MATCH REPORT: BUZZ'S BACK; HILL SHOULD GO - New poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATCH REPORT: BUZZ'S BACK; HILL SHOULD GO - New poster

First time poster, long time reader here.

Just back from the game- rarely have I been so confused by one match. To use a proper cliche - A game of 2 halves.

1st half was absolute cack. One of the worst performances I've ever seen by a Rangers team: no pressure on the ball, long ball after long ball being sliced into the stands, no movement, absolutely no one closing down the ball. Their players had hours to pick out crosses to players who were more often that not unmarked in the area. Disgusting attitude.

Major talking points:

Quashie: This guy was brought into the team, apparently to be the leader we were missing???? He couldn't lead the lads to a chippe, about as inspirational as Jeremy Kyle. It was genuinely a disgraceful effort from the lad. Anonymous and clearly a bad influence on the team. I watched Faurlin trying to get the boys playing, shouting, trying to remind them that they're not bad players. Then I look over to Quashie literally doing the opposite. He's lambasting them, swearing at his own players. I saw him call Connolly (I think it was) a C U Next... Get rid of him now. If he's not even a decent influence on the team, what's the point having that journeyman anywhere near the squad. Don't think he touched the ball. His best moment: pushing Counago back to the floor.

Cookie: Kept us in the game first half. Wouldn't want to guess what the score would have been if he hadn't been playing. A captain's performance - inspiring by example- full of trickery, pace and desire. (The only player who didn't get all kinds of grief from the fans in the first half). Looks like we've got the old player back.

Bent: Hope he's sent back. Didn't last long but there's absolutely no point in having him around. I remember reading about him- disappointed by us signing a striker who doesn't score- but all the articles seemed to praise his work ethic and desire - that's like praising Christian Bale for his temperament. Wandered around the pitch until he pulled his hammy. Send him back.

Hogan: Tried in the first half, had one good run, but he's just not a big enough influence on games. A good sub but that's probably about it. We were better once he was taken off.

Faurlin: At least tried to get the team playing. A good influence. One magnificent pass.

The fans: I completely understand the frustration, the aggression BUT ... THE ABUSE ISN'T HELPING. A qpr player could hardly touch the ball without getting booed or sworn at in the first half. The players' confidence is gone. YES - some of 'em haven't been putting in the effort we'd expect. YES- the defending and energy levels were truly shocking first half. BUT that doesn't mean that none of them give a.... Most of them are simply low on confidence (they do have the talent as we saw in the second half). It's pretty basic psychology - fans abusing you isn't going to help you regain your form, it isn't going to make you want to play for the fans - let alone the team. I'm as frustrated as the next fan, but I implore all of you to get behind the team. They're good enough to get us out this mess - we just need them to get their confidence back. Unfortunately, I can't see that happening until the fans SUPPORT THEM. I had my housemate (an Ipswich fan) sat with me in R Block- he couldn't believe the abuse the lads were getting. Counter productive.

Second Half

We were a different team. With Akos and Adel on, a bit of flair came back to the Rangers, a little movement, some cohesion. If we'd started like that, we would have roasted them.

Talking points:

Mick- A lot of people will be getting on his back - the loans are awful but at least he had the guts to give the lads a rollocking and make changes early.

Buzz - Completely changed my opinion on him. Being dropped obviously did the trick. He was back and trying. Full of effort- won header after header, tracked back, seemed determined, a few slide tackles (or lunges anyway) - so much more than we've seen of him of late. He really seemed to be a leader again, marshaling the players around him. He was playing a little more centrally and it made a huge difference. He's not a gasman, not a winger. He touched the ball more times in his first few minutes than Quashie had in the entire first half. Instrumental in getting the team to play again. Him and Faurlin always looked for each other for the short ball rather than Faurlin having to resort to tapping it back to the centre backs to launch a long one like they did in the first half. SHOULD PLAY IN THE CENTRE. WELCOME BACK. A good influence today.

Adel - show pony... yes. But he made things happen. We need him. And even if he doesnt always pass at the right times, you can't say he wasn't trying. Please stop booing him. He's class.

Vine - he did try, but he's never gonna be the player he was. Poor overall. I'd say send him out on loan, but I'd rather have him on the bench than most of the loans.

