• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Jimmy

Something was being built

It was built for him.

He was one point off the play offs in February??

Why did he need to build anything?
    Probably because he knew in his heart of hearts that our fit and available playing staff weren't good enough as a unit to maintain that position and turn it into promotion. Your responses Pete are typical of a modern day fan, a fan who wants success immediatley but fails to see the bigger picture.
    Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
      Sorry Jimmy but I couldn't bear to watch the boring football under Sousa. Given a few seasons he may well have got Rangers promoted. Who knows? Given time, Dowie and Magilton could've got us up too.

Under Sousa, we were so negative and unattractive to watch. How many goal less draws were there? Yes we had a great defensive record, but what of our attacking prowess? I go to football to be entertained. If I supported Arsenal, I'd have hated to watch George Graham's succesful sides winning the way they did week in, week out. And yes, I am aware they won alot of silverware playing that way.

Football under Sousa was hard to watch. One up front at home just doesn't do it for me. That's my honest opinion.

Is football about winning first and entertainment second or has that changed?

Comment

Bob, I think its a valid point and sincerely put.

I think he had something about him and was lying some solid foundations.

That was my point about the away game at Swansea. They were us, 1 up front etc, but now they are more then that and a potent force defending and now attacking.
        Last edited by Jimmy; 07-02-2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
          Is football about winning first and entertainment second or has that changed?

For me, as a QPR supporter who grew up watching the flowing play of the great mid seventies team, football is about beautIful passing and moving. About being entertained. I want to come away from a match having seen some magic or beauty. What is remembered more - the scoreline vs Barnsley in the FA Cup third round match, or Trevor Sinclair's wonder goal? What was more important to the fans in attendance at that game? I bet the Barnsley fans look back fondly on their defeat that day because they witnessed a moment of utter brilliance.

Football is about memories for me, and walking away from a match feeling satisfied and entertained.

I want us to win but not at any cost.

Comment

I want to see fine football too and Sextons team were testimony to that.

He had something Sousa, thats all.

A bit like TV who played that offside trap but when we went forward we were quite brilliant at times.

Anyone who was at Wolves away when we one 4-0 would hopefully testify. All one touch football just like Sextons team.

Comment

For me, as a QPR supporter who grew up watching the flowing play of the great mid seventies team, football is about beautIful passing and moving. About being entertained. I want to come away from a match having seen some magic or beauty. What is remembered more - the scoreline vs Barnsley in the FA Cup third round match, or Trevor Sinclair's wonder goal? What was more important to the fans in attendance at that game? I bet the Barnsley fans look back fondly on their defeat that day because they witnessed a moment of utter brilliance.

Football is about memories for me, and walking away from a match feeling satisfied and entertained.

I want us to win but not at any cost.

You are going to be sorely disappointed for quite some time then because if you look at history the facts state who wins and not who played pretty. Football clubs are about winning and hopefully silverware and if as a by-product of winning you can play some nice stuff, great, but win first.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                You are going to be sorely disappointed for quite some time then because if you look at history the facts state who wins and not who played pretty. Football clubs are about winning and hopefully silverware and if as a by-product of winning you can play some nice stuff, great, but win first.

Lol. What else do we expect as Rangers fans!!!?

I don't think many of us support the R's because we are winners! Like you mate, I've grown up over the years watching sh-ite and being used to watching drivel. I think that's why like alot of other Rangers fans I know, we appreciate the odd fleecing bit of magic or a mini cup run. Those 'highlights' like getting to the fourth round of the league cup are our achievements of success - our pieces of silverware I suppose? Maybe that's why playing attractively now and again rather than winning at all costs is my preference. Its what i've only ever known!

Comment

Sorry Jimmy but I couldn't bear to watch the boring football under Sousa. Given a few seasons he may well have got Rangers promoted. Who knows? Given time, Dowie and Magilton could've got us up too.

Under Sousa, we were so negative and unattractive to watch. How many goal less draws were there? Yes we had a great defensive record, but what of our attacking prowess? I go to football to be entertained. If I supported Arsenal, I'd have hated to watch George Graham's succesful sides winning the way they did week in, week out. And yes, I am aware they won alot of silverware playing that way.

Football under Sousa was hard to watch. One up front at home just doesn't do it for me. That's my honest opinion.
                  so you will enjoy watching us in league 1 nxt season then bob? would take sousa's tactics anyday over the clueless lump we have at the moment & we would certainly not be heading in 2 the bootm 3 if sousa was still in charge,but he should of known not to cross the qpr mafia.

Comment

I expected PS to be left alone to do what he wanted and over a longer period of time I believe we would have seen progress, but a certain man and message board decided he had to go.

I would rather watch dross and win 1 - 0 and get promoted - or stay up!

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                      so you will enjoy watching us in league 1 nxt season then bob? would take sousa's tactics anyday over the clueless lump we have at the moment & we would certainly not be heading in 2 the bootm 3 if sousa was still in charge,but he should of known not to cross the qpr mafia.
                      NorfolkRanger, I would watch QPR in any division. If the football that was played was entertaining, then yes, I'd enjoy watching it no matter what the division was.

I attended when we were in the third tier and saw some cracking goals and games. Its not all about the Premier League for me. Of course, I'd love us to be in the Champions League playing attractive football but ultimately I'm just a supporter of an unfashionable club that has tradition of playing football the 'correct' way.

Comment

Fraid I don't agree...... PS tried to fit round pegs into square holes.... as I've said before, he tinkered far too much, dramatically changed winning teams, undermined Dex, 'till he lost confidence, and stuck rigidly to a formation that his players were not good enough for!

Give any competent / average manager Man United or Chelski (look at Avram Grant!!!) and they'll be alble to play good football...... But please don't make out that PS was some sort of Messia, because he wasn't, and IMHO made a large number of big mistakes with our squad.

OK we didn't leak goals, but we also counld not muster one single shot on goal in a second half, playing away against a team that didnt have a goalie.... so please don't make out his brilliance... because he wasn't

Comment

Working...
                        X