why are players crap for us but brilliant for someone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are players crap for us but brilliant for someone else

Blackstock....lazy and useless for us,but scoring for fun helping forest towards automatic promotion,Camp...calamity camp with us,yet also brilliant with Forest,Helguson couldnt hit the barn door with us but scoring regularly with Watford,Routledge....did nothing for us in the past 6-7 games yet man of the match with the best team in the league and finally Hall....beyond crap for us,yet plays well for .again the best team in the league.WHAT IS IT ABOUT QPR that we cant get the best out of our players,i dont understand:confused::confused::confused:

be fair...Routledge has been off form for last few games for us i grant you but overall he was our best player by far and our most valuable asset. Most dangerous attacking player we have had at the club in many a year...

Comment

top thread,hits the nail on the head

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
        Why are players crap for us, but brilliant for someone else?

You want the answer to that? especially regarding Blackstock?
        Well, it was in the Nottingham Forest match programme, just a couple of weeks back:

Q: "Dexter, do you feel as though your own game has improved over the last six months??"

His reply?? "Definitely, working with the manager has helped enormously. People forget that I had just turned 20 when I went to QPR and had a big part to play in keeping them up. So much went on at QPR behind the scenes, with so many managerial changes that there were times when I wasn't necessarily improving as a player. It's very difficult to do so when there's so much instability. It's different here at Forest and I know my game has improved working with the gaffer and his coaching staff. It was always going to happen because I'm maturing and playing more games... but the gaffer has helped it along".

There's your answer.

Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

I throw this in...................Do we support our player as well as we should. Is it us?

Other than Routledge all the player mentioned have had a slagging off from us at some point.

Ask yourself this ...If you were having a bad time of it would you want to play in front of us..................................No me neither

Just asking the question.
          Last edited by Mr M; 06-02-2010, 03:22 AM.
          A man who has not made a mistake has made nothing

Comment

I would not want to play in front of our fans full stop.The posts slagging off Bent and Priskin before even kicking a ball show why.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M View Post
              I throw this in...................Do we support our player as well as we should. Is it us?

Other than Routledge all the player mentioned have had a slagging off from us at some point.

Ask yourself this ...If you were having a bad time of it would you want to play in front of us..................................No me neither

Just asking the question.
              Ask Paul Furlong, Gareth Ainsworth, Chris Day, Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis, Peter Crouch, Lee Cook, Marc Bircham and 1001 other ex-QPR players what they think of the fans of QPR?

I'm not talking about poxy messageboard/keyboard stuff. They'll tell you that we are good fans, fans that get behind our shirt, love this club... and recognise good football, and know when things are "right or wrong".

Things are wrong right now, and that is not our doing - but I'll tell you this, we will travel in numbers and show support tomorrow at Peterborough, and the current owner of this football club will NEVER feel the way about QPR that those 3,000ish who WILL travel up the A1 feel about our club.
              Some might have a funny way of showing they care lately, but they do care. We all do.
              We are not to blame for this cr@p, I'm not having that.

Not ranting at your question, and I know you were only asking, but I 100% believe that we deserve better.
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

ummm, dex was top scorer for 2 seasons..and is called lazy??
                he has to bethere to score...some arsenal said the same of henry!

Comment

also i blame the fans

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                    You want the answer to that? especially regarding Blackstock?
                    Well, it was in the Nottingham Forest match programme, just a couple of weeks back:

Q: "Dexter, do you feel as though your own game has improved over the last six months??"

His reply?? "Definitely, working with the manager has helped enormously. People forget that I had just turned 20 when I went to QPR and had a big part to play in keeping them up. So much went on at QPR behind the scenes, with so many managerial changes that there were times when I wasn't necessarily improving as a player. It's very difficult to do so when there's so much instability. It's different here at Forest and I know my game has improved working with the gaffer and his coaching staff. It was always going to happen because I'm maturing and playing more games... but the gaffer has helped it along".

There's your answer.

I wish Flavio would read that statement!

Comment

This seems to be more of a reason thing, back in the 70/80/90's it was mainly the other way round, a few examples of players that were better or maintained their form for us

Don Givens, Stan Bowles, Dave Thomas, Dave Webb, Frank Mclintock, Don Masson, Glenn Roeder, Tony Currie, Terry Fenwick, Peter Reid, Kenny Sanson, Sammy Lee, Gary Bannister, Simon Stainrod, Clive Wilson, Trevor Sinclair and Ray Wilkins.

All bought from other clubs, and played brillantly for us, and there are probably many other examples too.

One exception, Mark Hateley, useless, absolutely useless, but there are probably many as bad as him as well.
                      Last edited by cross it Dave; 06-02-2010, 08:38 AM.
                      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I think there's probably a multitude of reasons.

1. They're not all doing better elsewhere - Blackstock was very good for us too. This 'victim' perception that players go elsewhere and do better is sometimes a myth. Camp did well for us, but was dropped for no footballing reason.

2. The merry-go-round behind the scenes does not help. Players are humans and are affected by things however much they get paid.

3. Our fans at LR since the takeover have had expectations put upon them which were false promises. The fans have reacted awfully and now slate players who aren't as good as Rooney. It massively affects players. Massively. Those fans who slate and boo need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror, look past the Burberry and consider the effect of their actions lol

4. Sometimes these things just happen. Helguson was playing really well for us EXCEPT scoring. I am sure he'd have come right, but the crowd got on his back, made it worse, and the management gave up on him. Now he feels wanted. A massive difference.

Comment

there were suggestions that Camp should get an england call up on the radio this week....

I haven't seen what he is doing at forrest that much, but clearly playing the best of his career.
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                            3. Our fans at LR since the takeover have had expectations put upon them which were false promises. The fans have reacted awfully and now slate players who aren't as good as Rooney. It massively affects players. Massively. Those fans who slate and boo need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror, look past the Burberry and consider the effect of their actions
                            I think our fans have become spoilt and it has a negative effect on the team. You hear the ex pros say it does stop you playing well when there are protests and boos etc.
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

When they are our players we are far more critical of them. Think Helguson has shown he is not a bad player, yet his transfer to us after about 6 months was ridiculed. Then you have Fitz Hall who is another the fans have really moaned about including me, but he is now playing for Newcastle, so is he really that bad??

Even Ageymnag will turn out okay for BRistol City. I think we expected due to the money coming in a Zamora or Kamara, straight away we become very critical because its the likes of Ageymang instead. Reality is in the right team these players are not too bad.

Summarise, we thought we were going to be spolit with the riches of the best footballers in the championship, when we didn't get them, we ended up being critical from the start.
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X