Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Was The Last Time We Had an Academy System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Was The Last Time We Had an Academy System?

Who got rid of it ?? Why Can we not have a Centre of Excellance

Its true that last week, when we played Luton we should have a team that should beat it, whatever team we put out and we lost 3-0!!! Not much home-grown talent just trialists that are probably predicted to be Maradonas by their agents.

How many kids from the White City do we ever get, or from Hammersmith, Harlesden and Willesden and places like that. We know there is plenty of raw football talent out there.

Its been like it for about 10 years now, surely we should be addressing inow, it order to progress? Then, we might have players coming through that care for the club??
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

same reason we don't sign players on a prem instead of loan...all to do with money......

Comment

It cost too much money and we wasn't producing players.... if they were any good i.e Parret or Sterling they go next to nothing to a premiership side, until that is changed there isn't any point.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Its true that last week, when we played Luton we should have a team that should beat it, whatever team we put out and we lost 3-0!!! Not much home-grown talent just trialists that are probably predicted to be Maradonas by their agents.

How many kids from the White City do we ever get, or from Hammersmith, Harlesden and Willesden and places like that. We know there is plenty of raw football talent out there.

Its been like it for about 10 years now, surely we should be addressing inow, it order to progress? Then, we might have players coming through that care for the club??
        You are right that we should be trying to develop youth, Palace and Watford seem to do much better than us for similar size clubs. But don't expect manny of the local lads to support QPR, they will more than likely be Arsenal, CFC, Man U or Liverpool. Sky and the Prem have made sure all kids are bombarded with the big 4.
        RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Cntr of excellence is the cheap version Pete.Academy status requires a dome and other better infrastructure.Southend have cntr of excellence and development squads which my son plays for same as Col U.Orient have similar plus set up a team called L O A S S who play in local lgs thus getting plenty of playing time.

http://loass.intheteam.com/modules/p...d=12572&pmid=0 Orient way
          Last edited by Gtleighsr3; 24-01-2010, 05:38 PM.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
            It cost too much money and we wasn't producing players.... if they were any good i.e Parret or Sterling they go next to nothing to a premiership side, until that is changed there isn't any point.
            is sterling still with us? cos hes from wembley

hasnt flavio realised everything costs money yet
            i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Quaz, we generally loan players anyway in the last 12-13 years

We've bought big in last 2 years in context, of what we did before that. Under Chris Wright is the last time we really spent big and look what happened.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Where/if do QPR look for youngsters?.In Essex my part Chelsea,Southend,Col U,Orient
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

We should be looking for more youngsters. Great to have Sterling, but its just seems a general consensus with most clubs not to go for homegrown talent. We are guilty of it, but many clubs are the same. Would like to be a position whereby we are not in poxy league with our youngsters for starters

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                    Where/if do QPR look for youngsters?.In Essex my part Chelsea,Southend,Col U,Orient
                    My lad plays for Boreham Youth and at their games this morning, running from U7 through to U16 there were scouts from Spurs, Chelsea, Col U, Southend and Gillingham.

Centre of excellence should work in the same manner as an Academy. To gain FA Academy status would cost us conservatively £25m. Just not worth our while.

We should be picking up boys let go by Arsenal and Chelsea.

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                      is sterling still with us? cos hes from wembley

hasnt flavio realised everything costs money yet
                      sterling is from harlesden but he goes to school in wembley

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                        My lad plays for Boreham Youth and at their games this morning, running from U7 through to U16 there were scouts from Spurs, Chelsea, Col U, Southend and Gillingham.

Centre of excellence should work in the same manner as an Academy. To gain FA Academy status would cost us conservatively £25m. Just not worth our while.

Thats a hell of alot of money

Not worth spending that until we reach the premiership

Comment

We should be looking for more youngsters. Great to have Sterling, but its just seems a general consensus with most clubs not to go for homegrown talent. We are guilty of it, but many clubs are the same. Would like to be a position whereby we are not in poxy league with our youngsters for starters
                          Yeah but I remember when they closed it down, the reason for that was it was costing £1.5m to run every year and we wasn't producing anyone... also as I said if they are any good at the age of 14/15 the top 5 grab them and you get peanuts... look at crystal palace with bostock, they invested heavily in that youngster and in the end tottenham grabbed him and palace had
                          £150k compensation.... that player now is worth £1.5m.... so there isn't any point trying to produce players as much because we can't compete and the elite clubs grab them....

Sterling, if he goes to arsenal we'll only probably get £200k (plus maybe a fee for future apperances) yet in 3 years time he may be worth £2m+? who knows. Thats why we never rushed to sell him so quick because they are dismal offers and compensations.....

Comment

Until we get a decent Academy I will continue to question our owners longterm commitment.
                            I have decided to feel upbeat as long as I may be able to but in this case I do rest it a bit.:shame:

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post

Agree.

I asked this question the other day and got very few responses:

Long term investment in youth or short term investment in youth?

Picking up the Simpson's and the Connolly's of this world is an easier and cheaper than the academy but we still need to be doing more. The likes of Van Aaholt and Bertrand can't both be the next left back for Chelsea neither can Traore or Cruise at Arsenal. Keep an eye on what the top clubs are producing and bring in some of their unwanted youth players. When we are more financially set then establish an academy.

Comment

Working...
                              X