Anyone else notice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else notice ?

.....our ex top scorer bag a brace Saturday & go ahead of our current top scorer, who ironically/surprisingly/deservedly* , we dropped to the bench !

* delete as applicable or add you own.

Don't worry, he was actually dropped for the SQUAD for one game, as he felt Blackstock was not on form and placed him on subs bench for a couple.

I keep getting told he didn't have a striker, well he didn't play him near the end.

WHY did he drop Blackstock from the squad completely?

No-one has answered that.

(ps by the way Helgusson another player s.lagged off, keeps scoring for Watford)
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Very defensive Pete ?

My point was Blackstock, much like Simpson now, was probably the best we had available at the time.
      I guess new contract offered then ripped up by FB (allegedly) didn't help.

I take your point about Helguson, but then again he was never our leading goal scorer and to be fair, rarely looking like being so.

I think Watford's style suits HH better than ours did.
      Mind you I get confused as to what our style actually is these days !

Simpson, Left wing - Leigertwood, Right wing ?
      Square pegs, round holes.

Comment

Blackstocks a decent young forward who is doing well at Forest I think he will score 15-20 goals this year.

No idea why we sold him for relative peanuts.

No idea why some of our fans never rated the lad, fast a decent finisher who was proven in the CCC.

Terrible piece of business by the club, shocking.
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Agree 100% with funky

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
            Blackstocks a decent young forward who is doing well at Forest I think he will score 15-20 goals this year.

No idea why we sold him for relative peanuts.

No idea why some of our fans never rated the lad, fast a decent finisher who was proven in the CCC.

Terrible piece of business by the club, shocking.
            Well said mate

Comment

Umm....can I be frank here.......?

Much as the Sousa exit was disgusting and portrayed this club in the ultimate narcissic, back stabbing light in all it's glory.....

I didn't think Blackstock was a great, even good, player and wasn't sorry to see him leave. Having looked at his performances so far this season for Forest, I don't think he would have added ANYTHING to this side that Simpson doesn't. It's the players around him making the difference.

IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                Umm....can I be frank here.......?

Much as the Sousa exit was disgusting and portrayed this club in the ultimate narcissic, back stabbing light in all it's glory.....

I didn't think Blackstock was a great, even good, player and wasn't sorry to see him leave. Having looked at his performances so far this season for Forest, I don't think he would have added ANYTHING to this side that Simpson doesn't. It's the players around him making the difference.

IMO.
                Even if that is the case, isnt there an issue with us selling a young player we owned for relatively little and are now relying on a loan to score the equivalent amount of goals?

The way things are going, its unlikely we'll be parting with the million or two at the end of the season to sign Simpson and thats when we'll really miss Dex.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                  Even if that is the case, isnt there an issue with us selling a young player we owned for relatively little and are now relying on a loan to score the equivalent amount of goals?

The way things are going, its unlikely we'll be parting with the million or two at the end of the season to sign Simpson and thats when we'll really miss Dex.
                  We got a decent amount for him (£750k plus later add ons IIRC) -

Of course, replacing with loans etc is very very wrong, bad for the club and incredibly short sighted....

But Blackstock as a player? Nah, not my cup of tea at all.

Comment

Working...
                  X