No announcement yet.

Briatore Interview on Offish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go on then, a different perspective for you that I posted on another board...

Just a different **opinion** mind...

As with all the other garbage to come out of the board over the last two weeks, this is pure and simple garbage. There are no lies in there, but so many interpretations, its frankly embarrassing. Some examples:

"Paulo wasn't sacked, he had his contract terminated"
    "We terminated the employment of John Gregory"

The difference between a sacking and a terminated contract is...

"As a board, we spoke about wanting to see QPR play a more attacking aggressive brand of football in a 4-4-2 formation and he promised us that he would do that"
    Absolutely f**king barking. So, a manager is told to play 4-4-2 by a bunch of cretins who know NOTHING about football. Does this mean that we have to play 4-4-2 no matter what the opposition or whether we are home or away? If we are 2-1 down with ten minutes left, he can't go to 3-3-4 or 3-5-2 or 2-0-8 as needs be? If this isn't influencing the team coach then I don't know what is - keep you f**king nose out, Flab, YOU KNOW NOTHING.

"A few clubs approached me for Dexter including Nottingham Forest. I spoke to Gianni Paladini and he advised me that we needed to clear this with Paulo Sousa. Paulo came bck from Portugal on March 26th at lunchtime. Dexter discussed the situation with Paulo and he didn't say anything to Dexter about the possibility of him staying with QPR"

Right, so Paulo didn't say anything to Dexter, that does NOT mean that he arranged the loan deal. On the contrary, it clearly states that the board had already agreed with Forest. Dex is not suited to one up front, so if Sousa wanted to continue with that, how can he guarantee that Dex would be in his starting line up? Also, maybe he felt that he'd been undermined and couldn't be bothered to fight against the interference any more???

Four year plan - "we are progressing very well" - NO, we are not - muppet, we are back to square one on the management front. A new man will have new ideas that will need new players to implement - you going to fund that, or are we?

"We have invested over £34m in the club"
    Fine, does that mean that the club does NOT owe you £34m then? If someone wants to buy it off you, can he pay the same £10-20m you paid for the club. Surely, with £34m **invested** the club is debt free, isn't it?

Give it up on the Sousa baiting, settle with him out of court and SHUT UP. Discrimination is clear when you sack someone for doing something and keep others despite them REPEATEDLY doing the same thing. I doubt you have a case...

Then appoint a new man and for f*ck's sake DO NOT mandate 4-4-2 on him you know nothing, arrogant ******.

Thanks,
    davman x
    Last edited by davman; 15-04-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      did the two of you physically watch those 9 games? Please don't answer the question with another question.

I'm glad you enjoyed them. I didn't.

But anyway, we move on.
      I'm 100% with you on this Pete - and yes I watched all 9 plus all the others too. Incidentally, the only time I have EVER called for a manager to be sacked was Dowie, after the trip to Swansea as it was without doubt one of the most embarrassing performances ever - ok we didn't have any shots at goal and Swansea had the ball for about 80% of the game, but my reasons were based totally on the thuggish tactics applied - I have never seen a Rangers team like that in well over 30 years and never want to again,hence my reaction.
      As for Sousa, I wasn't convinced and didn't enjoy the football. I didn't call for his head but was pleased when the announcement came.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

What FB has stated on the official web site is good enough for me.

Comment

Great interview, fair play to him for coming out and giving that.

Would have been easy to hide in his shell after the last week.

I admit i was not happy with the sacking of sousa and the way it was done, however in the long run it may be the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            I dissagree mate.
            Burnley was last chance saloon.

Beating Ipswich was important because it would have gotten us back to winning ways, and it was at home.

That said, I also dissagree Ipswich was the most important.

For me, the defining part of our demise was the following 4 game sequence...

Norwich (home) 0-1 loss
            Sheff Utd (home) 0-0 draw
            Doncaster (away) 0-2 loss
            Southampton (away) 0-0 draw.

We got 2 points, when in reality we should have won both home games and also away to Southampton which would have gotten us in and around the playoffs. In fact, we'd be level points right now...maybe even 3 clear of 7th as we'd surely have beaten Palace seeing as it would have meant more. Instead, during those 4 games we get 2 loss's and 2 draws without even scoring.

That was shocking and very costly.

Edit: Mis calculation...

We'd have been 2 points off if we'd won three of those 4.
            As I said in my response to Pete all 46 matches are arguably as important as each other. If the season was just about these last few games Wolves wouldn't be top.

Comment

Excellent interview and fair play to him. Fans are fickle and we forget that with all that has happened since they came in, it is easy to forget that this is their first full season.... Patience is the key, along with the right managerial appointment in the summer.

Comment

What a load of old tosh

that was hardly an interview more a prepared statement

if he is so concerned about the one pay day in the earlybird period is he going to sack whover came up with that plan, if so concerned about prices is he going to sack whoever came up with the price structure.

