Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things Gone DownHill Since Magilton Left

Simples..

he lambasted Gorkss and Buzsacky for lack of effort and have to say, recent results vinidcate his response to the players.

Why do we think, the players stopped putting the effort for him?

It seems evident player power won the day.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

they stopped beacuse he publicly criticised players.IMO i dont think he should of done that and i agree with you that there is to much player power at this club and far to many of them thinkg they are bigger than the club which shouldnt be the case.
    althought they have got there way in getting managers the sack they still seem to putting in little effort.
    "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Since Day 1 of the takeover it's been about the players and not the manager.

Comment

The players actually thought they were better then they were and didn't like hearing a few home truths

I think if Magilton stayed we would be around 10th the football was excellent for a month or so but I believe we were playing above ourselves at the time
        We Are The People.....

Comment

The players have a swagger and a arrogance, who felt they could just turn up on the day and perform. When it went agasinst them, Magilton would say he would knock it out of them, TOO BLOODY RIGHT!!. Trouble is I can see the players going to Flavio and GP and making them feel sorry for the players. Big mistake, should have stuck by the manager and left it behind closed doors
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

A combination of players who have no direction, unity or respect for the club... and managers who shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

Mainly because they have/had nothing on their CV that suggests they are capable of gaining the respect from Day One. (apart from Dowie, who had previously achieved what we were looking to do)

And it wont change, unless we appoint, and trust a proper winner as manager, with a record to back his big words up.
            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

The season lasts from August til May not just the 4 weeks in October.We all knew Magilton was a poor appointment from day one.Dont be fooled into thinking he was anything else due to one good month.
              Last edited by EYR; 09-02-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

it was just a nasty combination of both sides of the coin in my view. on one hand the players are pampered and fragile, and magilton demanded high standards. on the other, the players (any players, or workforce) deserve a little basic respect, and magilton was a needling little napoleon who couldn't seem to relate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                  The players actually thought they were better then they were and didn't like hearing a few home truths

I think if Magilton stayed we would be around 10th the football was excellent for a month or so but I believe we were playing above ourselves at the time
                  To be fair, the way they performed during that purple patch suggests they had the quality to be really good. Mind you, under Sousa at Derby and Blackpool last season they gave a similar impression.

On the other hand, under Magilton they also demonstrated a complete inability to perform - which can be said also of under Sousa (and Dowie and every other blooming manager in the whole wide world)

The crux of it all is an absolute lack of togetherness - whether between the fans/players, the players/manager, the manager/board or any other manner.

This, I feel is down to the haves and have nots mentality of Briatore who, along with Comical Ali laid out a blueprint for the future of our Club within 5 minutes of taking the helm.

Cracks appear, can be papered over but cannot be hidden forever.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I have heard several stories about JM, from both QPR and Ipswich. Problem with him was when it was going well all was ok but he did not know how to change things and then got frustrated and lost it with players. As you say the football in October was great but when it got sussed he didn't have the man management to change things. His actions at Watford meant he had to go and half our problem is we are now trying to make about 8 players intigrate into a team in mid season.
                    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      Simples..

he lambasted Gorkss and Buzsacky for lack of effort and have to say, recent results vinidcate his response to the players.

Pete, it has gone down hill sine Dowie was sacked for not playing the three Amigo's and Mahon was punished for telling the press that his team was different to the team Dowie read out 10 minutes previous. Yes there has been good bits, but we are now in a far worse position than when the saviours arrived, on and off the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                        Since Day 1 of the takeover it's been about the players and not the manager.
                        That is because FB undermines the manager and they know they wont be there that long.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          That is because FB undermines the manager and they know they wont be there that long.
                          it isnt gonna change until flav goes aswell.
                          "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            Simples..

Because he clearly picked on and blamed individuals come what may rather than dealing with the real issues.

The truth of the matter is it fell apart after leicester, when we were left exposed how to play against us.

Also Magilton and Gorman managed to decimate what was one of the leagues strongest defences, with constant changes and poor man management. In addition our fitness levels are dire and again that comes down to the pre season and training regime employed by Magilton and Gorman.

So to answer your original question no, it was going rapidly downhill long before they left, and it was not very good when they started either

Comment

I admit i was not overley impressed when Magilton got the job,but we started playing exciting football and won me over to his style of football.

The players have shown they are capable of so much more than they have been giving since Magilrton went.They are responsible more than anyone for the position we find ourselves in now.No matter who is in charge,it won't make a difference until the players start giving a toss.

IMO Buzz should have gone and Magilton stayed.You cannot let players think they are bigger than the manager or club.If i had that attitude at work i would have been sacked by now.

Comment

Working...
                              X