No announcement yet.

Ikeme loan extended til 6th April..All Ikeme Threads MERGED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the picture on the website, presume he's just picked the ball out of the net?

Comment

Shall we give a call to Alan McDonald? Seemed to remember he was half decent when we put him between the sticks. And he's Rangers through and through.

Tbh would rather him then Ikeme.

Comment

I'm going to get shot to bits here!

But the way we defended at Forest, is it fair to judge him on that? I'd heard he was ok at Blackpool, and to hang the bloke because of the game on tuesday is harsh... seeing as Connolly, Gorkks, Stewart etc.. we part of that shambles too.
        They all were. For that 5th goal, Forset we're lining up to take pot shots at him, with the defence stumbling around like drunks on roller skates in front of him.

Not saying he's great, or even good... I don't know, but this seems harsh.
        Maybe he is taking all the frustration that people feel about how QPR are "performing" right now?
        If I see him tomorrow and he's a sack of s**t, then I'll be the first to say so, but give him a chance, maybe?

(ducks for cover)
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          o dear
          Pete, arent we supposed to be giving players a chance?

Comment

Let him have a month in goal FFS before judging him.... Too be fair none of the team has actually played that well so to single him out is harsh.

Comment

So far he hasn't looked good, but that could also be down to diabolical defending.

I think he could have done a bit better with some of the goals conceded at Blackpool and Forest.

What also concerns me is that he is on loan until his 90 day loan expires in April. So what happens after that date? QPR have only Cerny and no other keeper with 1st team games under his belt.

As for no other keepers.

How about Speroni would be cheap to buy from Palace's administrators. Or how about a bid to buy Heaton (maybe they did and he turned them down). How about Basso from Bristol City (is he still there)?

Or how about a loan deal for Mannone from Arsenal?

Kuzscak or Foster from Man U? There must be better options out there than Wolves 3rd or 4th choice?

Comment

Ignominy extends until April.....wheres the razor blades:very_sad::very_sad::very_sad::very_sad:
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Remember we have Putnins....

Comment

concede 5 goals & you impress? I dont get it.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                      Remember we have Putnins....
                      Yes I know, and how many 1st team games has he played?

QPR have some big fixtures after Ikeme goes back.

Away to Palace and Barnsley who might both need points to avoid the drop (as might QPR) and home to Cardiff and Newcastle who will need the points for a promotion/play off challenge.

A rookie keeper in the side or the bench is a risk I don't think is worth taking.

Comment

why is he getting such a hard time already....... At Blackpool he did well and at Forest the whole team was a shambles.... yes he let in 5 how many though were his fault? Cerny let in 5 against Middlesboro.

Ffs give him a chance..... At Blackpool it was actually nice to have a goalkeeper who had a bit of communication skills and the ability to catch a ball rather than the way Cerny flapps at crosses..

Comment

Working...
                        X