It is not a FACT that the club would have dissapeared if he had not come in, it is supposition.

he doesnt interfere in the team selection but makes the manager "promise" to play 442
                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                  Excellent interview and fair play to him. Fans are fickle and we forget that with all that has happened since they came in, it is easy to forget that this is their first full season.... Patience is the key, along with the right managerial appointment in the summer.
                  Agree Del
                  Now, Then, Forever
                  [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Interesting to note that he classes it as a "HOBBY" and not a total commitment!!!!

Comment

Interesting points on stats:
                      Season won drew lost gf ga pts
                      04/05 17 10 18 54 58 62
                      05/06 12 14 18 50 65 50
                      06/07 14 11 21 54 68 53
                      07/08 14 15 16 60 66 58
                      08/09 15 15 13 41 41 60 (with 3 games to play)

Less goals conceded this year (although scored a lot less as well), hopefully more points gained and overall less matches lost. So not a disaster and a good foundation for next year. Perhaps we just wanted too mauch too soon?
                      Remember Gillard!!

Comment

Nothing in that is too much of a surprise, at least he has answered some questions.

However this point bugs me 'This is a very expensive hobby for us'
                        CHAMPIONS
                        Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                          What a load of old tosh

that was hardly an interview more a prepared statement

if he is so concerned about the one pay day in the earlybird period is he going to sack whover came up with that plan, if so concerned about prices is he going to sack whoever came up with the price structure.

It is not a FACT that the club would have dissapeared if he had not come in, it is supposition.

he doesnt interfere in the team selection but makes the manager "promise" to play 442
                          Having read what everyone has had to say, including the statement, I have to say that I think we need to be guarded on what we believe, and not just believe it out of hand. We know that this board has not been entirely upfront in recent years, and that the amount of spin that comes flying our way has been substantial -- so why suddenly start fawning over this particular statement?

Like Peter G., for me the statement makes as many questions pop into my head as it answers.

WHAT REALLY BOTHERS ME MOST??
                          4-5-1 can be very attacking OR very defensive -- depends whether your midfield is full of Mahons and Legs, or full of Routledges, Cooks and Ephraims. Even if you've never done a coaching badge (which I actually have), you would know from games like FIFA that 4-5-1 can mean SO MANY THINGS -- as can 4-4-2, which can actually be a very defensive formation -- and there have been times this season where we have lost miserably playing 4-4-2. And they aren't the only 2 formations -- there are LOADS!
                          The fact that FB doesn't seem to realise that is, for me, the reason why he shouldn't be demading even the formation -- so much depends on players availabe, opposition strengths and weaknesses, even conditions on the day.
                          It's no good moaning that we played 4-5-1 when we had three strikers available, because, if there is no understanding between those strikers, 4-4-2 is a waste of time and you're better off running an attacking 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 (which is nearer to what PS was playing) -- and SDC seems to have no understanding, whoever he's played with.

ANOTHER THING WHICH REALLY BOTHERS ME...
                          Why are people, who, only a year ago, were roundly condemning FB and the board for the season ticket increase, and repeated the exercise only weeks ago when the prices for next season were announced, suddenly hailing him as some new Messiah? I'm not saying he isn't, but there are too many elements of doubt running round in my head, especially over the issues of interference with the manager, and the ticket prices.

I think we need to be a little more consistent -- it's just as fickle to condemn the board over season tickets, and then to "hero-worship" FB (which is what it's come across as in some posts), as it is to boo the team and then cheer when they score.

Sorry for playing devil's advocate here, but I'm really trying to understand everyone's point of view, and it just worries me that this may well be a PR bit of spin or it may be genuine -- who can say?
                          Not me, nor any of you -- and THAT'S my point.

We all want what's best for the club, I just don't feel that ANY of us really have enough evidence to know what that is (and if you do, then someone needs the sack for divulging sensitive and confidential info...)

(Oh, memo to whoever is in charge of the PR/spin, if that's what it is -- I think the use of the words project and hobby are very ill-advised -- they offer an immediate target for criticism -- would advise the board to find acceptable alternatives.)
                          Last edited by swanleyhoop; 15-04-2009, 02:37 PM.
                          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Well done Flavio for putting the record straight

i was 95% sure i wouldnt renew my ST after that i am more 50-50 i still think the price is to high, but when the board puts up over 30 million to save our club whats an extra couple of hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                              The man talks sense which is more than can be said for some of our supporters who wanted to protest last Monday

I just think some of our supporters should realise how far we have come in a very short space of time.

I'm glad Flavio has done the interview I hope we can move on now.

Sounded like he really liked LDC
                              How far have we come then?

Sure, we have the plushest Boardroom in the Championship, and probably the most expensive car park in the league.

Football wise, and even possibly financially, we're worse off.
                              QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

How can we be worse off our best League finished in what nearly 15 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X