luongo is either stupid or down right drunk. If we had replacement lined up before he left then fair enough
      5. Can the club survive a relegation ? crowds will be 9000 are at best.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
        4. Who let Manning go and kept Freeman Scowan Luongo is either stupid or down right drunk. If we had replacement lined up before he left then fair enough
        Totally unfair to bring Penrice into this mate ! According D Mc S Mc didn't want to buy into the plan young lwr league players ,
        also there's no reason to suggest that Penrice hasn't been recommending players players but the club has hesitated too long or just not acted on
        No mate the problem is a blockage from above , and true ineptitude of the appointment of S Mc

Comment

The biggest issue is this is our worst team since before Flavio and co took over and with no January window to help us out. This position has been on the cards since Redknapp left as every season since we have finished bottom half of the table and weaker year on year.

Comment

Dogs were pointing finger at everyone else so questions also have to be asked of Penrice he’s the identifier but suggested players will end up at PSV

Comment

Just me westy , But I don't know or think he isn't recommending players , we were linked with several players over the transfer window and no action was taken , what info have we got Penrice was at all involved in the farce of the Sainsbury saga I would guess it would have been Luongo tipping the club about his contract was coming to an end , but all I know we signed some decent players over the last 18 months or so thats why I can't see him not bothering unless he's got plssed off recommending players and they take any action after all it's what he does for a living and it's time consuming

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                This and they are all on contracts which need to be paid up,we have no money,we have some money how wouild you spend it....
                on paying contracts up,not for me.

We are reaching the end of the road our backs are against the wall with very little room for manouvering.

Comment

Biggest problem is that we sold the best keeper outside of the Prem, who probably kept us in the Championship for the last 2 seasons single handed that's the big difference,Quality is hard to replace

Comment

Agree Dave. There were folk on here who thought Ingram and Lumley would be ok and just slot in. Look at Man Utd when Schmiechel left it took them 4 or 5 keepers including a World Cup winner to replace him when they signed Van der Sar. Not a position you can just assume will be replaced like for like

Comment

Working...
                    X