Simpson - good game, always dangerous. He tried, ran his socks off and eventually made things happen. Should never have been dropped.

Hill - send him home. One of the worst players I've seen wear the hoops. The only positive I can fathom - is that he did a pretty good job in marking their players' shadows. GENUINELY AWFUL. Would throw himself forward for each header, over run it and then find that he was out of position. With the ball - he was more than capable of finding the linesman, ball boys and the boys in red. He refused to close down any space between himself and their players. Seemed to prefer staring at their pretty boots. BORROWDALE NEEDS TO COME BACK IN. A waste of space.

Kasp, Stewart and Connolly - all had pretty poor games. We hardly won a header in our own box. Couldnt clear anything in the first half. But much improved in the second. All outplayed by Delaney. Positive- they all had a go at Counago.

It really wasn't a bad second half performance. If we can play like that from the start, we shouldn't be in any danger. But if we don't get the players wanting to play for us- we'll keep playing like we did in the first half and the free fall will continue. The loans can all jog off - they're journeymen and they don't care. We'll try our young lads thanks. They're genuinely as good.

Cheers,

nice post mate....welcome to actually posting instead of just reading

Comment

welcome mate
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Agree totally about the atmosphere created by the fans in the 1st half.
        A man who has not made a mistake has made nothing

Comment

Thought the crowd in the 2nd half tried also to give them a lift, especially when we got at them straight from the off
          God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Welcome, very good first post and agree on most of what you say... just the Vine bit about having him on the bench, no way stick Balanta in there ahead of him.

Comment

Excellent first post

Would add with Hill

The ball goes out for a throw in, after ipswich player on the floor.

He couldn't even kick it back to their keeper, he skewed a dead ball !!
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Askew Ranger View Post
                First time poster, long time reader here.

Just back from the game- rarely have I been so confused by one match. To use a proper cliche - A game of 2 halves.

1st half was absolute cack. One of the worst performances I've ever seen by a Rangers team: no pressure on the ball, long ball after long ball being sliced into the stands, no movement, absolutely no one closing down the ball. Their players had hours to pick out crosses to players who were more often that not unmarked in the area. Disgusting attitude.

Major talking points:

Quashie: This guy was brought into the team, apparently to be the leader we were missing???? He couldn't lead the lads to a chippe, about as inspirational as Jeremy Kyle. It was genuinely a disgraceful effort from the lad. Anonymous and clearly a bad influence on the team. I watched Faurlin trying to get the boys playing, shouting, trying to remind them that they're not bad players. Then I look over to Quashie literally doing the opposite. He's lambasting them, swearing at his own players. I saw him call Connolly (I think it was) a C U Next... Get rid of him now. If he's not even a decent influence on the team, what's the point having that journeyman anywhere near the squad. Don't think he touched the ball. His best moment: pushing Counago back to the floor.

Cookie: Kept us in the game first half. Wouldn't want to guess what the score would have been if he hadn't been playing. A captain's performance - inspiring by example- full of trickery, pace and desire. (The only player who didn't get all kinds of grief from the fans in the first half). Looks like we've got the old player back.

Bent: Hope he's sent back. Didn't last long but there's absolutely no point in having him around. I remember reading about him- disappointed by us signing a striker who doesn't score- but all the articles seemed to praise his work ethic and desire - that's like praising Christian Bale for his temperament. Wandered around the pitch until he pulled his hammy. Send him back.

Hogan: Tried in the first half, had one good run, but he's just not a big enough influence on games. A good sub but that's probably about it. We were better once he was taken off.

Faurlin: At least tried to get the team playing. A good influence. One magnificent pass.

The fans: I completely understand the frustration, the aggression BUT ... THE ABUSE ISN'T HELPING. A qpr player could hardly touch the ball without getting booed or sworn at in the first half. The players' confidence is gone. YES - some of 'em haven't been putting in the effort we'd expect. YES- the defending and energy levels were truly shocking first half. BUT that doesn't mean that none of them give a.... Most of them are simply low on confidence (they do have the talent as we saw in the second half). It's pretty basic psychology - fans abusing you isn't going to help you regain your form, it isn't going to make you want to play for the fans - let alone the team. I'm as frustrated as the next fan, but I implore all of you to get behind the team. They're good enough to get us out this mess - we just need them to get their confidence back. Unfortunately, I can't see that happening until the fans SUPPORT THEM. I had my housemate (an Ipswich fan) sat with me in R Block- he couldn't believe the abuse the lads were getting. Counter productive.

