Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Attendence Yesterday

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • IsleworthRanger
    CCG
    • Mar 2009
    • 7090

    #1

    Attendence Yesterday

    Anyone else surprised at how many went yesterday despite talk of boycotts and the dreadful run of form?

    Quite sad really that I even think just over 13,000 was a fairly decent turnout :(
  • alibabes
    Bronze Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 562

    #2
    there wasnt that many, i'd have said 11500 maybe

    Comment

    • WeAreQPR12
      C Club
      • Mar 2009
      • 23558

      #3
      I did think the ground looked to empty for that attendance.

      Even with the family section in the school end where they were rightly giving them away, and so they should. I know season ticket holders have been screwed but there needs to be giving free tickets for school kids. I think they will have to reduce prices on door to £10 the way things are going.
      I played sunday league football today.

      Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

      I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

      We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

      Comment

      • AndyB
        Bronze Seat
        • Mar 2009
        • 329

        #4
        Was there a deal for this game? (In the school end I mean).

        Comment

        • WeAreQPR12
          C Club
          • Mar 2009
          • 23558

          #5
          Well I heard they were offering kids free tickets at some of the local schools.
          I played sunday league football today.

          Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

          I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

          We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

          Comment

          • Magic
            Silver Seat
            • Aug 2009
            • 4736

            #6
            yeah saw a big group of primary school kids in ellerslie

            Comment

            • Kirill
              W12 Seat
              • Mar 2009
              • 19359

              #7
              Originally posted by Magic
              yeah saw a big group of primary school kids in ellerslie
              Of course having attended that marvellous game for free, they will now flock back again and again as paying and enthusiastic customers ... at least that was the marketing department's idea
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

              http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

              How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

              Comment

              • stan_bowles
                CCG
                • Mar 2009
                • 8391

                #8
                School end upper was full of kids.Few in X block as well.Not exactly good for the club when they give free tickets.

                Comment

                • Shamie
                  Silver Seat
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1718

                  #9
                  Originally posted by IsleworthRanger
                  Anyone else surprised at how many went yesterday despite talk of boycotts and the dreadful run of form?

                  Quite sad really that I even think just over 13,000 was a fairly decent turnout :(
                  When they announced the attendance figure,my initial thought was that
                  someone was fiddling the numbers.

                  Where i was in Q,there were lots of empty season ticket holders seats.

                  Are all season ticket holders factored into the attendance figures for games
                  whether they actually turn up or not?
                  Work is the curse of the drinking classes. -Oscar Wilde.

                  Comment

                  • scott_jones

                    #10
                    Shamie, pretty sure they count STs and any tickets sold whether people turn up or not.

                    Comment

                    • Factamondo
                      You know when you've been factamondoed!
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37198

                      #11
                      3500 freebies given away.......official attendance 9231
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

                      Comment

                      • themodfather
                        Silver Seat
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 4317

                        #12
                        no way 13000 there....f block at the back had 100s of empty seats...

                        Comment

                        • vblockranger
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 15218

                          #13
                          V block was half empty too....no way was that the right figure...more spin from the football club version of the Labour Party.

                          Comment

                          Working...