No announcement yet.

Kevin Phillips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

said begining of last season should of done everything we could to sign him, but what did we do waste big money on donkeys and cloggers pathetic state of affairs
    Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Always liked him and always wanted him. EXACTLY the player we need. Holds the ball up well too - remember him holding off our CBs back then

Comment

One of the most natural goalscorers to grace English football in recent years.

As for some our fans saying he was too old, why am i not surprised ?

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          When we were linked a couple of weeks ago, can you believe some fans said he was too old and Birmingham's 5th choice striker and not good enough for QPR.

Guess because of the board our expectations have risen too much.
          Personally I would still say that.

Yes expectations have risen, as have prices to pay for the expected improvements, as promised/told by FB & Co.

I would not see a 36 year old striker as a move to the future building of the club. Nor would I half a team of loans.

It all spells to me as cheap a way to a profit as possible.

As a player coach maybe. A good back-up for a long list of injuries but not more.

Just my opinion!
          Last edited by Neo; 08-02-2010, 09:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
          The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
          :grimace:

Comment

Kevin Phillips is still a top top striker. His movement is exceptional and the boy knows where the back of the net is. I am not worried about the future given players never seem to stay any longer than two years at a club these days. I just want someone that bangs in the goals and Kevin Phillips does that.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
              I am not worried about the future given players never seem to stay any longer than two years at a club these days.
              Well, I have to admit, that's a fair shout.

Comment

Plus, even tho he wudnt b a long term signin, we cud use him to escape relegation! dunno where the goals are gonna come from atm

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
                  Well, I have to admit, that's a fair shout.
                  Its unfortunate that is the case mind, but there is no more loyalty in the game anymore.

Football is pretty much destroyed for all clubs below the Premiership and it comes down to clubs not being able to agree salary caps.

That is why they are going out of business nearly every day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRrollingstone View Post
                    Linked with him a year ago nd loads said he woz too old then....just scored 2 for Birmingham off the bench...id hav him in the team now...
                    Me too, a natural goalscorer who's done the business with whoever was fortunate enough to sign him.
                    And we have Marcus bleedin' Bent. :cry:

Comment

We need another striker thats for sure.

Comment

I think I'd rather have a 40 year old Phillips than Bent :D

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                          Its unfortunate that is the case mind, but there is no more loyalty in the game anymore.

Football is pretty much destroyed for all clubs below the Premiership and it comes down to clubs not being able to agree salary caps.

That is why they are going out of business nearly every day of the week.
                          Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                          X