Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    nah, just talking about whingers never being happy>

Same ones now moaning were probably young men who booed Tony Sealy, moaned about changing to astro-turf and going back further said they will never watch Rangers again, once Rodney Marsh left the club.

Whinging must be in the blood.
    Oh, right, thanks for that. :what:

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
      in fact on the same thread - couldn't put it better than hud:-

the ####-licking toadyism that is epitomised by the original poster in this thread, and echoed by others throughout this sorry tale of 'success at all costs' is just one of the reasons i find myself loath to post on this board any more.

The fact that so-called supporters of 'my' club have such a slavish attitude to those who wield their wealth so gracelessly, and are willing to turn a blind eye to the often despicable behaviour of those only so recently in charge is depressing. If we, as fans, are so desperate to rubber-stamp anything our owners do, no matter how gauche or immoral, then we will end up with what we deserve - a club disenfranchised from its roots, its community and its original and loyal support - a club that is no more than a brand.

Erhaps we should not be surprised, in this post-consumerist age, that there are so many gullible people out there, who simply look at the surface gloss of things, and take their vicarious enjoyment from such a shallow relationship with their reality.

However, i am mindful of the fact that owners, chairman, prospective buyers, they have all come and gone, with their various attitudes and hype, yet it is we, the 'fans', who remain, and it is in us that the soul of the club is vested, not in some kitsch brand dreamt up by a vulgar italian billionaire and his cronies. But consider this: If the true fans are disenfranchised, the soul will be gone, no matter what they say, in exactly the same manner as that club up the road; you know where i mean, the place where they have to hand out flags to their so-called fans, because the original and grass-roots support has been priced out and alienated from the club.

Of course i understand that the original poster and his ilk will simply scoff at this and say that indeed, this is precisely what they want; the shiny surface glitter of the 'holy grail' of premiership fooball at whatever cost. I say to them, all that glitters is not gold... But will it be too late when they find out, if they ever do?

The light at the end of the tunnel is ironically in this apparent recession: Promulgated by those greedy vulgarians who promoted the kind of money-excessive uber-football we experience today, the sudden tightening of purse-strings means that perhaps, after all, we can look forward to a future where football is on a more level-playing field after all, where the grass-roots fans are not disenfranchised, and there is indeed, a genuine connection between club and supporter. Or is that too much to hope for?

In the meantime, as our club spins more than gordon brown's government, we look forward to the next tawdry saga that paladini and his mates can involve us in. Onwards and upwards...
      agree agree agree great shout writtler, paladini out 96.4%
      From the Hills of Kerry
      To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

why the strange percentage?
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Do you need to ask Pete ????????????????
          From the Hills of Kerry
          To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Can't stand whingers either - but Pete, are you prepared to swear on the bible that you never booed Tony Sealy?

Comment

only at first;D

never questioned his pace though:boss:
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

bored interference

Comment

Working...
                X