A slightly positive view...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A slightly positive view...

I fully expect to get shot down in flames regarding this post, as is the nature of this board right now...and it's fully understandable!

I'm just as concerned/ annoyed/ heartbroken or any other term you want to use regarding the state of affairs that is QPR fc at the moment. I realised a long time ago that I need to accept that the more things change, the more things will stay the same regarding this club. We're constantly being linked with players that nobody wants, and even when we are linked with players atleast half of us can agree will make a positive contribution to the team, we seem to make no effort whatsoever to bring them to the club with reasons like wages/ attitude problems/ fee's being the issue. Attendances are at an all time low, as is morale regarding both on field and off field antics at the club.

However (and this is where I fully expect people to disagree with me on this one) as of late, i've actually not been to down hearted regarding our recent in and outs regarding the football club. Ok, so ideally nobody would have had Ikeme/ Hill and Quashie at the top of the shopping list, or even, dare I say it, in consideration at all when thinking of players that would improve the club. I'm also sure that nobody would have selling Routledge to a promotion rival as an ideal way to return to the good ol days at QPR.

But, what we have done is bring in 3 players who fit the QPR mould. Ikeme aside, we have brought in 2 players who have a reputation for giving 100% and in Quashie, a player who has QPR running through his vains. Even Ikeme should provide decent competition to Cerny, who lets face it has been a real let down this season.

We needed a left back, and have done for quite some time, and in Hill we have a player who not only was part of promotion winning Wolves last season, but is a player who's clearly looking to gain some first team football and no doubt re-establish himself. He may only be a loan now, but if all goes well for him this season I see no reason why Wolves wouldn't sell him to us on the cheap as he's clearly not in Mick Mcarthy's plans. Even the real die hard negative fans (which at time's is a catagory I myself could fall into) must atleast be relieved we've potentially seen the end of Borrowdale now with Hill joining???

As far Quashie, like I said, he's one of us, and like the Birchams and Gallens before him, will work his ******** off for this club, which is something we've all been crying out for! He's been at promotion winning clubs before, and has also played at the highest level many times. Yes, his injury record is a concern, but if he can stay fit, I see no reason why he wont be a usefull edition to the team. We've needed a leader on the pitch for as long as we've needed a new left back, and in Quashie we have just that. His experience can only mean good things for the likes of Hogan and Faulin as well who are clearly the future of this club.

I'm not ITK in the slightest so I cant shed any light on any other players we may be bringing into the club, but from what i've seen so far, the club have recognised what positions we needed new faces in, and have gone and got what's required. Cerny needed competition, we needed a new left back, we needed a midfield general and by the sounds of it, we're also likely to bring in a striker or 2 before the window closes.

Losing Routledge isn't the end of the world although im with the majority of you who are absolutely gutted he has gone. For all we know the club fully intends on replacing Routledge, and may even use some of the cash to invest in that much needed striker we've been craving for years.

In Mick Harford we also have a manager the players clearly like. With Connoly recently coming out saying he loves the club, and Hogan being involved back in first team affairs (a player i've always thought gave 100% for us if nothing else) and Quashie returning (not to mention Cook nearing fitness) at the very least, it seems we are getting back to having a squad that gives a **** about the club and the fans.

You may all tear apart this thread bit by bit now....
    Will change my user name to half full when QPR give me reason too...

I wont care if we sign a replacement (moses/ambrose/mcanuff), but the money probably wont go into the team :(

(Good post btw)
    Last edited by qpr-buzsaky; 26-01-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X