Anand Hyundai International Outstanding Achievement Award
    Ayaz Sheikh, Swimming, Leicester
    Mohammed Razaq, Cricket, Bristol
    Salma Bi, Cricket, Birmingham
    Emerald Knight Community Business in Sport
    Amit Bhatia, Football, Queen Park Rangers
    Wasim Khan, Cricket, London
    Jasbir Athwal, Golf, Bradford

It’s time to pick up the phone and place your votes for your favourite budding sports stars and heroes as the build up to the Change4Life British Asian Sports Awards hots up. Voting lines are now officially open to the public until Thursday 4th February.
    Amongst the shortlisted hopefuls this year are Formula One racer Adam Khan, Yorkshire and England cricketer Adil Rashid, Queens Park Rangers Vice-Chairman Amit Bhatia and England women’s cricketer Isa Guha. The Awards, which are made up of ten categories and judged by a panel of experts are, for the first time, taking place in partnership with the ground-breaking Change4Life movement which supports families to ‘eat well, move more and live longer’

The partnership with Change4Life aims to increase awareness of the importance of eating well and moving more amongst the South Asian Community, where obesity remains a huge challenge, with current estimations that nine out of ten kids could be overweight or obese by 2050 if no action is taken.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

give it a call

Amit Bhatia – To vote for Amit, please call 09050260315 or SMS 84555 with the short code BASA 315
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Are you the self appointed chief brown noser?

Comment

Nothing wrong in helping our vice chairman to win an award??

Comment

I appreciate the people wanted to invest in QPR annd we were close to admin when they (he) came in but.....Why does this deserve an award?

I mean, if you're Asian and buy into a football club with your Billions, you are awarded?

Crazy isn't it.

Now before you spout off racist, if an award is given out for any old crap I would say the same no matter who it was but this appears to be doing anything to raise a profile.

Only my impression of it all.
          The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
          :grimace:

Comment

I have nothing against Amit but as mentioned by Neo is he being awarded for buying into a Football Club?
            I was under the impression you are given awards for achieving something rather than for just using the money which you are lucky to have in the first place, i am not by the way saying i am not grateful for what he has done to this club, but i think he would prefer to get the award for a major achievment.
            Queens Park Rangers
            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Amit does alot for QPR in the community and for the club in general. I've voted.

Comment

Personnally i will vote for isa guha who is a world cup winner for england as opposed to amit who is,i'm sure a great bloke but actaully hasn't done anything yet!!!
                oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Voted!

Comment

Be honest scott what mileage r u now putting in?
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Be honest scott what mileage r u now putting in?
                      Dont depress me.

Struggling with my shins :cry:

Comment

Scott I am really worried

Why don't you go down to a park and train on the grass.

U really aren't putting in the training and I really can't tell you how b loody hard this is going to be. I ran half a marathon when VERY fit and struggled, u should be up to around 15 miles and I bet you would struggle running 5.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Scott I am really worried

Why don't you go down to a park and train on the grass.

U really aren't putting in the training and I really can't tell you how b loody hard this is going to be. I ran half a marathon when VERY fit and struggled, u should be up to around 15 miles and I bet you would struggle running 5.
                          I'm on about 7 mate...not thru lack of effort, just purely physical problems..ankle, then knee and now shins. Dont worry, i'll crack on.

Comment

Hope you not going to pull out after 10 miles?

Comment

Bhatia nominated

Amit short-listed for Community Business in Sport Award - text 'BASA 315' to 84555 to support him!

More...

Comment

Working...
                              X