My sensible view on the situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sensible view on the situation

While I am no fan on Briatore - the key to being a good businessman is delegation - he has passed signing players and getting in good managers onto Gianni and he has been very poor. Contrary to popular opinion we HAVE spent big - but poorly with very little planning. Forest show the perfect example of how to do it - get in a good proven manager - give him time and money - and reap the rewards.

Ok, maybe it came from Briatore/the board to sack managers which has been a major factor - but who lined them up for interview - do we think Briatore said "get me Jim Magilton!"?

I know people at the club and they say he is like a loveable uncle but completely useless! Why have very average players been given 4 year contracts? I don't want to say anything liable - so I will stop there.

Get some people back in the club who at least understand the support - because we are getting no communication with the fans. If we are trying a new approach and cutting wages - bringing in leaner, younger players - that's fine. But let the supporters know that - we are not silly and we love the club - we've been in worse situations - if we are going back to basics - communicate it to us - we might actually get behind you and we can have our club back. Only a few years ago - we were a "proper football club" - now we are just a sideshow I got to every other Saturday - I still love this club as do thousands as others - we just need some good people to sort it out and us fans will then play our part and get the atmosphere going!!!!

C'mon you RRRRRRRRRRRR'ssss

Btw... I won't be dressed as a clown on Saturday - support our team on the pitch - criticize after....

Comment

Originally posted by bellboy View Post
      While I am no fan on Briatore - the key to being a good businessman is delegation - he has passed signing players and getting in good managers onto Gianni and he has been very poor. Contrary to popular opinion we HAVE spent big - but poorly with very little planning. Forest show the perfect example of how to do it - get in a good proven manager - give him time and money - and reap the rewards.

Ok, maybe it came from Briatore/the board to sack managers which has been a major factor - but who lined them up for interview - do we think Briatore said "get me Jim Magilton!"?

I know people at the club and they say he is like a loveable uncle but completely useless! Why have very average players been given 4 year contracts? I don't want to say anything liable - so I will stop there.

Get some people back in the club who at least understand the support - because we are getting no communication with the fans. If we are trying a new approach and cutting wages - bringing in leaner, younger players - that's fine. But let the supporters know that - we are not silly and we love the club - we've been in worse situations - if we are going back to basics - communicate it to us - we might actually get behind you and we can have our club back. Only a few years ago - we were a "proper football club" - now we are just a sideshow I got to every other Saturday - I still love this club as do thousands as others - we just need some good people to sort it out and us fans will then play our part and get the atmosphere going!!!!

That's about as fair as anyone can be towards Mr Briatore.

If he wants to be any kind of success in football, then he should have that tattooed onto the back of his big orange hand, and read it every morning.

If he can't see that many people STILL wish he'd wake up and stop trusting complete idiots to run his football club... then he deserves every little bit of stick he gets.
      In F1 he hired the best to run his operation... Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher. At QPR?? He's hired Frank Spencer and Mr Bean.

The buck stops with him. And I'm sorry, but I just cannot get that "£20 doesn't give you the right to critisize me" comment out of my head.

By the way... I love the vision of Flav sitting in his big leather chair, pressing the intercom button to GP, and growling, "Get me Jim Magilton".
      Last edited by Goddard; 27-01-2010, 02:56 AM.
      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

That was a goood post

Comment

Good point, in F1 - they employ the best - it seems in football people are happy with any old crap to run their club.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
            That's about as fair as anyone can be towards Mr Briatore.

If he wants to be any kind of success in football, then he should have that tattooed onto the back of his big orange hand, and read it every morning.

If he can't see that many people STILL wish he'd wake up and stop trusting complete idiots to run his football club... then he deserves every little bit of stick he gets.
            In F1 he hired the best to run his operation... Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher. At QPR?? He's hired Frank Spencer and Mr Bean.

The buck stops with him. And I'm sorry, but I just cannot get that "£20 doesn't give you the right to critisize me" comment out of my head.

By the way... I love the vision of Flav sitting in his big leather chair, pressing the intercom button to GP, and growling, "Get me Jim Magilton".
            "£20 doesn't give you the right to critisize me"

Is he on video saying that or was it in a written article?, he is insane to make that kind of comment.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
              "£20 doesn't give you the right to critisize me"

Is he on video saying that or was it in a written article?, he is insane to make that kind of comment.

"People forget very quickly what I did for this club. Some fans, because they pay £20, they want to criticise.

"It's very easy for me to walk away. I don't have any problem with that. We want to keep the club but somebody needs to remember QPR three years ago and look at it now. Some people are jealous. There's a lot of jealousy."

I wrote it in green, because it made me feel sick.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opin...cle291323.html
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

FB may be an arrogant **** at times but have to say his biggest mistake bar none is delegating what he has to GP and relying on him to look after the ship when he is not there - schoolboy error!
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                  "People forget very quickly what I did for this club. Some fans, because they pay £20, they want to criticise.

"It's very easy for me to walk away. I don't have any problem with that. We want to keep the club but somebody needs to remember QPR three years ago and look at it now. Some people are jealous. There's a lot of jealousy."

I wrote it in green, because it made me feel sick.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opin...cle291323.html

My blood is boiling after reading that.

I didnt understand why everyone was getting so irate, now i do.

