Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could QPR Ever Pay Players 30-40 Grand A Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could QPR Ever Pay Players 30-40 Grand A Week?

The players that went up to the championship were at a guess on 3-6 grand a week. No question they played for shirt and played above expectations

Recent players are probably on 8-12 grand a week plus bonuses, but have not heart or passion

Today Mido declared he was on 48 grand a week at Middlesborough.

Okay, they have parchute payments and WBA, Newcastle and Boro, but to have the calibre of players to go up, would our wage bill would have to increase even more.??

Crystal Palace probably don't have the highest wage bill in this league but they have a united team in the face of adversity, with fans and players pulling together.

What is the best option?

Going into administration, uniting all the fans, getting in less talented players but potentially uniting everyone, keeping the genuine players who are here for the club and not financial rewards. Install a manager, who may not be a big name but let him get on with it

or

Throw more money at it, new system in place manager who who is solely responsible, but who may need a bigger budget to get in the players he wants in terms of wages and signing on fees. With more chance of getting promotion?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

No, its well above our means even if we were in the premiership.

Comment

no need to...mido is at west ham on £1k a week.

Comment

See, I've made this point before, but I think players salaries should be quoted per annum.
        If that figure is correct,Mido is on £2,500,000 per annum. Prime Minister £130,000 p.a.
        Mido ffs. Not exactly a Ronaldo is he?
        Mind you neither is Gordon Broon lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
          See, I've made this point before, but I think players salaries should be quoted per annum.
          If that figure is correct,Mido is on £2,500,000 per annum. Prime Minister £130,000 p.a.
          Mido ffs. Not exactly a Ronaldo is he?
          Mind you neither is Gordon Broon lol
          Yes, it's a little like when petrol prices started looking a bit steep when quoted per gallon, so were redenominated in litres instead.

I'd imagine unleaded is now pretty close to £2,500,000 per gallon too.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            The players that went up to the championship were at a guess on 3-6 grand a week. No question they played for shirt and played above expectations

Recent players are probably on 8-12 grand a week plus bonuses, but have not heart or passion

Today Mido declared he was on 48 grand a week at Middlesborough.

Okay, they have parchute payments and WBA, Newcastle and Boro, but to have the calibre of players to go up, would our wage bill would have to increase even more.??

Crystal Palace probably don't have the highest wage bill in this league but they have a united team in the face of adversity, with fans and players pulling together.

What is the best option?

Going into administration, uniting all the fans, getting in less talented players but potentially uniting everyone, keeping the genuine players who are here for the club and not financial rewards. Install a manager, who may not be a big name but let him get on with it

or

Throw more money at it, new system in place manager who who is solely responsible, but who may need a bigger budget to get in the players he wants in terms of wages and signing on fees. With more chance of getting promotion?

Money doesn't matter when you have the richest owners in the world. It really doesn't, look at Man City? They have ambitious owners that want City to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. Our owners want to try and sneak up spending little money as possible. Some of our dealings in the transfer market have been totally ludicrous, look at our January signings, all a total waste of space, on top of that we have lost our most dangerous player and a solid squad defender. Madness

The root cause of the state of this club sits squarely on the shoulders of one man. Flavio Briatore.
            :drunk:

Comment

Could we? Yes
              Will we? No chance

Comment

How about having some scouts who go to games in the lower leagues. We buy players cheap on cheap contracts who have the desire to make it at a bigger club. Buying premiership has beens and cast offs is too expensive and it's been shown the majority are only here for the money.

If they flop you haven't lost much. If they do well you can sell them on at a larger profit. It's not difficult..

Comment

When this lot came here, they said they'd do it cheap and in 'right way'. I thought that would mean re-establishing Youth Academy Status and puttingf a decent scouting network in place. Little did I know what they meant was fleece the club by signing loan player after loan player giving Agents (and those that know Agents) an opportunity to make money.

Nor did I guess that it meant signing crap on big wages and long contracts that cripple us when the poorest member of our board, responsible for the club's failure decides to give up.

No word is strong enough for the utter contempt I feel for Messrs Briatore and Paladini and what always irks me most is that, like Chris F-in Wright, they will walk away from this largely unscathed (or probably better off) and the rest of us face up to either losing QPR or at least suffering week in week out with a devalued product.

All you who called for us to hail Gianni and Flabio as they saved our club should take a long, long hard look at yourselves and ask whether you think you were truly impartial when you spouted that clap trap.

Comment

er i left school years back but
                    52 x 1,000 = 52,000
                    not 2 and a 1/2 million???

Comment

Working...
                    X