Just back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back

My first QPR game since Boxing Day and boy what a terrible performance in the first half. In fact I would probably say it's harder to think of a more gutless display than this evening's first half. Matt Hill at left back was dreadful, time and time again he was getting done. The defence as a whole just fell apart and to be honest it was good news to only find ourselves two goals down at the break! When Marcus Bent went off after a few minutes, Em was asking what was the matter and I guessed that he had picked up an injury due to the way he went straight down the tunnel. As I said to her, he's 30+, injury prone yet we took him on. Maybe we were supposed to sign Darren on loan instead? ;-)

The defending for the first goal was comical and after Town had scored there were some anti Biatore chants around us in the lower loft. Now I'm one of Biatore's harshest critics, but somehow even I couldn't blame him for the ineptness of our defence for that one.

The only ones to come out of any credit from that first half were Lee Cook and Jay Simpson, the rest just looked as though they were going through the motions

The second half and Harford couldn't have done much more to be honest. The attacking options were better with Tarabat, Simpson and Cook all out there and our goal was a nicely worked from a corner, involving those three. Poor Rowan Vine, he looks a shadow of the player he once was. Goodness knows what the problem there is. Anyway, at least in the second half we gave it more of a shot but sadly, judging by what I saw this evening, it's just not good enough, and I really fear we could well be dragged down into a relegation battle now folks

The good news is at least we scored a goal; Lee Cook is looking good (think he's not quite match fit though); I had a nice hot soup in the lower loft; and during the first half a little group of us started chanting on the pitch to warm us up.

At the end the only players that bothered to come over to the Loft were Lee Cook and Jay Simpson.

Night folks :tired:
Working...
X