I think the time for BS has come to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the time for BS has come to an end

Pete, can you please tell us the real reasons why these billionaires have bought into QPR?

I look at all the BS reasons given in the past, Boutique club, Rich man's plaything, place for Flav to entertain etc etc and for me none of them make sense.

These guys are successful businessmen and very rarely like to lose money, why did they invest in the football industry where it is common knowledge that clubs haemorrhage cash. I cannot see how they will ever make any money out of QPR unless you consider the ground to be worth a lot of cash in property value (think Highbury.)

Even if by some miraculous event we manage to get promoted (impossible unless you BUY quality players and hire respected manager) the TV money alone would not result in profit for the board especially with increased wage bill. The plan is not sustainable on crowds of 16,000 (should get those in Prem) Therefore a new ground would be required again huge outlay, unlikely to happen with so many grounds in London, and we would not have the support to fill it.

On the supporter subject we are losing potential fans every day that we are in the Championship, my nephews get untold grief in the playground for being QPR fans, even life long fans on here are now staying away.

So it brings me back to the original question why on earth have they invested. For me it can only be 1 of 2 reasons.

1. To launder money. What better way is there of cleaning dirty money than paying wage bills of £150,000 a week. Agents fees, loan fees etc etc

OR

2. To run the club into the ground, break it up and sell the ground for housing.

I know these sound like conspiracy theories but until the board act and behave in a way that suggest that genuine success of the football club is what they are working towards these theories will not go away.

When you think our owners are worth billions, yes billions, and we have not bought anyone over £1 million and have just sold our best and most saleable asset option 2 above seems more and more believable.
    Last edited by kingy10; 27-01-2010, 01:54 PM.
    :drunk:

Why would pete know why these billionaires have bought into QPR?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy View Post
      Why would pete know why these billionaires have bought into QPR?
      He moves in exclusive circles. Behind the drum lies a man of mystery.

Comment

That`s what makes me laugh about this board.Why do people seem to think that Pete has some sort of secret pass to the inner workings of all things QPR ?.

Get a grip,he struggles to get a rumour right,let alone if the club is laundering money or not.The ground can`t be sold for housing.

Comment

Pete, or anyone on here isn't privvy to what these blokes are thinking and planning.

He/they are fed tit-bits by GP and media sources... selective stuff that isn't on this scale.

Exactly what that big orange psycho/buffoon is really thinking probably changes from day to day anyway.
          (that's Flav, by the way!)
          Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
            Pete, can you please tell us the real reasons why these billionaires have bought into QPR?

I look at all the BS reasons given in the past, Boutique club, Rich man's plaything, place for Flav to entertain etc etc and for me none of them make sense.

These guys are successful businessmen and very rarely like to lose money, why did they invest in the football industry where it is common knowledge that clubs haemorrhage cash. I cannot see how they will ever make any money out of QPR unless you consider the ground to be worth a lot of cash in property value (think Highbury.)

Even if by some miraculous event we manage to get promoted (impossible unless you BUY quality players and hire respected manager) the TV money alone would not result in profit for the board especially with increased wage bill. The plan is not sustainable on crowds of 16,000 (should get those in Prem) Therefore a new ground would be required again huge outlay, unlikely to happen with so many grounds in London, and we would not have the support to fill it.

On the supporter subject we are losing potential fans every day that we are in the Championship, my nephews get untold grief in the playground for being QPR fans, even life long fans on here are now staying away.

So it brings me back to the original question why on earth have they invested. For me it can only be 1 of 2 reasons.

1. To launder money. What better way is there of cleaning dirty money than paying wage bills of £150,000 a week. Agents fees, loan fees etc etc

OR

2. To run the club into the ground, break it up and sell the ground for housing.

I know these sound like conspiracy theories but until the board act and behave in a way that suggest that genuine success of the football club is what they are working towards these theories will not go away.

When you think our owners are worth billions, yes billions, and we have not bought anyone over £1 million and have just sold our best and most saleable asset option 2 above seems more and more believable.
            I can see where you are coming from but option two does not make sense as the money they are losing is eating into the profit margin on potential property value (that is if they where to develop the site themselves!!) as if they where to sell just the stadium to developers it would be worth a lot less to them and the profit if ANY would be negligible
            Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Perhaps i need to SHOUT IT.

THEY CAN`T BUILD HOUSES ON LOFTUS ROAD.

Comment

Why not?

Comment

The area is deignated for sports and recreation,it has a covenant placed on it.

Comment

I think he believed, (Flav) he could take QPR into the prem, and then with the increase in tv money increase in sponsorship deals he could bring in new investment to keep QPR there, sure he never intended to stay, as a well run club that is stable in the prem is a very buy able commodity and he could easily recoup his money, i don't think he ever intended to stay chairman for ever just to sell a much improved product for a increase in his stake, now it seems an exit strategy is needed.

Comment

Did Highbury not have that?

Comment

.... and money talks

Comment

Your right Kingy,but what did they build close by ?

Comment

Well, to be honest, if option 2 was their preferred one, why spend money on decent (not world beating) Championship players? They could have wasted money in many, many other ways.

The reality is that the signs are that they clearly have tried to make a go of it, but that Briatore does not have the personality needed to succeed. Basically, sticking your oar in a business you know NOTHING about is ridiculously stupid. Pee-ing off football men like Dowie, like Sousa, like Gorman, etc., etc. because you want to "protect your **investment**" is just brain dead - any one of them would have done a job if they'd just been trusted to get on with it.

So, no, I don't think that their intention was either one of the two you highlight.

I just hope that they sort our affairs out before they run away - if that means selling another four or five players in this window, I couldn't care, as long as there is a club here next season.

Alternatively, Flab could surprise us all by clearing all the rubbish out (including our beloved DoF btw), appointing a Curbishly and then letting him do his own thing. D'ya reckon that'll happen?

No, thought not...

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
                              Well, to be honest, if option 2 was their preferred one, why spend money on decent (not world beating) Championship players? They could have wasted money in many, many other ways.

The reality is that the signs are that they clearly have tried to make a go of it, but that Briatore does not have the personality needed to succeed. Basically, sticking your oar in a business you know NOTHING about is ridiculously stupid. Pee-ing off football men like Dowie, like Sousa, like Gorman, etc., etc. because you want to "protect your **investment**" is just brain dead - any one of them would have done a job if they'd just been trusted to get on with it.

So, no, I don't think that their intention was either one of the two you highlight.

I just hope that they sort our affairs out before they run away - if that means selling another four or five players in this window, I couldn't care, as long as there is a club here next season.

Alternatively, Flab could surprise us all by clearing all the rubbish out (including our beloved DoF btw), appointing a Curbishly and then letting him do his own thing. D'ya reckon that'll happen?

No, thought not...
                              Totally agree, I don't buy into any conspiracy theories that Flavio has plotted the clubs downfall, it just doesn't make sense.

As you say I just think he has been sticking his oar in where it is not needed on matters he know's nothing about. You called call this protecting his investment, in reality it has had completely the oposite effect.

At the same time I'm pretty sure he has protected himself against any significant personal losses should his project fail!

Comment

Working...
                              X