Forget Sousa and De Canio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Sousa and De Canio...

... the one that started the slide into madness, sackings etc.. was Dowie.
    Just out of interest, why exactly was he sacked??
    (And he was sacked, even FB has admitted that one.)

Was it results? only drawing 0-0 at Swansea? or something else??

The biggest foul-up of all, sacking him.
    When I heard that news, I think it was the very moment that I realised we might be in a spot of bother here, with an owner who could do that.

It was October.We were 9th in the league, one point from the play-offs, we'd just won at Aston Villa in the Carling Cup, and beaten Forest in our last home game.
    So, why??

Utter madness, when you look back. And what's happened since. :waaaht:
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
    ... the one that started the slide into madness, sackings etc.. was Dowie.
    Just out of interest, why exactly was he sacked??
    (And he was sacked, even FB has admitted that one.)

Was it results? only drawing 0-0 at Swansea? or something else??

The biggest foul-up of all, sacking him.
    When I heard that news, I think it was the very moment that I realised we might be in a spot of bother here, with an owner who could do that.

It was October.We were 9th in the league, one point from the play-offs, we'd just won at Aston Villa in the Carling Cup, and beaten Forest in our last home game.
    So, why??

Utter madness, when you look back. And what's happened since. :waaaht:
    Ok two reasons:

1. His style of football didn't suit the fans/players and the board.... they didn't feel that it represented good value for money watching poor long ball football.
    2. The board felt that a lot of the fan's didn't want Dowie to begin with and wanted a more glamorous style manager which could produce good football....

Comment

Dowie was sacked because he tried to stand up to flavio....even flavio in an interview somewhere said they didn't get on.
      But i agree that was the start of things...made worse by Sousa going.....

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
        Ok two reasons:

1. His style of football didn't suit the fans/players and the board.... they didn't feel that it represented good value for money watching poor long ball football.
        2. The board felt that a lot of the fan's didn't want Dowie to begin with and wanted a more glamorous style manager which could produce good football....
        Oh.
        Ah well, fair enough.

Good work Flav.

Comment

Totally agree.

Dowie was sacked because - and FB said it himself - he wasn't satisfied with the quality of football.

Dowie's 'errors' were clearly not winning home matches by 3 or 4 clear goals (apart from Southampton) and by often playing with 1 striker in away matches.

QPR were not good in losing 1-0 at Coventry and Birmingham and the last straw for Briatore was a 0-0 draw at Swansea, who played for an hour with a defender in goal and QPR failing to even have 1 shot on target.

Now I must admit that was shameful and annoyed as all, including me, but it did not warrant a sacking, and this action set a precedent and started the ascend to the madness and shambles we are now witnessing.

I wonder if Briatore will ever admit to making a mistake on this.

Comment

My sources said Dowie was sacked as he stood up to FB. Demonstrated his annoyance with GP overruling him on a transfer (free) and FB sided with GP. Apparently nothing to do with tactics etc....

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              Totally agree.

Dowie was sacked because - and FB said it himself - he wasn't satisfied with the quality of football.

Dowie's 'errors' were clearly not winning home matches by 3 or 4 clear goals (apart from Southampton) and by often playing with 1 striker in away matches.

QPR were not good in losing 1-0 at Coventry and Birmingham and the last straw for Briatore was a 0-0 draw at Swansea, who played for an hour with a defender in goal and QPR failing to even have 1 shot on target.

Now I must admit that was shameful and annoyed as all, including me, but it did not warrant a sacking, and this action set a precedent and started the ascend to the madness and shambles we are now witnessing.

I wonder if Briatore will ever admit to making a mistake on this.

Nah.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nodge70;262197]My sources said Dowie was sacked as he stood up to FB. Demonstrated his annoyance with GP overruling him on a transfer (free) and FB sided with GP. Apparently nothing to do with tactics etc....[/QUOTE]

That's not what FB said when asked by a news reporter and it was shown on TV. He said something along the lines of "I wasn't happy with the quality of football played on the pitch".

Comment

That's not what FB said when asked by a news reporter and it was shown on TV. He said something along the lines of "I wasn't happy with the quality of football played on the pitch".
                  not exactly going to say he tried to stand up to me...specially if looking for a new manager

Comment

The problem is, FB knows sod all about football.
                    But he thinks he does.

And there you have one of the biggest problems of all. Still is.

Comment

[QUOTE=stanistheman;262206]
                      Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      My sources said Dowie was sacked as he stood up to FB. Demonstrated his annoyance with GP overruling him on a transfer (free) and FB sided with GP. Apparently nothing to do with tactics etc....[/QUOTE]

therein lies the truth..obviously:waaaht:

Comment

There is also a nice conspiracy theory that suggests that Dowie needed a decent pay off to repay permatan Jordan as a result of losing the court case so "stood up" to FB at the earliest opportunity.

Not that I adhere to the theory but have heard it mentioned in a few places..
                        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

[QUOTE=stanistheman;262206]
                          Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                          My sources said Dowie was sacked as he stood up to FB. Demonstrated his annoyance with GP overruling him on a transfer (free) and FB sided with GP. Apparently nothing to do with tactics etc....[/QUOTE]

Nodge,I seem to remember that even a good few supporters did agree with What Mr Briatore said about the quality of fotball on the pitch.....:horror::horror:
                          Dunno wheter you where one of them though

Comment

Nodge70

Sorry haev to pull you up on that quote

Demonstrated his annoyance with GP overruling him on a transfer (free) and FB sided with GP

That is definitely not true.
                            it was a battle of wills between Dowie and FB. FB was fairly new to the game and brought in players De carmine and Parejo. He wanted them played simple as that. Dowie did not think they were good enough, but was told to accomodate them
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              Nodge70

Sorry haev to pull you up on that quote

Demonstrated his annoyance with GP overruling him on a transfer (free) and FB sided with GP

That is definitely not true.
                              it was a battle of wills between Dowie and FB. FB was fairly new to the game and brought in players De carmine and Parejo. He wanted them played simple as that. Dowie did not think they were good enough, but was told to accomodate them
                              Told it was all down to the Clinton Morrison transfer not happening and DiCarmine being brought in over his head. Happy to stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
                              X