X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good bit of Business

Routledge was bought for 300k

Boro have matched the 2 mil asking price and thats a decent 1.7 mil mark up

Also worth noting wayne is one of the highest earners at the club, 20k a week i last heard

Hopefully we can put that money towards getting someone like Kitson in

You are really earning your c-club visit as the unofficial spokesperson of QPR FC.

Comment

are you trying to wind people up? we've been assured that we are not a selling club, we should not be selling our best players. and thats that.

Comment

Kitson is on higher wages surely???

Good business if you are a club with financial problem.Not very ambitious if you are selling best players( opinions) and replacing with stop gap loans.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          You are really earning your c-club visit as the unofficial spokesperson of QPR FC.
          so are you saying 1.7 mil profit is not decent?

or are you looking for an angle to blame GP like you normally do?

Comment

Every club is a selling club.

Comment

I'm not on about this particular situation, but the trouble is, in life we get bits of info here and there, and then people making ill-informed judgements without possibly never ever getting the full facts of the whole story.

Comment

For a team that was meant to challenge for promotion its just odd to sell your star player especially to a rival team...

People would had accepted it more if he was going to the premiership, but to middlesborough?!

I just can't understand why we never really went for it this year, its strange.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                  are you trying to wind people up? we've been assured that we are not a selling club, we should not be selling our best players. and thats that.
                  wait and see

Comment

Not good business at all cos we've a good championship player.
                    IMO would be a good deal If we got Simpson with the money but that won't happen I'm affraid.

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
                      wait and see
                      wait for what exactly?

Comment

It would be decent if the £1.7M profit was being ploughed back into the team, but its not, so the profit is lining someone pocket, that will not benefit QPR FC.

looking not to blame anyone, just saying it as i see it.

Comment

Also its ok saying we made £1.7m on him but we now have to buy another player to replace him otherwise we'll have big gaps in the side :(

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
                            Routledge was bought for 300k

Boro have matched the 2 mil asking price and thats a decent 1.7 mil mark up

Also worth noting wayne is one of the highest earners at the club, 20k a week i last heard

Hopefully we can put that money towards getting someone like Kitson in
                            Routledge was bought for nearer £600k. Aston Villa get 20% meaning we get £1.36k (roughly) meaning we've made £760k (again, roughly) so not that great considering we've paid close to £500k in wages (presuming he's on around £13k per week to which we possibly paid 50% for the 1st 6 months and 100% for the next 6?!)

I could be completely wrong with my calculations, but I guarentee we've made nowhere near £1.7m.

Oops, edited from 5's to %'s on my figures :embarrassed:
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

This is not a profit and loss business, this is a results business, and if we sell our best players we are doomed to mid-table or worse every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X