Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owners: take note of Burnley

They sold Kyle Lafferty to Rangers for £2.5mil

Then went on to buy Chris Eagles from Man utd (who was the best player i saw at LR last season) , Martin Paterson ( there top goalscorer) and a couple of other players that aided their promotion push i believe

Use the money from Routledges sale to do the SAME!!

Burnley are a great example of how a small club should be run. They also had the benefit of a very good manager and a settled squad. More important than splashing the cash is getting the stability we have been lacking. That means appointing a manager and letting him get on with the job of managing.

It took Burnley several years and after the debacle of the last two years, from a managerial perspective, may take us another couple if the footballing side is run properly. I still think we have the right ingredients. Just need to learn from what has happened. The sale of WR doesn't concern me at all in this context.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Burnley are a great example of how a small club should be run. They also had the benefit of a very good manager and a settled squad. More important than splashing the cash is getting the stability we have been lacking. That means appointing a manager and letting him get on with the job of managing.

It took Burnley several years and after the debacle of the last two years, from a managerial perspective, may take us another couple if the footballing side is run properly. I still think we have the right ingredients. Just need to learn from what has happened. The sale of WR doesn't concern me at all in this context.
      Spot on. All we can expect is that we Harford will get a longer contract if he shows the ability to be that person in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
        They sold Kyle Lafferty to Rangers for £2.5mil

Then went on to buy Chris Eagles from Man utd (who was the best player i saw at LR last season) , Martin Paterson ( there top goalscorer) and a couple of other players that aided their promotion push i believe

Use the money from Routledges sale to do the SAME!!
        We've got Hill and Quashie what more do you want? How about Graham Cavanagh he is 30 plus plays in league 2 and might even be available on loan..... FLAVIO SIGN HIM UP :bad_egg:
        :drunk:

Comment

Working...
        X