Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An assessment of OUR transfer window

On the whole I'm not too disappointed.

Out Pellican - Useless forward glad he's off the wage bill.
    Ageymang - See above
    Hall- High earning injury prone journeyman who thinks he's the bees knees
    Routledge - Great player on his day but WANTED to move on AGAIN. Not really delivered of late and seems to have a bit of atitude.
    Helgerson - Injury prone never really delivered

In Hill- About as good as we already had at left back but may improve.
    Bent - A goalscorer who is better than what we already have (excl Simpson.
    Priskin - A goalscorer who is better than what we already have
    Ikelme - About as good as we already have when you look at Cerny this year.
    Quashie - Need to see a couple more games to form an opinion
    Cookie - Feels like a new signing and look sharp when he came on Saturday.

We are a mid table Championship side that play to 12 - 14000 k fans at home. We will not attract the TOP end players that we all crave at this stage and we probably won't for a number of years depending on the big boys upstairs. Get real , support the team and console yourselves with the fact that our NEXT starting eleven is better and more equipped to deal with Championship football than it has been since the season started . Over and Out!

Originally posted by maddix View Post
    Get real, support the team and console yourselves with the fact that our NEXT starting eleven is better and more equipped to deal with Championship football than it has been since the season started . Over and Out!
    Well we'll just have to wait and see won't we.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Agreed. Good post.

Forgot about Wild Thing though. Would have been nice to see him play a cameo.

Comment

Ed harris has gone on loan as well.
        Vine may go too...

Comment

Pellican - Never did anything.. good bye
          Ageymang - I really like him personally, but doesn't cut it
          Hall- Not bad but not all that.. good to get off wage bill
          Routledge - Good player,, guessing bad attuide so don't mind him going
          Helgerson - I cannot stand this man

Hill- Don't know him
          Ikelme - Again, don't really know him
          Quashie - Happy.. will work very hard.. good temp cover
          Cookie - Feels like a new signing.. Cookies a legend
          Priskin - Really happy about.. allways liked him, glad hes an R'SSS man
          Bent - I rate him, but hes had sex with my future wife Danielle Lloyd, so i'm not keen.. footballing though hes good
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

ainsworth gone out too...wycombe.

surely he could put in more effort than many did v scunny..and maybe get a shot on target, we'll miss him in the dressing room.
            all went wrong when he was loaned out....

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
              On the whole I'm not too disappointed.

Out Pellican - Useless forward glad he's off the wage bill.
              Ageymang - See above
              Hall- High earning injury prone journeyman who thinks he's the bees knees
              Routledge - Great player on his day but WANTED to move on AGAIN. Not really delivered of late and seems to have a bit of atitude.
              Helgerson - Injury prone never really delivered

In Hill- About as good as we already had at left back but may improve.
              Bent - A goalscorer who is better than what we already have (excl Simpson.
              Priskin - A goalscorer who is better than what we already have
              Ikelme - About as good as we already have when you look at Cerny this year.
              Quashie - Need to see a couple more games to form an opinion
              Cookie - Feels like a new signing and look sharp when he came on Saturday.

We are a mid table Championship side that play to 12 - 14000 k fans at home. We will not attract the TOP end players that we all crave at this stage and we probably won't for a number of years depending on the big boys upstairs. Get real , support the team and console yourselves with the fact that our NEXT starting eleven is better and more equipped to deal with Championship football than it has been since the season started . Over and Out!
              Good post.
              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

When you put it like that it is hard to disagree too much, especially with those leaving the club.

The forwards QPR now have, should improve the chances of creating chances and scoring goals. Although neither Bent nor Priskin have done a lot this season to back this up.

Hill might be better than Borrowdale but I have yet to see him prove this. Yes he won promotion with Wolves last season, but Borrowdale was once a highly rated CCC left back.

Ikeme doesn't look as if he is an improvement on Cerny, but I have to agree, that Cerny has been quite poor this season.

I think Quashie is a decent holding midfielder, but he has an appalling record with clubs he plays for (most seem to get relegated).

I agree that QPR do not have a big support, but I do think that fairer and appropriate pricing along with better players and stability, would have led to bigger gates.

Obviously the state and size of the ground makes it difficult to get more than 17,000 any more than that, and the extra fans are likely to have very restricted views.

Will QPR ever do any better?

Well that really depends on the Board. Will they finance a big investment programme on the team and manager and to build a new bigger stadium, with their own money?

I doubt it very much, so it looks like a vicious circle.

Many fans wont pay big admission fees to watch a mid table side, in a cramped and uncomfortable stadium and the Board wont finance the spending until we do.

Comment

stop whingeing.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Interesting that you call both Bent and Priskin "goalscorers". Fair play to you.

Each to their own and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      stop whingeing.
                      ;D;D;D
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                        Interesting that you call both Bent and Priskin "goalscorers". Fair play to you.

Compared to the dross (excl. Simpson ) thats been occupying our front line for the last year or so I'd make Priskin and Bent a dramatic improvement !!

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post

I was just thinking that - Bent 3 in 35 for Birmingham last season and 0 in 8 this season on loan - all very Agyemangesque..

Helguson has got more goals!

Edit:-

Just looked at his stats of soccerbase:-

09/10 - 0 in 8
                          08/09 - 3 in 35
                          07/08 - 6 in 33
                          06/07 - 2 in 35
                          05/06 - 3 in 37

So that's 14 goals in the last 148 games - a goal every 10 games - have to love some of the confidence that he will score...
                          Last edited by writtler; 01-02-2010, 07:46 PM.
                          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Writtler, if you being given no money for transfers

Who would have liked in? How would you have done it?
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Is Heskey picked for England for his goalscoring record?

Scoring stats don't tell everything about a forward.
                              We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Working...
                              X