Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember the Derby Game?

Was that really us?

A scantily clad woman once sang a song which had the line "if I could turn back time"

If you could at what point this season would you go back to?

For me its back to the Watford dressing room to tell Jim there is a phone call from his mum just before the butt
    A man who has not made a mistake has made nothing

If only

Comment

Sadly the heady days of October seem a long, long time ago.....

13 games played 11 points and 30 goals conceded.....

God, I am pi$$ed off this morning.... :cry:
      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

At 2-0 down my thoughts turned to that game ! 5 mins later you just knew 5 or 6 was going to be the score.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M View Post
          Was that really us?

A scantily clad woman once sang a song which had the line "if I could turn back time"

If you could at what point this season would you go back to?

For me its back to the Watford dressing room to tell Jim there is a phone call from his mum just before the butt
          I would go back further than that.

I would go back to Flavio Briatore's 1st managerial appointment and picked a manager with a bit of quality who would have taken us up within 2 seasons!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            I would go back further than that.

I would go back to Flavio Briatore's 1st managerial appointment and picked a manager with a bit of quality who would have taken us up within 2 seasons!
            dowie would have done that but didnt play the football they wanted.
            "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
              Very true but I have to be honest, at the time I expected a much better appointment than Dowie and I certainly wasn't alone.

I think Flavio's inability to pick a decent manager and alow him to manage on the field matters as he sees fit has been the very reason why he has failed!

Comment

Fantastic game and performance... at that stage I really thought we had something special there....shame

Comment

Turning point for me, was when Magilton came out and criticised the players and indicated what big time charlies some of them are.

Knowing that we change managers, the players knew they hold the powers, not the manager. Gone down hil ever since.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Magilton should of stayed and Buzz should of left.

The fact Gorman wanted out said it all
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Didnt we have a +11 or 12 Goal difference back then as well??

Happy days but sadly just a purple patch in an(other) otherwise poor season....so far
                      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post

I agree.

I wanted someone more attack minded than Dowie appointed, but he did a
                        decent job. He was getting results on the pitch even if displays were not very entertaining.

I seem to recall rumours that he was appointed to win promotion and if he succeeded, he would have had a 7 figure bonus and pay-off, so that a higher profile manager could take QPR up to the next phase of the 4 year plan.

QPR were on the fringe of the play-offs, hard to beat and the players looked very fit. So what changed? Why did he get sacked?

As for the Derby game, perhaps that was just a blip during Magilton's management at QPR.

Comment

Thing is the reality is Dowie only won 1 of his last 6 games here and we were starting to go the same way as Coventry did the season before after their bright start.

The rot started the day we sacked Sousa - it may not have been pretty to watch but he knew we weren't good enough to mount a proper challenge last season with NO forwards/Buzz etc and decided to build for this season but oh no good old DOF GP calls his a c.... to fans and the rest is history. Stupid mistake..
                          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Working...
                          X