Second Half

We were a different team. With Akos and Adel on, a bit of flair came back to the Rangers, a little movement, some cohesion. If we'd started like that, we would have roasted them.

Talking points:

Mick- A lot of people will be getting on his back - the loans are awful but at least he had the guts to give the lads a rollocking and make changes early.

Buzz - Completely changed my opinion on him. Being dropped obviously did the trick. He was back and trying. Full of effort- won header after header, tracked back, seemed determined, a few slide tackles (or lunges anyway) - so much more than we've seen of him of late. He really seemed to be a leader again, marshaling the players around him. He was playing a little more centrally and it made a huge difference. He's not a gasman, not a winger. He touched the ball more times in his first few minutes than Quashie had in the entire first half. Instrumental in getting the team to play again. Him and Faurlin always looked for each other for the short ball rather than Faurlin having to resort to tapping it back to the centre backs to launch a long one like they did in the first half. SHOULD PLAY IN THE CENTRE. WELCOME BACK. A good influence today.

Adel - show pony... yes. But he made things happen. We need him. And even if he doesnt always pass at the right times, you can't say he wasn't trying. Please stop booing him. He's class.

Vine - he did try, but he's never gonna be the player he was. Poor overall. I'd say send him out on loan, but I'd rather have him on the bench than most of the loans.

Simpson - good game, always dangerous. He tried, ran his socks off and eventually made things happen. Should never have been dropped.

Hill - send him home. One of the worst players I've seen wear the hoops. The only positive I can fathom - is that he did a pretty good job in marking their players' shadows. GENUINELY AWFUL. Would throw himself forward for each header, over run it and then find that he was out of position. With the ball - he was more than capable of finding the linesman, ball boys and the boys in red. He refused to close down any space between himself and their players. Seemed to prefer staring at their pretty boots. BORROWDALE NEEDS TO COME BACK IN. A waste of space.

Kasp, Stewart and Connolly - all had pretty poor games. We hardly won a header in our own box. Couldnt clear anything in the first half. But much improved in the second. All outplayed by Delaney. Positive- they all had a go at Counago.

It really wasn't a bad second half performance. If we can play like that from the start, we shouldn't be in any danger. But if we don't get the players wanting to play for us- we'll keep playing like we did in the first half and the free fall will continue. The loans can all jog off - they're journeymen and they don't care. We'll try our young lads thanks. They're genuinely as good.

Cheers,
                All bang on the money great first post

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  Excellent first post

Would add with Hill

The ball goes out for a throw in, after ipswich player on the floor.

He couldn't even kick it back to their keeper, he skewed a dead ball !!
                  Pete I spat my drink out over the guy in front because of that incident
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

"Thought the crowd in the 2nd half tried also to give them a lift, especially when we got at them straight from the off"

Yeah- I agree although it wouldnt have happened without half time. The players needed to get off the pitch to forget about the abuse and start afresh. Was glad there wasn't much booing at the final whistle

Comment

i got there about 10ish mins late due to cack #### traffic on the A40 at northolt but didnt see Marcus Bent... BUt the post said he played! did he go off injured??

also, thought the effort was much much improved in teh second half BUT it seems if we cant score once we have had 10 mins of possession we just give up again, did anyone else notice this??

Comment

Would agree with most of that.

Stewart had a better second half. Not impressed with Ikeme, thought he could have done better with the second.

Totally agree with your point on Hill. His lack of height makes him a target for long balls everytime. He can't defend and was puffing hard after five minutes. Bring back Borrowdale!

Comment

Ikeme, Quashie,Vine and Hill all need to be got rid of. Cant believe they are all starters in the first 11.

Comment

Excellent post mate.

Love the comments about prising Christian Bale's temperment and Jeremy Kyle's inspiration
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Agree with all of that mate, and welcome.
                              Particularly agree about Bent - BUT - those in the back of the Upper Loft that booed him even before kick off - you need to take a look at yourselves for that. Booed before his home debut and before you say you were proved right by his very early departure, no that is just not the way to go about it.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X