No announcement yet.

year you were born

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1956 born in Ladbroke Grove.....had no option....victim of geography ! !

Comment

1977, watched my dad and grandad get lashed up in Uxbridge then the drive up to the bush being amazed at the amount of swear words they used. Then getting bribed by sweets from John Snow on the Uxb Road not to grass them up..

Comment

'64. My Old fella did for it. He was Charlton but had that old-school attitude of just liking football and would watch any team kick a ball about, even Rangers (I did the Scrubs a few times as his compulsion for football was that bad and there was no Sky Sports back then!). He was also old school inasmuch as any London team would do above any outfit from anywhere else. Hence taking me to Rangers as a Cahrlton boy didn;t seem to have bothered him like me taking my boys to Cahrlton would! He worked at the BBC next door to R's so my Saturdays from the age of about three consisted of watching him "work" ( the " " will be clear to anyone whose ever been in to see BBC people "work") in the morning and then we'd be off next door for the R's. Was lucky enough for that to lead onto Bowles, Sir Les and....... now Simpson on loan.

Comment

1956, its between hemelhoop, crossborderexile and me whos the oldest git, born in feb. so it may not be me, why rangers?, born hammersmith hospital and first 14 years resident in batman close, simples
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

dad started taking me to games in the early 90's, first game was when we beat spurs 4-1 at loftus road...cant remember the year. hooked ever since.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I was born in Kensington, St Mary Abbotts hospital, lived all my life in Shepherd's Bush, my local team, and my old man treating me to my first live football match at Loftus Rd, sat with him in the old wooden Ellerslie Rd stand, Hull City were our opponents, Stan Bowles scored in a 1-1 draw, from then on I was hooked.

Comment

My dad had been taking me down to Arsenal (F.Knows why) but then Arsenal were playing at Loftus Road and we went to that, after that day i just wanted to be a Rangers fan, loved the kit, the ground, the atmosphere, the players, it was great then, but it was 1973 and so much different than today, what has happened.

By the way here it is i've found the highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecUqLpFilg
                Last edited by 80sCasual; 04-02-2010, 11:05 PM.
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80scasual View Post
                  My dad had been taking me down to arsenal (f.knows why) but then arsenal were playing at loftus road and we went to that, after that day i just wanted to be a rangers fan, loved the kit, the ground, the atmosphere, the players, it was great then, but it was 1972 and so much different than today, what has happened.
                  wicked bike!!
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
                    Not in 1967 my friend, a bit later, 73 onwards. But 2 greats from the past see Gerry's goal v Liverpool...sums our play up in that era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wiPg...eature=related
                    I thought that but think he means he was born in 1967 but remembers his first games in the mid 70's.

Anyway, for me born in Park Royal 1957 and my local park was the Queens Park and my first game was in 1967. For me it was seeing my local team win a cup and Rodney Marsh, the Morgans and L, L, L, L, Lazarus.
                    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      1956, its between hemelhoop, crossborderexile and me whos the oldest git, born in feb. so it may not be me, why rangers?, born hammersmith hospital and first 14 years resident in batman close, simples
                      Born June so your an older git than me i'm afraid.;D

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                        wicked bike!!
                        Wicked maybe, Bike No.
                        My Classic Lambretta Scooter Yes.
                        Queens Park Rangers
                        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

1964. Support QPR because I had a Cap gun pointed at me head. Well documented.

Re wrestling. Stayed at a guest house when I was a kid in Ramsgate run by the family of Pat Roach. Met him. Top bloke he was.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            1956 seems a popular year for us older gits, born june 56 so not the oldest
                            dad raised in chiswick as a boy and was always rangers so its in the genes.

Comment

Originally posted by hemelhoop View Post
                              Born June so your an older git than me i'm afraid.;D
                              lets split the atom on this hemel
                              june 56 eh - im the 20th!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X