Quashie at fault for Scunny goal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
    We lost the game because we didn't create any chances and never looked like scoring.

not all true. QPR didn't create a lot of chances, but they did create some. Even the highlights show a few attempts

There was one time when Simpson went on a run and then shot, but he could have played Vine through for a one on one, or passed to Buzsaky before shooting.

There was also another cross that went right across the 6 yard box without a QPR player close enough.

Also, Cook put in a few good crosses, but no one was really available to score from them.

Hopefully, with Bent and Priskin on loan, QPR will now get more players challenging for these crosses into the box.

Comment

and that was the sum total of our efforts against the mighty Scunny at home.

Scary.
      http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

shocking aint it :(

Comment

I initially thought when it happened that both centre backs were in position with a man and Thompson ran through without anyone tracking him so yes Quashie's fault.
          15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
            and that was the sum total of our efforts against the mighty Scunny at home.

Scary.
            I am basing that on the OWS 4 mins highlights. I didn't go and see the game, but I did read that QPR should have been out of sight in the 1st half. That suggests chances were created and wasted.

Comment

I thought it was Taarabt but could have been Quashie, but yeah either way he couldn't be arsed to carry on tracking him so he is at fault!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                On viewing it again, I have to change my answer.

Hill was not at fault, he and Gorkss pushed up and it was Connolly who played Hooper onside.

Quashie switched off to allow Thompson to score. I don't think it is down to fitness, but more likley that he stopped thinking and took his eye off Thompson.

I expect both Connolly and Quashie to make amends by playing a great game at Peterboro and helping QPR to win 3 points. And then the same again against Ipswich and Coventry:greedy:;D
                Exactly, unfortunately after Hooper was not offside for his initial run, because Connolly played him on from centre right, all of them were a bit flat footed. But the initial and major culprit was Connolly, however, this is a symptom of a defence that hasn't played together as a unit many times.
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Working...
                X