How do you feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel?

How do you season ticket holders feel, after spending so much money this year?

Where I am going with this is, the amount that was paid, we should be going all out on the play offs and to be fair, some early signs were there in signing Routledge, Adel etc.

But then we sign Madge, who at the time, no one wanted. He began to get the team going, and then messed it up and here we go. The madness starts again.

We then get in Hart - which for me was basically the board saying 'write off this season, lets go at it next year'. Now we have Harford, and its the same again.

This time though, we have sold Routledge, got rid of 2 players who are reserves and signed some players, more on loan, that are average to poor at this level - again, showing that we are going to try again next year.

This ontop of the fact there have been a lot of deals, which means that your season ticket doesnt even work out cost effective.

So how does it feel, to have parted with the cash, get spoke down to by Flav, then hope for mid table at best?

I am happy I didnt part with £600 of my cash this year.

Me too.

I knew I wouldn't get to se more than 15 games so it wouldn't be cost effective, But I also knew that it would be another disappointing season like the previous one.

I waited until the season was about to start in hope that a good striker or two would be signed, and they failed to do that. This told me all I needed to know about the real lack of ambition of the Board.

Simpson joined in September and was signed to replace he outgoing Helguson.

Comment

like a mug :bad_egg:

Comment

Know what you're saying.
        But the price of a season ticket is no guarantee of what will happen on the pitch.
        We buy our ticket with blind faith. That's what supporting is all about unfortunately.

Comment

like that bird who got roasted by 5 players..i feel fkuced

Comment

You seem to express some sort of perverted satisfaction that other supports have paid out £600 and in your opinion been mugged off. If that is so, shame on you qpr matt.

If i have missed read your post then i'm sorry
            Last edited by Mr M; 02-02-2010, 09:33 AM.
            A man who has not made a mistake has made nothing

Comment

Whatever the season, we'll follow our team, we're Queens Park Rangers..........., you know the rest.

I paid £1400 for 2 platinum season tickets last year, and I'll probably do the same in 4 months time, hopefully things will get better for the club and it's suppoerters, and, a little less expensive.

In my 40 years supporting the R's little has changed in real terms, we're still a small struggling club, Briatore will eventually go, but we'll still be here.
              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M View Post
                You seem to express some sort of perverted satisfaction that other supports have paid out £600 and in your opinion been mugged off. If that is so, shame on you qpr matt.

If i have missed read your post then i'm sorry
                Woah no way, and I apologise if thats how it come across. Im saying that if I had paid that money, play off minimum prices - id be very cheesed off if the board gave up half way through, effectively wasting the money being paid.

This is more a dig at the board than anything else, showing how badly run it is and why the fans are so ****ed off - and they have every right to be.

Comment

Well done Matt, you must be proud to write a post like this.

I was one of the people to part with £600, and while I'm not happy with some of the investment on the pitch, it was my risk and I'm glad I did it.

After all, if we were flying in first or second place and looked certs for promotion, it would be people like you who would write: "God, I wish I'd got a season ticket."

And I didn't want to be that person.

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

Alex, will you be renewing your season ticket next year?,

Two weeks ago I was teetering on the edge, now I feel that I will certainly renew.

Don't know the reason, just love my club, Queens Park Rangers.
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Me too.

I knew I wouldn't get to se more than 15 games so it wouldn't be cost effective.
                      I too am the same, although I try to get to as many games as possible, due to work and other commitments it's not always possible so it wouldn't be cost effective for me either. By no means does that make me a worse supporter.
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by alexferguson60 View Post
                        Well done Matt, you must be proud to write a post like this.

I was one of the people to part with £600, and while I'm not happy with some of the investment on the pitch, it was my risk and I'm glad I did it.

After all, if we were flying in first or second place and looked certs for promotion, it would be people like you who would write: "God, I wish I'd got a season ticket."

And I didn't want to be that person.

Cheers,

Alex

Thats my point - that is what we should have been going for, if being charged that much. But not only half way through, the season the board have given up and not going for the promotion and being overcharged for the privaledge. Instead, we are being charged shed loads to watch half a team that doesnt care or belong to us.

Comment

I feel mugged off too.

But there is seven of us who go and we can all sit together each week and not have to worry. Got pretty good seats in FBlock so wouldnt want to give them up.

Still feel the club should compensate us some how when they are doing promotions, even if it was on a couple of quid food/drink/betting voucher

Comment

happy i paid the money.while i admit its a bit expensive to watch any championship side QPR are my club and ill follow them no matter the circumstances.
                            "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                              I feel mugged off too.

But there is seven of us who go and we can all sit together each week and not have to worry. Got pretty good seats in FBlock so wouldnt want to give them up.

Still feel the club should compensate us some how when they are doing promotions, even if it was on a couple of quid food/drink/betting voucher
                              agree with you on that jfish.with all the promotions i do feel a little peed off and thing the club should do something for the season tickets holders.
                              "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Working...
                              X