Where do we go from here?!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do we go from here?!!!!

Last night’s performance and result has definitely brought home the stark reality of what is happening at our club.

We have gone from promotion hopefuls to one of the worst sides in the division (on current form) in just a few short months. It is now obvious that promotion will not be possible this season (I think even the optimists and Briatore lovers will admit that). I have to admit I am actually genuinely worried about relegation now and have been looking at the fixture list for the last 20 games and wondering where we are actually going to pick up points.

We have a squad of players that no longer take any pride in playing for QPR. The dressing room was lost the day the Flavio Briatore gave in to player power rather than backing Jim Magilton and I fear that installing a healthy amount of respect for any manager may not be possible with this crop of players.

To add to our woes I fear we are in a much worse financial situation than many would expect given the wealth of our owners. The club is haemorrhaging money every month due inflated wages, loan repayments, pay off’s to sacked managers etc, coupled with ever decreasing gate receipts. Furthermore it is becoming apparent that the rescue deal put in place by our “saviours” Briatore and co was little more than a re-finance of outstanding debts rather than any substantial investment. As such we are still a club with an enormous debt.

It is speculated that the club currently owes somewhere between £30m and £35m, some would argue pocket change for our current owners but on the other hand a serious sum of money for a Championship football side with no tangible assets other than the ground and a handful of players who may fetch a decent fee.

Should the current board walk you can assume they will take the majority of their investment with them (these guys didn’t get rich by being stupid). Where would that leave the club? Administration without a doubt, but possibly even worse.

I have to be honest I feel it is only a matter of time before Flav and his cronies get bored with their play thing. As much as I want to see them go, I fear for our club without their financial clout.

Spot on Tarbie. What woories me is administrartion gain and restarting from League 1!
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
      Spot on Tarbie. What woories me is administrartion gain and restarting from League 1!
      To be honest Yousef I would take administration and relegation just to see a bit of pride restored in our club but I worry that without a wealthy investor the club could cease to exist altogether.

Comment

Look at Southampton, Leeds and Norwich as there fans are enjoying this season.

Comment

The club simply needs English owners who care about the club name
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

We never were promotion hopefuls - we had a brief period punching above our weight just as we did under Dowie then we got sussed out and the reality of our unbalanced, badly assembled squad came home to roost, spat with players is a side issue.

Unfortunately too many got carried away by the purple patch and thought we were nailed on for promotion.

The reality of admin however could easily see us without a ground, not that I think that was their intention it just could be the end result of trusting one man too much on player contracts, wages and indeed choices as it has cost us a fortune..
            "Originally Posted by qblockpete
            QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
            Swansea will finish in bottom 6
            Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
              We never were promotion hopefuls - we had a brief period punching above our weight just as we did under Dowie then we got sussed out and the reality of our unbalanced, badly assembled squad came home to roost, spat with players is a side issue.

Unfortunately too many got carried away by the purple patch and thought we were nailed on for promotion.

The reality of admin however could easily see us without a ground, not that I think that was their intention it just could be the end result of trusting one man too much on player contracts, wages and indeed choices as it has cost us a fortune..
              You seem like a very well informed chap Writtler. Can you see a way out of this mess that isn't going to cause the fans more heartache?

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                The club simply needs English owners who care about the club name
                I don't care where the owners are from Yousef as long as they have the best interests of the club at heart!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  I don't care where the owners are from Yousef as long as they have the best interests of the club at heart!
                  Here here
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Where do we go from here??!!
                    Down to the lake, I fear.

Aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye..... etc...
                    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post

I have said all along, QPR had a purple patch and Magilton was not a good manager.

I can see why some think backing the players proved to be the downfall, but in truth, Magilton deserved to go for poor results. The Buzsaky incident just made it easier and cheaper to get rid of him.

I don't know where QPR are heading, but it certainly isn't the Prem League.

You are correct in saying the Board have not cleared debts merely refinanced them (some to their own companies i.e. the ABC loan - which means they not only get paid interest, but in a few years time, get the freehold of the ground for a bargain price).

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        You are correct in saying the Board have not cleared debts merely refinanced them (some to their own companies i.e. the ABC loan - which means they not only get paid interest, but in a few years time, get the freehold of the ground for a bargain price).
                        So what your saying Stan is the club could be heading for a situation where we would not own our ground. Like the Palace vs Ron Noades situation?

Comment

Working...
                        X