Wembley Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos Carvahal is the only pundit to see it right:

"Swansea manager Carlos Carvalhal, who guided Sheffield Wednesday to the 2016 Championship play-off final: "I think they are monuments and we can't sell them in my opinion. If you sell Wembley you can sell Big Ben and Buckingham Palace? We can't sell monuments, it is culture, and you can't sell culture."

Comment

I hope the FA are going to pay back any public money or grants that they received and not take out dividends and bonuses

Comment

Absolute Disgrace by the F.A. place steeped in history, Wembley is England & England is Wembley, also why should the F.A. benefit form all the public money invested into Wembley. I Believe around £100M was put in from the public purse,that should be taken back if they sell. it seems the F.A. are just being greedy, they say they'll invest half the money into grass roots football, well we all know that wont happen, the F.A have really lost sight of what they're about, other than making money

Comment

Apparently Khan has said that the semi-finals of the F A Cup will not be played at Wembley anymore.....

Best decision made in football for a long time !
          Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 27-04-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Carlos Carvahal is the only pundit to see it right:

"Swansea manager Carlos Carvalhal, who guided Sheffield Wednesday to the 2016 Championship play-off final: "I think they are monuments and we can't sell them in my opinion. If you sell Wembley you can sell Big Ben and Buckingham Palace? We can't sell monuments, it is culture, and you can't sell culture."
            That is a spot on quote hubs... just another step to forgetting/losing our identity
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Quite like the fact that England will play on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Apparently Khan has said that the semi-finals of the F A Cup will not be played at Wembley anymore.....

Best decision made in football for a long time !
                I was thinking the same thing the other day while watching the semi. A day out at Wembley should be for the finalists but hey ho, money talks in football yet again.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                  Anyone else put a bid in or can they?
                  I did but he outbid me.

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

thinking abut it this could be a blessing. No one would have built a stadium in its present site. Traffic nightmare. Relocate the national stadium to the midlands
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      thinking abut it this could be a blessing. No one would have built a stadium in its present site. Traffic nightmare. Relocate the national stadium to the midlands
                      Quite like the idea of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        Seems like pringle Khan wants Wembley for his American gridiron venture.

Of course England will still play there too.
                        Yes and probably end up paying a premium rent for the use.

It's the National stadium and is not something that should be sold. Shame on the FA for even considering the bid.

Comment

Got be honest and say don’t care. It’s only since it’s been built it’s the FAs before that was it not rented for matches??

Would mean fa cup and England games could go on road again

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Got be honest and say don’t care.
                            Have to agree...

Comment

What is unfair is Wembley ticket prices were exhorbitant, with part of the rationale being we need to pay off the build costs. My ticket for the play off was over £100. If the FA knew all along they were going to cash in in the short term then why not reflect this in pricing. FA appesr to have taken as much from the fans of a sport they are meant to govern and then sold up to make a quick buck. Doesn't appear visionary.

Comment

Working...
                              X