De Canio Set To Return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by writtler View Post
    And watch all the good work in the defence undone..
    As someone said it doesnt just get undone over night.

De Canio and Ainsworth in charge with players like Vine, Buzsaky, Routledge, Taarabt, Cookie and many more class players and i could see a few 4-0 wins next season if he came back and some fab football on the way.
    Teams like Donny and Blackpool will hate playing the Rangers.

Bear in mind Cerny, Gorkks and Ramage werent here last time he was here
    and imo they make a big diffirence then Camp, Rehman and whoever else it was.
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

To be fair players like Stewart, Connolly and Gorkss and to a degree Ramage don't need that much training. They are defence minded anyway.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

i think if we get decanio back the defence wont be a big problem as said above gorkss and cerny are better additions, delaney may recapture the form shown under ldc or bring in a replacement and i think we are sorted.

if he does return i think we can wave goodbye to cookie as he isnt the fastest of wingers.

Comment

A lot of DiCanio supporters argue "I want to be entertained". But where is the entertainment in losing, however well we have played? We will have several flair players available who will turn on the style anyway, but we need a manager with tactical nous - like the young venables did - to mould them into an organised, battling unit.

Comment

So why can't they be organised into a battling unit and attack, and God strike me down, win at the same time?

I don't see the argument, attacking football doesn't = losing in my book. But it sure does make for an interesting game of....wait for it....football!

Play to win not play to not lose is my view.

Of course you have your opinion too but to argue that to attack is to lose, doesn't add up to a given result to me.

Now I will admit that in certain league positions or certain games even it should be a tactic to be considered but as a general philosophy playing not to lose is not my fave option...which is why I like the attacking mentality myself.

Last edited by Neo; 17-04-2009, 10:01 PM.
            The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
            :grimace:

Comment

Neo, like a very good barrister you are completely misrepresenting what I said. I, too, support attacking football as does probably every Rs fan of long-standing - traditionally, its how weve played. But Alex Ferguson plays v disciplined attacking football - if players don't track back he wants to know why. Under DiCanio, by contrast, as well as looking breathtaking at times we cd also look a complete shambles. What about all those quotes from players after he left saying training was a joke, etc? Kevin Keegan championed attacking football but that didn't make him a good manager...

Comment

Fair comment. Can't disagree with parts of that.

As for being a barrister (pleased with that) I can only read a post how it is written and with my interpretation (a message board problem).

This 'But where is the entertainment in losing, however well we have played?' lead me to respond like I did. I actually feel good losing a very entertaining game, not that I want to but I actually feel proud of a good performance, goals and entertaining football even if we don't win every game, and to be fair LDC was not far off PS's record as SPC has clearly pointed out with facts, so I don't see LDC as being as bad as you are highlighting in terms of results and points.

Again an attacking manager who didn't lose a game would be very good I agree ;).

Comment

Fair enough mate I don't think we are too far apart in our thinking. and i know what you mean about losing well, but after all these years of supporting the rs im really bored of losing - i'd like to win. im not one of these fans who throws their toys out of the pram whenever we lose which is why i opposed the sacking of both dowie and sousa but my complaint against di canio was the number of games we lost in the 95th minute. that's not entertainment, that's torture!

Comment

lol I have to agree with that whole heartedly

I really would like to see LDC's style of play given a little more time and resources than he had last time though. Not saying he didn't have some decent players then but we have moved on a bit.

MB's are difficult to express yourself clearly on, posts are read in the minds of others and maybe not how you intended. We got there in the end though mate

Comment

Indeed!

Actually, I wouldn't mind DiCanio for the reasons you stated but if so then rather than ainsworth i think we wd need a really boring but solid number two who wd do a lot of training and tactics - dare i say it, someone a bit like dowie...

Comment

LDC = Leaky Defence Ciao :byebye:

Comment

I think the crowd give a feedback to the players, under LDC the atmosphere was very good at times.

Big question mark is can he step up on what he did first time around?
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            Indeed!

Actually, I wouldn't mind DiCanio for the reasons you stated but if so then rather than ainsworth i think we wd need a really boring but solid number two who wd do a lot of training and tactics - dare i say it, someone a bit like dowie...

Good compromise

lol at theblackmafia (surprised that name didn't get banned )

Not sure Pete but I'd give him a chance

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              I think the crowd give a feedback to the players, under LDC the atmosphere was very good at times.

Big question mark is can he step up on what he did first time around?

Dunno, can he? :exciting:

Comment

must admit when buz knocked in the third against bristol city from far out on the right wing i turned to my brother and said i didn't know qpr were allowed to play this well in the post premiership era. but if he does come we badly need people like hariban to hang around as the team just looked unfit.

Comment

Working...
                                X