• Show
Clear All

• Derek Buxton

How sad is that news on the official!
    I used to love reading his factoids back in the 70's
    RIP to another R's link :shame:
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

If I remember right he got treated pretty badly by the club at times as well :(

RIP

Comment

RIP

Comment

I can remember his stats and found it very interesting, remember that he had a page each programme/

Anyone know what happened to michael Whale who also used to write articles?
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          I can remember his stats and found it very interesting, remember that he had a page each programme/

Retired probably was also on Nationwide.

Rip to A name I grew up with in the programme.

Comment

Yep, had a page every game when the prog was a real entertaining read
            Don't know what happened to the Whale - got sacked by Talk Sport a while back IIC but other than that?
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Use to love reading his stats in the old chequered programmes and then testing mates at school

RIP Derek

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                Use to love reading his stats in the old chequered programmes and then testing mates at school

RIP Derek
                too true
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

RIP Derek

Comment

Micheal Wale lives off the Askew Rd and does a bit for LBC
                    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
                      If I remember right he got treated pretty badly by the club at times as well :(

RIP
                      Yes he did, recently.
                      Anyway, that's for another thread I suppose.

RIP, to Derek Buxton.... a part of my childhood/youth.
                      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

RIP, grew up with that gentleman. I think all the previous problems he had with the club where resolved, I am sure I remember him doing something a little while back?
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

I am really saddened by this news.

When I used to write occasionally for the programme in the late 80's he would often name check me on his page and me likewise.

Through that he and I became great friends and would often write to each other and, despite our mickey-taking out of each others work, we had a mutual respect for each other. Sadly we lost touch soon after my mum died. My fault, I was too depressed to keep in contact with many people.

It is testament to our friendship and his greatness that I still have all the letters he sent me from that time.

I will miss this very dear friend.

RIP Derek. You are a true QPR legend.

Comment

Sad to hear that. Was always a great read. RIP

Comment

Always the first article I went to as a kid, to see what sequences were on or when wasthe last time we beat todays opponents etc etc really miss the stats today......RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X