If you played with taarabt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you played with taarabt

i ask those who have played 11 a side for a team before, what would you say / do if you was manager or team mate of taarabt, because i just cant fathom why he hasnt been absolutely smashed by a manager at half time/full time (apart from mags) for his absolute lack of teamplay.

he had a spell where he was a team player whilst doing the fancy tricks and it worked well.. then he just felt like he could be the center piece for us and take all the limelight.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

He could very well be the key to our problem.

Comment

id play him as a forward ,cuts out the distance he has to goal .could be a very tricky player up front in a 4-4-2 with simpson
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by shania View Post
        He could very well be the key to our problem.
        When he scored the penalty at Blackpool, the lack of people celebrating with him spoke volumes unlike everyone celebrating with Connolley and he is Parejo MK11.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          When he scored the penalty at Blackpool, the lack of people celebrating with him spoke volumes unlike everyone celebrating with Connolley and he is Parejo MK11.
          thing with parejo was he couldnt hack the english game.. he was a team player tho.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

The problem is that in terms of ability he is literally miles and miles better than any of our current players. This has a positive and negative impact on the team.

The positive side of that is that he can win a game on his own, think of some of the goals he has scored/penalties he has won, on his day he is unplayable.

Now the negative side of someone who is too good for the team is that they try and do everything on their own and although he is a brilliant player he is not quite good enough to do something amazing every time. When it doesn't come off he tends to sulk and then try to over play even more, this can be double annoying for the fans and his teammates.

In all honesty if he was surrounded by better players I think he would be more inclined to pass, but if I was him and saw that Ramage was screaming for the ball outside him I would think I'm not passing to that muppett he will kick it out for a goal kick.

Love him or hate him he certainly has bought some quality to a poor side. That goal against Preston will undoubtably win goal of the season.
            :drunk:

Comment

I would go as far to say that he is one of the reasons that WR left.
              First game ; QPR 1 Bolton Wanderers 3, Saturday 2nd December 1978.
              Parkes,Clement,Gillard,Hollins,Howe,Shanks,Eastoe, Francis,Harkouk,Busby,McGee

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
                The problem is that in terms of ability he is literally miles and miles better than any of our current players. This has a positive and negative impact on the team.

The positive side of that is that he can win a game on his own, think of some of the goals he has scored/penalties he has won, on his day he is unplayable.

Now the negative side of someone who is too good for the team is that they try and do everything on their own and although he is a brilliant player he is not quite good enough to do something amazing every time. When it doesn't come off he tends to sulk and then try to over play even more, this can be double annoying for the fans and his teammates.

In all honesty if he was surrounded by better players I think he would be more inclined to pass, but if I was him and saw that Ramage was screaming for the ball outside him I would think I'm not passing to that muppett he will kick it out for a goal kick.

Love him or hate him he certainly has bought some quality to a poor side. That goal against Preston will undoubtably win goal of the season.
                That comment makes me laugh - as have played in teams even at my level and thought...no...i'll take it on my own....Guy has obvious talent - and like you say can win or lose you the game

Teams like Southampton did it for years with matt...but feel he was a more team player.

Comment

If he were in my team I wouldn't pass to the greedy ****, then when he moaned I'd iron him out. Bloke has no respect.

Comment

I agree with you, and especially about the comment about better players.

But there is clearly a problem with his attitude to playing a team game.

It could be down to the quality of other players, but then again it could just be down to selfishness.

I would still persevere with him. One greedy player is not the resaon why the team is performing so badly. He isn't responsible for soft goals being conceded at set pieces or open play. At least 3 of Forest's goals should have been prevented (and the penalty wasn't even a foul). In other games, QPR have failed to defend free kicks and corners, again not Taarabt's fault, unless he was conceding needless one.

Taarabt has the skill to win games and unlock tight defences as he showed against Leicester (not his fault Stewart and Cerny errors conceded two goals).

Comment

I don't agree he is the most talented player. Well it depends on definition. He has the most tricks. Yes. Or, he chooses to show them more. I'd bet Buzz has as many but Buzz plays more for the team IMO.

With Adel, I'd never ever have him anywhere but up front or just behind forward(s). He is a liability defensively, just ask any left back who has had to play behind him.

I'd keep encouraging him in his decision making. When he is right, I'd get a lot of praise in there. When he is wrong, I'd tell him patiently. If he continued to ignore advice, I'd warn him that he needs to take advice, and maybe find a player as a mentor, one he respects. If that failed, I'd actually just send him back. I'd also get his manager at Spurs involved.

He is a typical Gallic flair player, with a poor temper. You need to man-manage him which is time consuming but possibly worth it. However as a loanee, I wouldn't be spending too much energy on him at the expense of the other guys who are our players or who actually want to carve a career here after their loan stint.

Comment

I'll be watching Buz and TheRat very carefully on Saturday. If either of them doesn't put in a 100% performance I'll let them know. They're the reason we've lost two decent managers and we're in this mess. It's time they paid us the fans back.

Couple of whiney ****s that they are.

Comment

I'd nobble him in training.

Comment

Agree with that.

Top top player and he knows it so he tries to do it all himself. I would miss him if he left.
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Paladinooo View Post
                              I'll be watching Buz and TheRat very carefully on Saturday. If either of them doesn't put in a 100% performance I'll let them know. They're the reason we've lost two decent managers and we're in this mess. It's time they paid us the fans back.

Couple of whiney ****s that they are.
                              Which decent managers are these then?

Magilton who failed to grasp an understanding of how to organise his defence to defend...at QPR and Ipswich -although considering he starred in Southampton side that played most games to win 4-3 it isn't surprising.

Don't be fooled by a good run during two months of the season. QPR won just 1 and drew 2 of his last 7 games in charge.

Or is that Hart, who wanted to play long ball hoofball with players like Simpson and Routledge and who has lost more games than won at every single club he managed.

Comment

Working...
                              X