Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Very Rich People have Interest In Football Clubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Very Rich People have Interest In Football Clubs?

They are obviously not going to make money, so why do they do it?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Is anyone making money through football at the moment? Genuine question because every club seems to be in debt and struggling. So why do any of them bother other than for the entertainment. How our owners can be entertained or making money is beyond me.

Comment

Little ###xS

Thanks for the edit,now it looks worse.

I`m merely saying,it gives them a status within the game to show off to all and sundry.
      Last edited by Sharpy; 27-01-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

because they love football (Walker, Whelan, Sullivan, Gold etc), or want to be famous/loved (Abramovitch) or are ego maniacs (Briatore). Perhaps they want to try and make money The Glazers and that bloke who bought Brighton and sold their ground.

Comment

Some have football in them, others do it for the power kick and its also a good way to take out loans for personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            in a word.............

EGO

Comment

revenue streams to back other business ventures they may well be pursuing. common sense really, although with this lot it isn't so common

Comment

PERSONAL OPINIOPN - NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF THE MESSAGEBOARD !

Regardless of how wealthy they are, they may well enjoy football. Not all of them invest in their local/favoured teams. So YES, EGO is a factor.

Oh and the opportunity to launder money (Sssshhhhhh !) Allegedly !.
                Seriously, pretty much EVERY club is littered with underhand deals and dodgy geezers. We are no exception. But we are worst than most, I suspect.
                The great majority of clubs lose money hand over fist every season. Ideal opportunity, you'd think.

Now that may be contentious, but can anyone prove me wrong ?

Comment

In Flavio's case the LAND.

Comment

Because they are rich and they can maybe? its just run by utter ####ing cu next tuesday these days who don't give a toss about the fans

Comment

money laundering...obvious

Comment

Cos they are on backhanders. Football is riddled with dodge deals. The FA probably can't do too much about it as I am sure they all have their fingers in the till too!

Comment

Working...
                        X