My last shot at being positive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last shot at being positive

Maybe, just maybe, the powers at QPR have realised they have royally screwed up... even if they aren't admitting it publicly... and are getting rid of players who are more mercenary, or not happy, and will try to bring in players with more 'character' and fight for the cause.

I don't know any of the players personally, or how hard they actually try (it isn't always easy to tell), but a clear-out is needed and has started. I think we have resigned ourselves to mid-table, and are looking for the future. Whether that is with or without Flav, who knows...

We must keep our best young players, play them when possible (unless they need resting due to confidence etc), and surround them with experience and people willing to really give it their all. A few leaders.

At the moment, I think we need an experienced leader in defence, an experienced centre forward who can hold it up, and a quality goalkeeper (Heaton would have been excellent). We miss Mahon/Rowly badly, and depending on their prognosis we may need another centre midfielder who can really get people's respect.

I'd like to see a line-up of something like this (and no it isn't perfect but worth trying to see what happens). It won't set the world alight, but it might give us ideas for future. Also, we need to show patience as fans.

Ikeme
    proper right-back, Connolly, Ramage (to see how he does), Hill
    Hogan, Buzsaky, Quashie, Vine
    new 'intelligent' target man, Simpson

subs from: Radek, Borrowdale, Legs, Stewart, Gorkss (only to see if Ramage can play CB), German, Balanta, Sterling, Cook
    Last edited by Stedders; 29-01-2010, 12:52 PM.

saying it is your last shot at being possative sounds very negative
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Yeah good point! It is my last shot, but then I will do a farewell 'tour' of last shots like the Stones or Eagles, then another comeback effort...etc etc...

Comment

For some reason I never took to Hall, all those stupid goal celebrations and dj carp ! Also Pat has already set the tongues wagging in Bristol, turning up the other night in his Bentley, did not go down well !
        Good moves all round.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
          Yeah good point! It is my last shot, but then I will do a farewell 'tour' of last shots like the Stones or Eagles, then another comeback effort...etc etc...
          i was told once that two negatives make a posative
          Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Drop Gorkss to experiment with Ramage at CB is a bit risky against Scunthorpe who have good attacking players in Hooper and Hayes. They scored 4 at Derby, 2 against Man City and 2 against Sheff Weds, and you want to experiment. Don't QPR have enough defensive problems to deal with, without experimenting. I'd rather experiment against sides who struggle for goals, i.e. Swansea, Coventry etc.

Comment

What about Faurlin? Consistently our best player this season...

Comment

I've been like that before.

Right up there with Frank Sinatra.
                Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by RochestR View Post
                  What about Faurlin? Consistently our best player this season...
                  Oops I forgot him. I don't agree he has been consistently our best player at all, but certainly he needs to be playing some games. I'd like to give Buzz 5 games in centre mid, see if he has the passion in him still. If so, great, he would make a huge difference. If not, put Faurlin starting in there. But I think Buzz is worth those 5 games.

With regards to Ramage at centre back, home v Scunthorpe, I can't think of many easier games tbh.

Anyway, I am looking forward to tomorrow, see if there is a positive reaction to Forest and also to see if the crowd protest at all (hopefully making it clear it's at owners, not the players).

Comment

Oops I forgot him. I don't agree he has been consistently our best player at all, but certainly he needs to be playing some games. I'd like to give Buzz 5 games in centre mid, see if he has the passion in him still. If so, great, he would make a huge difference. If not, put Faurlin starting in there. But I think Buzz is worth those 5 games.

With regards to Ramage at centre back, home v Scunthorpe, I can't think of many easier games tbh.

Anyway, I am looking forward to tomorrow, see if there is a positive reaction to Forest and also to see if the crowd protest at all (hopefully making it clear it's at owners, not the players).

I think any kind of protest before or during the games is likely to disturb the players. I would really rather there was no protest until the season has ended.

QPR fans can show their disgust by not renewing STs during the summer. If less than 500 are sold by the end of June, the Board will soon get the message.

Comment

Very important, that.
                      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

If they are finally waking up to the fact they have royally screwed up then surely the DOF position will be scrapped shortly - please..
                        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Yeah. There should be some songs which are aimed at the owners to express our disappointment. But we should give players extra encouragement, however the game is going.

I am warming up my voice already for protest songs, can can I request they are in the key of G as that is a nice key for my tenor voice. If Ellerslie could sing a 3rd of a key above as a harmony, with SA Road singing bass, the kids in lower loft can do the high bits and us in Upper Loft can be the lead singers. Cos then we get the birds.

I'll shut up now.

Comment

Working...
                          X