Comment

Originally posted by bellboy View Post

Maybe you are correct in saying that GP was appointed to sign players managers etc. In wg=hich case, he shouldhave been sacked a while ago for signing players on big money anfd long term contracts, who are clearly not up to the job. Same goes fopr the managerial appointments.

The buck should stop with the man in charge i.e. FB.

Comment

Let's face it after the Gino fiasco and how much that cost the club GP should never have been allowed to stay in that position beyond that date - can't believe such a monumental mistake would have been tolerated at any other club.

Comment

Writtler,

apologises but I do not agree.

You can only spend what you have been given, you can sell what you have been told to do.

if he was given a 50 million budget, then go ahead and criticise.

The first January when we brought the players in, I think only Ageymang at the time was questioned. Okay, Hall turned out to be pretty poor, but at the time I find no posts to indicate it was bad buy.

I don't disagree we are approaching a time for change, but I would not place all the problems on one persons shoulders, to do that indicates purely a personal vendetta. The problem is much bigger than one person
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Some good points made but if your given a brief and you follow it to the letter how can anyone just blame Gianni Paladini.

For example LDC - we need an Italian manager and GP was to assist in player recruitment worked really well but LDC left because of his personal life.

Gianni then told go out get an English manager who has proven experience of the Championship, in comes Iain Dowie and Tim Flowers we start well but Dowie then gets the hump, who was it that signed Parejo and Di Carmine again?

We then have a series of managers who fail to live up to expectation, one lost the dressing room, one should never of been appointed and now we are back exactly where we were just after the take over with Mick Harford.

If I honestly thought it was GP that was the problem then I would say so, the Routledge deal is a prime example of this Routledge wanted to go yet people still blame GP for selling him.

Did nobody look at his playing career look how many clubs he has had for such a young lad?

It's all about money and has been for a while I'm afraid when we do it to other clubs it's great but when it's done to us people scream from the roofs.

The same people who will also go through our accounts by the way and point out that we are millions in debt then when we sell a player moan even more, one way or another it was good business for the club the player and probably Newcastle.

The reality is that GP carries out orders on behalf of others, he is no longer the guy who is responsible for everything at QPR.

Now I would say that if the board like Spurs did last year want to scrap the whole Sporting Director role bring in Curbishley and give him everything he wanted I'd support that as well, but remember Briatores words, no one tells me how to spend my money.

The manager should always be the main man at the football club, Inter Milan have a Sporting Director but he does not tell the special one how to run his club.

Be interesting to see what happens with the Mittall family it's about time they were a bit more vocal in my opinion.

As for Saturdays protest, I'll be in the pub
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                            Some good points made but if your given a brief and you follow it to the letter how can anyone just blame Gianni Paladini.

For example LDC - we need an Italian manager and GP was to assist in player recruitment worked really well but LDC left because of his personal life.

Gianni then told go out get an English manager who has proven experience of the Championship, in comes Iain Dowie and Tim Flowers we start well but Dowie then gets the hump, who was it that signed Parejo and Di Carmine again?

We then have a series of managers who fail to live up to expectation, one lost the dressing room, one should never of been appointed and now we are back exactly where we were just after the take over with Mick Harford.

If I honestly thought it was GP that was the problem then I would say so, the Routledge deal is a prime example of this Routledge wanted to go yet people still blame GP for selling him.

Did nobody look at his playing career look how many clubs he has had for such a young lad?

It's all about money and has been for a while I'm afraid when we do it to other clubs it's great but when it's done to us people scream from the roofs.

The same people who will also go through our accounts by the way and point out that we are millions in debt then when we sell a player moan even more, one way or another it was good business for the club the player and probably Newcastle.

The reality is that GP carries out orders on behalf of others, he is no longer the guy who is responsible for everything at QPR.

Now I would say that if the board like Spurs did last year want to scrap the whole Sporting Director role bring in Curbishley and give him everything he wanted I'd support that as well, but remember Briatores words, no one tells me how to spend my money.

The manager should always be the main man at the football club, Inter Milan have a Sporting Director but he does not tell the special one how to run his club.

Be interesting to see what happens with the Mittall family it's about time they were a bit more vocal in my opinion.

As for Saturdays protest, I'll be in the pub
                            Very disrespectful and we all know you drink to much but surely prioritys should come 1st. You just seem to keep sweeping things under the carpet.
                            Shall we all act like you and drink and pretend everything is normal. You have been in thailand to long if you think the pub is the answer
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              Writtler,

apologises but I do not agree.

You can only spend what you have been given, you can sell what you have been told to do.

if he was given a 50 million budget, then go ahead and criticise.

The first January when we brought the players in, I think only Ageymang at the time was questioned. Okay, Hall turned out to be pretty poor, but at the time I find no posts to indicate it was bad buy.

I don't disagree we are approaching a time for change, but I would not place all the problems on one persons shoulders, to do that indicates purely a personal vendetta. The problem is much bigger than one person
                              So doubling someone like Agyemang's wages and offering him a 4 1/2 year deal is acceptable is it Pete?

All well and good saying he could only spend what he is given but on who exactly and on what terms? The argument that as an ex agent (even though he never officially held an agent's licence) and knows how to negotiate good deals etc is wearing a bit thin now, FB relies on recommendations/advice from one man and makes recommendations based on that advice. By and large crap decisions have been made as a result of the advice/recommendation given to him. The time has come..

Comment

Working...
                              X