X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When people boo the team/players, do they stop to think about whether

1) the player is carrying an injury but has been told to play

2) the player is not playing in his right position

3) the player is in his right position but is being cramped by another player's style

4) the player is strictly following team orders

5) the player is new to the team

6) the player is being prevented from playing by a far superior opposition player

7) the team is being tactically outplayed by the other team

8) the manager has no effective game plan

9) the team are affected by negative support

10) the team are currently affected by off the pitch carryons

Nah, I thought not ;D

Genuine fans who know there footy know when a player can be bothered or not Steve. If a player is having a bad time of but shows grit and determiation most genuine fans will back him, but when a player who everyone knows is on a tidy bit of bunce strolls around the pitch like he couldnt care less well then i think the paying punter is entitled to vent their frustration. Dont you?

Comment

do the players worry i have paid near £600 for this crap?
      does he worry i got grief from stewards,police etc

cmon...stop feeling sorry for richly paid players...
      they need to do their job, on the pitch and stop sulking.

Comment

Never done it, can't do it, but I have booed managers/owners, but then even with managers, you don't always know the real story about why certain players are playing, and others are not. so I could have been wrong sometimes.

We did have a period where it seemed that all the flav imports had to be seen to be playing, parecho, ledesma etc, but that the manager got the blame for it.

But there are occasions when most of us see players being booed that don't deserve it, because the booers are *****s.

Comment

I don't boo players full stop,don't think it actually achieves anything,but i do have a shout at them.

I don't mind players like Ramage,who even though he is not the greatest player,does try and does seem to care about the fans as well.Always applauds the fans away.

I can understand people booing players like Priskin,who just looks bone idle and don't even make an effort.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
            I can understand people booing players like Priskin,who just looks bone idle and don't even make an effort.
            See rule 5)

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
              See rule 5)
              Just because he is new is no excuse for that lazy performance he gave on saturday.He did not seem to give a toss at all.

Comment

did he get paid??

Comment

dont boo because it must have a detrimental effect on players on the pitch......i boo on the inside

Comment

Do the booers get booed when they are at work, is this why they do it?

Comment

Its funny how many people come on here and say they never boo players.

Comment

Originally posted by hemelhoop View Post
                        I can honestly put my hand on heart and say i don't boo them.

Comment

Originally posted by hemelhoop View Post
                          I dont boo the players, i have started to boo the board but only recently.

So i guess i am a board booer...

I once booed the players after losing 4-1 at Wycombe Wanderers as i thought none of them put any effort in at all. That was a one off although I can understand why fans boo players for simply not trying.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                            Just because he is new is no excuse for that lazy performance he gave on saturday.He did not seem to give a toss at all.
                            People will always value a headless who runs till he drops without thought above a player who might be trying to think their way through a game.

The more a player has to think about where he should be and what he should be doing etc etc the worse they are going to play and the less they are going to run about.

Did not see the game saturday but I've seen Priskin play us off the park on more than one occasion against us so perhaps just perhaps we might want to give the guy some time to settle

Comment

Never boo players but I tend to sit in silence and mumble a few comments between me and my mates.

Also remember Wilkins playing? He didn't have to run but he made the difference.
                              If you know what you're looking for you can tell someone who shouldn't be in the team.
                              Probably the managers fault for pushing them out there when either their body or mind is not right for the job in hand.
                              The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                              :grimace:

Comment

Working...
                              X