X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accountability

You are an under performing player = you get dropped/transferred

You are an under performing manager = you get sacked

You are an under performing Director of Football (with one of the bigger budgets in the Division) = What happens?

With our playing budget we should, at the very least, be in the play offs. Gianni seems to be Teflon-man!

Ian

"You are an under performing Director of Football (with one of the bigger budgets in the Division) = What happens?"

You get a £140K interest free loan of hard earned season ticket holders money.
    "Originally Posted by qblockpete
    QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
    Swansea will finish in bottom 6
    Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

A couple of questions

What budget did he have in January?

What budget was he given start of season?

Writtler, not sure how the payment worked, but was not at the start of the takeover?

I will get accused of defending, but its just a couple of simple questions, to justify what you are both saying.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete-please tell us the answers to those questions.

Comment

Why the hell is he given the budget anyway is more of a question?

Comment

His role is to be responsible for all football matters, appointing and sacking managers, signing and selling players.

I would honest give him 0 out 10 in all three categories.

Managers have been hired and fired over the smallest things, our player recruitment has been atrocious, we have sold our most dangerous player and replaced him with a couple of useless loan signings who most probably didn't want to come.

How on earth has he kept his job? If footballing matters are not his responsibility then what the hell does he do? I reckon he has something on Briatore or he is in on the scam that is likely to be going on behind closed doors.
            :drunk:

Comment

When you sell Routledge and get in a couple of loans, strong indication no budget on players was given. Flavio holds the purse strings.

Start of the season, loans in Tarrabt and Simpson indicate no budget either. I don't believe the claims of 3.5 million for faurlin either, if thats the case why not spend millions on players we did know? Pellicori well, he was just a lump of lard who didn't cost anything (by memory)

Not sure about the settlement at the start of the takeover, but when you are chairman of a club its not unusual to get some kind of payment. many leave with millions when a new owner comes in.

End of the day, this is not a defence just what I believe. If someone can argue that the above is not correct, than I am all ears and happy to discuss it.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

More questions than answers,again.

Who said that Faurlin cost 3.5 mill?

Who brought in Pellicori?

Who negotiates transfer fees and contracts?

Comment

me thinks the official site said Faurlin deal was worth 3.5 million??

As for Pellicori it was a scout that noticed him in Italy and then Magilton, Gorman and GP saw him play (by all accounts), funny enough in Serie B he had a good goalscoring record. We could single him out, but he played 80 minutes whilst he was here not 80 games!!

Would have seen Simpson as a replacement to Blackstock, trouble is so many players have under performed and we have been missing Mahon and Rowlands big time.

Comment

seems funny that most players we sign have the same agent

Comment

Thats a myth.

Forest have more

Base are a franchise not an agent and have the highest number of professionals on their books more than any other company connected to football league players.

Its always mistaken for a defence all this, but they are the facts.

Comment

why do you keep trying to defend him
                        the man is a cancer in our club
                        we have had proper football managers with far less to spend and had much more success
                        as for agents may i suggest you do your home work qpr only deal with one person at base

Comment

Look, if I am providing facts, don't misuse them for defending someone. Thats what they are facts

if you want me to talk about the attitude of players or lack of it, fine I'm with you and where we are in the league is not good enough. If I hear comments of brown envelopes, 30k for players, using solely Base Soccer for transfers and its not true, thats not a defence just the way it is.

One person at Base, who is it??

Comment

The only facts that matters are that Gianni is in charge of all things football. The football is appalling at the moment.

Too many managers, no coherent strategy with regards to transfers, no fight from the players.

I know you are only stating facts, Pete. This is not a go at you - we all want to watch a QPR side with flair and passion - but with Gianni in control - I sadly don't think it's gonna happen. He has had a long time to get it right - but this is as low as I've been supporting Rangers.

Ian

Comment

No problems with that very fair comment.

its just certain stuff that I just ask questions about, as many just make things up.

Your right this season has proved things need to change. Gianni should retire end of season for his own good and let someone else take the brunt of fans anger when things don't go well.

It needs changing from top to bottom.

I just hope we survive relegation

Comment

Working...
                              X