What Went Wrong With The Defence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Went Wrong With The Defence?

At one time we had possibly one of the best defence's... last season it seemed pretty solid...
    However this season its shipping more goals faster than the old days of Karl Ready & Steve Morrow...... So what exactly has gone wrong with it? Is it lack of confidence, poor tactics, poor coaching? what are your thoughts?

Magilton went wrong.

He sold Delaney & recalled Hall, dropped Gorkss before deciding to witch hhis central defensive partnership for almost every game.

That and concentrating solely on attacking football (a bit like his old playing days at Southampton - when they were great to watch, but very inconsistant).

Comment

should have just left it alone like last year - simple as that. We had a great defence, just needed to improve going forward. Instead we sold one of our defenders, brought in Fitz Hall over our player of the year, and sold our top scorer - and brought in nobody up front to replace him. hmmm - yea thats makes sense

Comment

I guess so.. :(

Comment

I have to say the pre match warm up is totally different these days. Seems good but obviously isn't working.

The defence were just cut up by the pace of the Forest front men and the keeper didn't give them any confidence,

Matty did well in the centre, Gorkks was fairly solid although he struggled against the pace, Hill did ok but needs more time to impress, Stewpeas was poor, Ramage did ok'ish.

In my opinion it was the lacklustre midfield and attack where we failed.
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
            I have to say the pre match warm up is totally different these days. Seems good but obviously isn't working.

The defence were just cut up by the pace of the Forest front men and the keeper didn't give them any confidence,

Matty did well in the centre, Gorkks was fairly solid although he struggled against the pace, Hill did ok but needs more time to impress, Stewpeas was poor, Ramage did ok'ish.

In my opinion it was the lacklustre midfield and attack where we failed.
            This keeper has to be the worst we've had in a while - to say he didn't give them any confidence is the understatement of the year!
            The lacklustre midfield = Buz and Legs were dire, Faullin and Quashie at least tried - and don't you think it was all too narrow?
            I would have played Hogan from the start and tried to get some width.
            One thing that was very obvious was the lack of any "out ball" to a pacy winger just to release the pressure - the one asset I believe Routeledge had that was worth keeping him for :tired:
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              This keeper has to be the worst we've had in a while - to say he didn't give them any confidence is the understatement of the year!
              The lacklustre midfield = Buz and Legs were dire, Faullin and Quashie at least tried - and don't you think it was all too narrow?
              I would have played Hogan from the start and tried to get some width.
              One thing that was very obvious was the lack of any "out ball" to a pacy winger just to release the pressure - the one asset I believe Routeledge had that was worth keeping him for :tired:
              Spot on
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

True but we lack width now and routledge was the one that provided that... So it does look a little narrow now.

But even so, its basically the same back 4 we had last season and they did quite well under sousa... what changed?

Comment

Working...
                X