Just back..... thank god

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back..... thank god

Not going into too much detail - but ive never been so pleased to get home from a game before.

I have to say, i was one who was positive about tonight. I thought that getting nearer the relegation zone would have woken some players up, and that the introduction of Bent and no Ramage, would be a plus. How wrong was I?

We were poor from the kick off. Ipswich kept the ball and played us off the park for the first 5 minutes or so. We couldnt get on the ball, and anytime that we did - it was given away needlessley. Each and every player looked nervous, and not interested and completely unaware of anything going on around them.

The amount of space and time that Ipswich had at times was nothing short of disgusting, and the first goal that went in came as no surprise. If it hadnt been for some decent goalkeeping and some poor finishing, we could have easily been at least 4 -0 down - and Ipswich would have been dissapointed with this.

I have seen some bad performances in my time - but i truly cannot recall seeing us play as bad as this in the whole time i have been going to watch us play. It was embarasing to watch - and even the Ipswich fans were singing sack the board!!

I was expecting at least 4 goals to go in to be honest, but luckily we came out fighting with some passion in the second half and deserveadly got a goal back. However, it was too late, and anotehr defeat means we are now 2 points short off the relgation zone.

Ratings - Ikeme - 7 - One of our better players, did ok to be fair, but some awful kicking at times

Hill - 4 - I had high hopes for him, but he was hopeless. I am not a massive fan of Borrowdale, but he is clearly better than Hill from what i have seen so far. He couldnt even kick the ball back to Ipswich when our player went down injured. Instead, sliced it into the stands

COnnolly - 6 - a better second half, but first half he was shocking

Stewart - 5 - a better second half, but terrible in the first half - his passing was embarassing

Gorkks - 4 - I was a big fan of Gorkks, but i think its time to give someone else a try - he looks shocking at the moment

Cook - 8 - gave his all, and once again looked a threat. Shame most of the other players didnt put in the same commitment

Quashie - 2 - I thought his commitment and passion would give us a boost in midfield - sadly he has made us far worse. A terrible display and rightly subbed at half time

Faurlin - 5 - People seem to rate him highly, but i dissagree. Hes not bad, and he has a lot of potential - and i know it must be difficult moving countires, and hes young etc. He is a good player, but for me, gives the ball away far too easily. The amount of little chips he plays over the defence drives me insane as 95% of these never go to our players. Keep the ball down, and you will be a great player

Hogan - 5 - hardly got the ball in the first half, and when did, didnt do anything usefull

Simpson - 8 - Great player, always gives his all and gets in good striking positions, and normally finishes them

Bent - Cant rate him, only on for about 5 mins!

subs - VIne - 4 - cant beleive this is the same Vine who was my favourite player. Where are you hiding?

Buzz - 6 - decent display when he came on, a vast improvement on Quashie

Taraabt - 8 - a class act when he came on and passed well when he needed to. A constant threat, and was a class above the rest really. Shame he didnt start

if we play like we did in the second half, we may standa chance of staying up. If not however, i cannot see how we can stay out the bottom three

Comment

good report

Comment

think I'll watch some champions league next tuesday instead of watford, we need to check up on the opposition

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
          think I'll watch some champions league next tuesday instead of watford, we need to check up on the opposition
          We're in that next season aren't we?

Comment

Pretty much spot on, as I saw it Dando.
            Likewise player comments.

If we'd got anything out of that game it would have been daylight robbery !

Comment

If you thought that was bad you should have been at Peterborough saturday.

Comment

1st half was worse than Peterborough. Our defence looked like they'd only just met for whole 45 mins. At least at Posh they occasionally looked familiar to each other.
                Of course Ipswich were MUCH better than Peterborough.

2nd half was much better than Posh. We only looked like scoring in the last 5 minutes Saturday !

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                  If you thought that was bad you should have been at Peterborough saturday.
                  it couldnt have possibly been as bad as the first half i saw yesterday. Apart from Cook, it was like having a whole team of Bob Malcome debutants

Comment

agree with the rating except perhaps Ikeme who i thought was utter pants.

Comment

lets not kid ourselves the reason we played better in the second was because they stop attacking and sat back,all looked a bit half hearted,can't see us winning another game with harford in charge the mans clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        agree with the rating except perhaps Ikeme who i thought was utter pants.
                        i thought his kicking was poor, but to be fair, he made a few good saves. It could have been far worse

Comment

Pretty much agree with that. A bit harsh on Buzz. I thought that was his best performance all season. Showed committment, challenged and won pretty much every header and you actually noticed him on the pitch the whole 2nd half, where as he normally hides.

As with your Connolly comments I agree but I was sooooooo phished off with him being played at RB. He cannot play there. He can't play outside the middle of the pitch. Was by far our best player at Peterborough (with Cookie 2nd - well those were the only two I knew out there!) and low and behold HARFORD moves him to RB! Typical of what he knows about football.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                            Pretty much agree with that. A bit harsh on Buzz. I thought that was his best performance all season. Showed committment, challenged and won pretty much every header and you actually noticed him on the pitch the whole 2nd half, where as he normally hides.

As with your Connolly comments I agree but I was sooooooo phished off with him being played at RB. He cannot play there. He can't play outside the middle of the pitch. Was by far our best player at Peterborough (with Cookie 2nd - well those were the only two I knew out there!) and low and behold HARFORD moves him to RB! Typical of what he knows about football.
                            Who else was he going to play at right back last night then? Stewart? Borrowdale? oh and also worth noting that Connelly played fairly well at right back last season and played that position for Arsenal reserves. He was as shakey as the rest of the defence and not helped by the bizarre performance and attitude of Quashie last night and Hogan not getting back quick enough. 2nd half like most of the players he was much much better, but he had Buzacky working his socks off and vine tracking back
                            Last edited by baz; 10-02-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X