Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No from me and to be honest with you I think the bloke needs a break as losing his mum has clearly knocked the crap.out of him. He has finished the season well enough and should go with his head held high and with respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Sorry I didn't realise you had a crystal ball.

What a poor presumptuous post.
      So you want rid of IH but can't offer an opinion on who should replace him?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        I voted Yes.

Whilst I do (to some extent) feel that Ollie has earned the right to see his contract out, I just feel we need to be in safer hands with all these precocious young talents coming through.

Edit.......sorry I actually voted No. Got confused when commenting thinking the vote was Yes for sack, and No for keep.
        So what you saying in or out

Comment

I have gone for No, he has done better in recent weeks but still far too inconsistent for me, 4-1 Norwich to 0-4 Hull etc and he seems on the edge too, understandably with what has happened in recent weeks but think its time to move on still for me. I think CR could do a better job given a 2nd chance if we didn't want to risk a totally new appointment.
          Last edited by Kit; 30-04-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Haha tarbs had me there aswell westie, thought he had voted ollie in lol
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Get rid mate!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

So you want rid of IH but can't offer an opinion on who should replace him?
                You've raised that argument a few times mate, as has Pinkie. Just cos somebody hasn't got a shortlist of preferred options for the next manager, doesn't mean they aren't correct in saying it's a good time for a change.

Ain't the fans job to decide who next. You'd hope a professional football club has their own systems in place to decide who the right manager to bring in is when a manager isn't doing well enough.

Comment

You've raised that argument a few times mate, as has Pinkie. Just cos somebody hasn't got a shortlist of preferred options for the next manager, doesn't mean they aren't correct in saying it's a good time for a change.

Ain't the fans job to decide who next. You'd hope a professional football club has their own systems in place to decide who the right manager to bring in is when a manager isn't doing well enough.
                  Here lies the problem, look at recent history!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

Here lies the problem, look at recent history!
                    Well the last one is on Tony, Les and Lee Hoos both told him it wasn't a good idea. Les has to to take it on the chin for both Ramsey and JFH. That said, Hasselbaink didn't look a bad shout on paper. He had a good track record and was primed for a move to a Championship club.

Here's hoping lessons have been learned. As I said in an earlier thread, this one shouldn't be as complicated. With this pipeline of good young players, and the transfer market effectively being handled by Les and the scouts, what we really need is a talented Head Coach with experience working with young players.

Comment

I know you mentioned Wild Thing, but I think it's a bit of a cop out not to think who should come in instead. If you one is bad surely you have a view on who would be better. For starters I think GA might be too inexperienced, wouldn't be keen on Mick MacCarthy and woukd be happy trying Mark Warburton or giving Ramsey another go. Just opinions/ramblings....

Comment

Hmmm.

I think you're jumping the gun Pinks. Uncles latest pronouncements on Open All Rs don't sound like an endorsement to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I know you mentioned Wild Thing, but I think it's a bit of a cop out not to think who should come in instead. If you one is bad surely you have a view on who would be better. For starters I think GA might be too inexperienced, wouldn't be keen on Mick MacCarthy and woukd be happy trying Mark Warburton or giving Ramsey another go. Just opinions/ramblings....
                          Ok, well here is a list of realistic targets that I'd be good with.

Gareth Ainsworth
                          Derek McInnes
                          Paul Hurst
                          Mark Warburton
                          Darrell Clarke
                          Alex Neil

Comment

Well the last one is on Tony, Les and Lee Hoos both told him it wasn't a good idea. Les has to to take it on the chin for both Ramsey and JFH. That said, Hasselbaink didn't look a bad shout on paper. He had a good track record and was primed for a move to a Championship club.

Here's hoping lessons have been learned. As I said in an earlier thread, this one shouldn't be as complicated. With this pipeline of good young players, and the transfer market effectively being handled by Les and the scouts, what we really need is a talented Head Coach with experience working with young players.

This has Chris Ramsey written all over it. as good of a job as he does in his present role, please, let's not go there again!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Ok, well here is a list of realistic targets that I'd be good with.

Gareth Ainsworth
                              Derek McInnes
                              Paul Hurst
                              Mark Warburton
                              Darrell Clarke
                              Alex Neil
                              Some interesting names there, although I don't know much about them apart from basic Google searches. With Alex Neil doing well at PNE I doubt he would want to leave them.

A marmite name would Phil Brown who has managed at a higher level and has quite a few years managerial experience. Although I would guess this MB would go into meltdown if he was appointed.

Comment

not sorry to burst your bubble Pinkster.................
                                QPR owner Tony Fernandes refuses to rule out Ian Holloway departure
                                • ‘We’ll have to analyse and say at the end of the season’
                                • Owner also makes pledge on stadium in interview on fans’ podcast

Daniel Harris
                                @DanielHarris
                                Mon 30 Apr 2018 11.00 BSTLast modified on Mon 30 Apr 2018 13.58 BST Shares

92 Tony Fernandes poses for a selfie with QPR’s title-winning Ladies team in 2014.
                                Tony Fernandes poses for a selfie with QPR’s title-winning Ladies team in 2014. Photograph: Javier Garcia/BPI/Rex
                                Tony Fernandes, the founder of Air Asia and co-chairman of Queens Park Rangers, has graded himself C+ for his work at the club since taking over in August 2011. In a wide-ranging, hour-long interview with the Open All Rs podcast, he also explained why he is so optimistic for the future – though he was non-committal regarding the future of Ian Holloway.

“The manager has had his highs and has had his lows,” Fernandes said. “We’ll have to analyse and say at the end of the season: ‘Are we happy? Is he happy with us as shareholders? Is he happy with the squad? And then you make your decisions from there.”

more...............https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X